Zero-G Phaedra - Is it worth $120?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tatanka wrote:Hi Blackwinny,

what do you mean exactly with
it can be used even without any need of Kontakt player (for those who don't like at all Kontakt, it is the case of some musicians) because it now features its own plugin.
, has it is own player engine or is it vst format ? This would be a big argument for me cause my daw racks are usually crowded with kontakt :lol: ..
It comes with Kontakt Player 2. Or even Kompakt Player. Not sure.

HunterKiller wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:- incredibly beautiful violins

- lyric voices

- and the ethereal voice products for Ambient
BW could you list which of their products you use for these sounds?
Myself? Ok, here it is:

(note: to the violins I'll add the flutes and the cellos, for me these three instruments merit to be used very often together)

Here are my Zero-G products which are focused on the violins, the cellos, the flutes, and the lyrics and ethereal voices (meaning almost all the products I have from them, I'll not tell here about some of the "synth samples" that I have also):
With my Vocaloid 4 I use also (... but I'm not yet really satisfied of Vocaloid): It has of course needed several years to gather all this collection. And I must say that here at home we are two musicians, not only me but also my wife, so we purchase together... and with of course two accounts (but under the same roof).

And I work (while now retired from my profession in science of biology) for a producer of DVD's on subjects of nature and sciences of the nature. But the music is not my profession.

I don't have yet purchased this other product below but it is planned for the end of the year: I'm going to make also (in my next post) a list of what I use in the catalog of another producer, Precision Sound, which is awesome.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Thanks a lot mate. That's some effort you put into that reply. Thumbs up! :hug:

So which intstrument of theirs do you recommend for ethereal voices. I am looking for something that can do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeSX83QtPUI

and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5ALzIUKoA

and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWKcYxPAhTI
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

At Precision Sound:

Already purchased: (I have also all their complex organs-synths, and many of their traditional plucked strings instruments)

Scheduled for next days and weeks (and months if expensive): (I have not mentioned the plucked string instruments, zithers, santoor, mandolines, etc., especially this Alpine Zither and listen to the splendid demo named Alpine which is made with the angelic vocal pads (in my list above) in background)
https://soundcloud.com/precisionsoundware/alpine

And until 18 May you get 50% off on all sample libraries. The discount is calculated at checkout without any need of a code (this 50% off discount is of course not combined with the other current discounts)

They miss a little collection of bowed strings instruments... but this catalog is bar far my favorite for all the traditional instruments, for all the ethereal voices (remember Enya's style) recorded by three Swedish singers who not only are pretty but also have a really wonderful voice, and the old organs-synths (there is even the famous Eminent Solina P275 Series 9, the Farfisa Melanie deLuxe, the Harald Bode's Hohner Multimonica II, the Roland Ace Tone ACE 3000, the the Roland CR-8000 drum machine from 1964, the Technics SX-U90S, and the Yamaha Electone D-85, I have them all).

Used in combination with the samples of string, flutes voices and ethnic instruments (and voices again) from Zero-G, this collection made by the Swedish company Precision Sound is a path to the Heaven!
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

HunterKiller wrote:Thanks a lot mate. That's some effort you put into that reply. Thumbs up! :hug:

So which intstrument of theirs do you recommend for ethereal voices. I am looking for something that can do this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeSX83QtPUI

and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za5ALzIUKoA

and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWKcYxPAhTI
It is PRECISELY my style of music!!! You couldn't find better coincidence!
(I'm Franco-Chinese amateur Ambient musician from a family of Chinese amateur musicians, currently composing for a DVD collection as I wrote in a post above)

I can reply you without the least hesitation:
:arrow: For the feminine pads of these three videos: the collection of Angelical Vocal Pads at Precision Sound!

Listen to the demos: With a good discrete reverb on any of these 6 samplesets above you'll get EXACTLY these voice pads!!!

If not having used this code before at Zero-G:

FIRSTORDER

You can use it to take $20 off Phaedra getting it for just $50 :)

About the question "full Kontakt Image required" vs "compatible Kontakt Player" the answer will be very short:
  • At Zero-G, only 2 (TWO! NOT MORE!) products are compatible with the single Kontakt Player. TWO! That's all. And these only two products which are compatible with the Kontakt Player are precisely PHAEDRA and EPICA.

Currently the total of products is exactly 245.

105 of them are compatible with Kontakt full edition.

But only 2 are compatible with Kontakt Player!

102 products feature WAV files.

154 products feature Acidized WAV files.

94 products feature Rex slices.

Etc. (see the left column by browsing by format).

In my opinion, almost all their products have an excellent audio quality.

But I'm like many musicians... I like to compose myself instead of using loops. And what I regret is the huge hegemony of loops in their catalogs (at Precision Sound there are no loops at all, everything is instruments sampled note-by-note and mapped in several formats but leaving the musician compose everything himself downto the smallest details). But there are many wonderful very short loops in the products that I have mentioned in the catalog of Zero-G, loops which are so small (especially in these genres which are the Classical music, the cinematic music and the Indian music in their catalog) that they can be used everywhere even when making a real work of composition and not only a patchwork of loops as we can see nowadays in many "compositions" of the "house" music.

I really would like Zero-G to make a way more great number of real samplesets of instruments which were not featured by loops but by samples made note-by-note throughout all the tessitura of the instrument like we have in the catalogs of Precision Sound, Embertone, FluffyAudio, Auddict, Soundiron, CineSamples, Impact Soundworks, Digital Sound Factory...

The only products I really use from Zero-G are those I have mentioned. Because it is my style of music and because when they feature loops it is only very short loops. The instruments sampled and sold by many of these companies are sampled in a very good quality (it is really the case at Zero-G)... but too often offered by loops instead of note-by-note samples. Fortunately Zero-G provide much more collections of very short loops (so that we can really compose) than collections of long loops as done by other brands for the "house/garage/trance and so on" musics and all these genres... and which are much more aimed at simply doing kinds of psychedelic "patchworks" which have of "composition" only the name. Sorry, but I do a huge difference between a composer and a DJ. Compose music with Sylenth, why not (this, it is a true synth, yes), but claim to "compose music" by simply using loops... I don't name that "to compose", I name that to "align loops". But it's only my opinion (and I share it, thank you). Image
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:37 am, edited 3 times in total.

Hey, BlackWinny...I want to thank you for all of the detailed info you've given in this thread.

I haven't pulled the trigger on Phaedra yet, but it looks like I'll be able to get it for about $50.

In the meantime, I was able to get Epica at Time+Space for $78 so I got that first. I think it's very nicely done.

:tu:

Can you use it as a real Kontakt 5.7 Instrument ?Will it work or be read by Komplete Kontrol? NKS format? Tired of using the Kontakt File Selection. No answers from N.I., so really would love to know before I purchase it. The above listings are very much interesting and appreciated!

Phaedra is not a NI product so you won't get answers from NI about it.

It's a pretty old library, I think it's still Kontakt Player now - but no NKS support.

Return to “Instruments”