There's no way I should get one of these....YOLO!

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, as a companion to all of those gear threads about what we are going to buy or how we should save money or whatever, this thread is for shit that you know you're going to be wasting money on because there's no way you can justify from any sort of talent or financial return perspective, but, given a moment of weakness and a credit card with sufficient balance, there's a non-zero chance that you'd go down that road of irresponsibility.

Be serious now, this isn't just about posting expensive stuff, but stuff that you don't really need or deserve but you could realistically purchase, let's say, within a year or so.

I'll go first, my singing voice sucks, but I'm a sucker for a sexy dynamic mic and I drool over these. This would be an absolutely pointless purchase for me, but I'd buy it, I would.

Sennheiser MD441U $899 + $36 for mic clip

I've come so close to pulling the trigger on some version of this baby so many times, but I don't really gig anymore and really can't justify something like this for tooling around in my studio.

(...not to mention that my wife knows how much it costs and would literally strangle me)

Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:(...not to mention that my wife knows how much it costs and would literally strangle me)
Given the cost of funerals, you're probably safe... :hihi: Still, quite a classy instrument; you have good taste!
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

ghettosynth wrote:shit that you know you're going to be wasting money on because there's no way you can justify from any sort of talent or financial return perspective, but, given a moment of weakness and a credit card with sufficient balance, there's a non-zero chance that you'd go down that road of irresponsibility.
This pefectly describes me buying my Virus Snow. I'm otherwise 100% ITB guy and I still think it's much more convenient to work with native plugins and frakly my tracks with the Virus don't sound any better than my 100% ITB tracks because I still have a lot to learn about basic production techniques before the difference bewteen Virus and, say, Spire will actually matter anything for my music.

But damn. I have TEH VIRUS :D

The next step is Waldorf Quantum :oops:
Last edited by recursive one on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: The next step is Waldorf Quantum :oops:
Right ?!? Because we all need hardware studios again, amiright? Setting mine back up now.

Oh shit! A hefty raise AND a credit line increase ON THE SAME DAY!

Should I get it, should I?

Audient SP880 ($1400):

I have absolutely no need for it. I have an Octopre Dynamic already, but a large part of me really wants this to accompany by RME Babyface Pro.

Dave Smith Prophet Rev 2... $1999...

masterhiggins wrote:Audient SP880 ($1400):

I have absolutely no need for it. I have an Octopre Dynamic already, but a large part of me really wants this to accompany by RME Babyface Pro.
Excellent choice! That would go great with my microphone. Bonus, it makes the mic seem cheap(ish) by comparison!

ror.png
Expressiv MIDI Pro Guitar €1,986
Horizantal_1024x1024 sm.png
So sexy. So beyond my skill level. So grounds for divorce.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

EdSevered wrote:
ror.png
Expressiv MIDI Pro Guitar €1,986
Horizantal_1024x1024 sm.png
So sexy. So beyond my skill level. So grounds for divorce.
In the good old days of black rack mounted instruments all you had to do was get it into the studio without her seeing it.

But, yeah, she'll notice something shiny like that. Best double that budget so you can think about diamond something or other at the same time.

Recently it started with Waldorf Quantum. "Wave tables what's this about?"--Somebody says: Ipad with Nave--"oh I do not have an Ipad"--Now available as VST--"Hmmm"--Somebody says: IL Harmor can do wavetables. "Whoa I will have a go with the demo." Nice however my old PC with XP starts to fall over running Harmor.

Then Novation announce the Peak and it has wavetables. I like the sound of that.

Well I have a Novation KS4. I tend to only use it as a midi controller for other gear. No doubt the new Peak can impress me more than the KS4 however I wonder if my programming skills can do it justice. Could I make it sound better than the KS4?

The KS4 to my mind is a pretty deep synth with most of the parameters that the Peak has. I have now had another play with the KS4 as a synth. Granted not as much modulation sources/destinations and other things however it is 4 part multitimbral. I certainly have not mastered everything it can do. I have not mastered everything that all my other gear can do either.

That Quantum though...well I love the idea of granular. I like to sprinkle a bit of Kaos Pad 3 granular over some of my stuff. I have not even looked into what the resonator stuff is all about on the Quantum.

So yeah, no way can I justify getting either on rational grounds. They are a nice to have rather than a need.

Have fun.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”