Roli Lightpad Block mode button not working?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just got a new block and the mode switch on the side (magentaey colored lights) does not change the play mode. I can only change the mode through the Lightpad Block Dashboard beta software now. Anyone else experiencing this?

thanks,

Greg K.

Yes,

Have you found a solution?
What does the mode button do when not using the light pad with noise but via a dashboard program?

TabSel wrote:Yes,

Have you found a solution?
What does the mode button do when not using the light pad with noise but via a dashboard program?
I hope to have this figured out tomorrow. I hope its not a defect. I should know tomorrow though. My mode button doesn't seem to do anything at all.

Figured it out:

If you load a program onto the lightpad block with dashboard, this program determines the function of the mode key (disables mode toggling). And overwrites the factory program with which you CAN step through different modes.

To reset the lightpad to the factory program hold mode key and power cycle the unit with the power button.

Now I only need to figure out how to make the mode key do something with custom dashboard programs...

TabSel wrote:Figured it out:

If you load a program onto the lightpad block with dashboard, this program determines the function of the mode key (disables mode toggling). And overwrites the factory program with which you CAN step through different modes.

To reset the lightpad to the factory program hold mode key and power cycle the unit with the power button.

Now I only need to figure out how to make the mode key do something with custom dashboard programs...
I think you are on to something! I do hope we can eventually program what that buttons functionality is! Or maybe we already can. Still a little uncertain about all this...

Here's the response I got from Roli on it "I wanted to follow up with you regarding the Mode Button functionality of the Lightpad Block. The functionality in changing the grid by using the mode button on your Lightpad Block has been currently disabled with to the release of the BLOCKS Dashboard beta."

well, that's support then... ;)

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”