Biggest Guitar FX Package???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's what I'm looking for. This should cut down greatly on the number of replies.

If you recall, back in the 60s, 70s and 80s, there were literally hundreds of those small FX boxes made. Typical size was about 3 inches wide by about 4 inches tall. They came in an assortment of colors from blue to red to yellow and just about everything in between. You had fuzz boxes, phasers, wahs and tons of special FX boxes that defy description. Companies from MXR (I had their distortion +) to Boss to Ibanez to, well, you know. On and on and on.

If you bought everything available through the years, you could easily spend 10 grand if not more.

I currently have Guitar Rig 5. But in comparison to what's out there in the physical world, or was out there, it's a sparse collection of FX.

So, is there a guitar FX package (I am not looking for individual units) that have a good 100 to 200 stomp boxes minimum. 70s and 80s emulations especially welcome.

Does such a thing exist or is Guitar Rig as good as it gets?

Please don't recommend...

1) Individual units

2) Collections with fewer FX than Guitar Rig

If what I'm looking for doesn't exist, a simple no will suffice and I'll lock the thread.

Thanks in advance.

I don't think there is any such thing, not with 200 stomp boxes. Your best bet may be Amplitube, especially with all the extras. Very pricey, though.
Or there's the PlugAndMix VIP bundle?

AmpliTube MAX has 88 stomp effects + 6 rack units that can be used as stomp effects (5 from AT and the Fender 1 Pitch Shift)

Add the Fulltone Collection if you want two more rack units to use as stomps:

Fulltone Collection's OCD stomp is included in AmpliTube MAX but adds two rack units that can be used as stomps (the really nice and lush TERC chorus and the excellent SSTE tape echo)

With AmpliTube MAX Upgrade (you have MODO BASS which would qualify) on sale for another few days + Fulltone Collection that would give you 96 effects at under $3 each.

Edit - if you had enough JamPoints, that could be brought down another $85. If I recall, you have at least MODO BASS and may still have your bonus/welcome JamPoints so you have at least 17 which would knock $17 off your total.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:AmpliTube MAX has 88 stomp effects + 6 rack units that can be used as stomp effects (5 from AT and the Fender 1 Pitch Shift)

Add the Fulltone Collection if you want two more rack units to use as stomps:

Fulltone Collection's OCD stomp is included in AmpliTube MAX but adds two rack units that can be used as stomps (the really nice and lush TERC chorus and the excellent SSTE tape echo)

With AmpliTube MAX Upgrade (you have MODO BASS which would qualify) on sale for another few days + Fulltone Collection that would give you 96 effects at under $3 each.

Edit - if you had enough JamPoints, that could be brought down another $85. If I recall, you have at least MODO BASS and may still have your bonus/welcome JamPoints so you have at least 17 which would knock $17 off your total.
Thanks Peter. I'll give this some thought.

Wags, your requirements do exist . . . as hardware multi-efx boxes. My cheap little rp360 has 85 EFX plus Lexicon-based reverbs that just sound terrific

as software : PodFarm platinum has 97 stompboxes of which 10 can be active at the same time

best of luck !
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

Bias FX has a lot too
https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/ ... duct-Chart

Not as many as you're looking for. I don't think anything has that many.

By the way - they're called "stomp boxes" :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Okay, I have decided to go with Amplitube but I'm a little confused about what to get and install.

When I purchased MODO Bass, I also got a bunch of other stuff in my user's area thatseems to be just demos but I'm not sure.

Two of these are the following:

AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop
AmpliTube Custom Shop

If I get Amplitube Max, do I still have to download and install either of these or can I just disregard them and install Amplitude Max?

Thanks for the clarification.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I have decided to go with Amplitube but I'm a little confused about what to get and install.

When I purchased MODO Bass, I also got a bunch of other stuff in my user's area thatseems to be just demos but I'm not sure.

Two of these are the following:

AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop
AmpliTube Custom Shop

If I get Amplitube Max, do I still have to download and install either of these or can I just disregard them and install Amplitude Max?

Thanks for the clarification.
Custom Shop is the mechanism through which you buy/demo additional amps etc. It will be installed when you install Amplitube. T-Racks uses it too.
Just get the Amplitube pack you want. Use CS to add new models as they are released in the future.
By the by, iirc, the license manager should be run in Administrator mode.

Also, Amplitube is on v4 now.

Googly Smythe wrote:Also, Amplitube is on v4 now.
Okay, so do I have to install Amplitube 4 before I get and install Amplitube Max or does getting Amplitube Max take care of the Amplitube 4 installation on its own?

wagtunes wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:Also, Amplitube is on v4 now.
... does getting Amplitube Max take care of the Amplitube 4 installation on its own?
Yes, every new purchase is Amplitube 4 now.

You can install AmpliTube 4 from your IK User Area. After you've installed AmpliTube 4 and authorized your serial using Authorization Manager, my preferred method to get everything that I've got registered (literally everything in my case, obviously) is to open the Custom Shop application (in Start Menu on Windows, Applications folder on Mac) then go to Gear --> Restore My Gear in the AmpliTube section there and voila - everything will be available to you once that runs.

Also, there's an installation and authorization PDF that is in the installer zip/dmg if you'd prefer to follow that.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:You can install AmpliTube 4 from your IK User Area. After you've installed AmpliTube 4 and authorized your serial using Authorization Manager, my preferred method to get everything that I've got registered (literally everything in my case, obviously) is to open the Custom Shop application (in Start Menu on Windows, Applications folder on Mac) then go to Gear --> Restore My Gear in the AmpliTube section there and voila - everything will be available to you once that runs.

Also, there's an installation and authorization PDF that is in the installer zip/dmg if you'd prefer to follow that.
Thanks Peter. I guess what I'm trying to clarify (sorry, I can be really dense at times) is this. When I purchase Amplitude Max and download and install THAT product, does the act of doing that also install Amplitude 4 or is that a separate installation? If it is a separate installation, do I have to install Amplitude 4 before I install Amplitude Max? Also, is the installation of Custom Shop a separate installation? If so, do I install that after I install Amplitude 4?

I just don't want to do this in some kind of wrong order or forget a step where the end result is things don't work right.

wagtunes wrote:Thanks Peter. I guess what I'm trying to clarify (sorry, I can be really dense at times) is this. When I purchase Amplitude Max and download and install THAT product, does the act of doing that also install Amplitude 4 or is that a separate installation? If it is a separate installation, do I have to install Amplitude 4 before I install Amplitude Max? Also, is the installation of Custom Shop a separate installation? If so, do I install that after I install Amplitude 4?

I just don't want to do this in some kind of wrong order or forget a step where the end result is things don't work right.
You can download install the installer that shows under "AmpliTube MAX" in your IK User Area, then authorize with the Authorization Manager using the serial there. That should be all you need to do, but if you run into anything not showing up that you expect, you can do the Gear --> Restore My Gear "fix all" that I suggested.

i don't think there's any point in owning that many boxes though. i mean, how many distortion pedals does one really need? they don't sound that different from one another, unless you start obsessing over miniscule differences that 99% of people won't hear anyway.

that said, Amplitube or TH3 are what you'll want to check out. both have demos, although demo process for Amplitube is way too difficult if you want to try out all of the stompboxes (you'd have to enable demo for each stomp separately).
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Effects”