Next Propellerhead Reason upgrade (9.5) to include VST support

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

What about vst's that support drag n drop?

memyselfandus wrote:What about vst's that support drag n drop?
On reasontalk someone reported midi drag n drop was working fine for them

I don't know how other DAWs handle automation in 2017 but this is just one thing Reason did betterly than other DAWs. But yeah, keep thinking how your DAW is better - no bad feelings!

Beat Magazine headline:

"Der absolute Knaller: VST-Unterstützung in Reason 9.5"

Knaller :hihi:

Ein echtes Knallbonbon. :)

deep'n'dark wrote:I don't know how other DAWs handle automation in 2017 but this is just one thing Reason did betterly than other DAWs.
Ages ago, perhaps. The rest of the DAW world has advanced much faster than Reason did. :)

You obviously didn't see how FL Studio handles automation, then. Better, faster and slicker than pretty much any other DAW now.

EvilDragon wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:I don't know how other DAWs handle automation in 2017 but this is just one thing Reason did betterly than other DAWs.
Ages ago, perhaps. The rest of the DAW world has advanced much faster than Reason did. :)

You obviously didn't see how FL Studio handles automation, then. Better, faster and slicker than pretty much any other DAW now.
I can't be using FL Studio for it's color-bling look. And after VST support in Reason, I can quarantee I'll continue using it. BTW, do you remember when I was over Reaper forum wishing for the ReaXcomp as a RE? Good news, I can get all the Reaplugs for free now. YAYER! :hyper:

deep'n'dark wrote:I can't be using FL Studio for it's color-bling look.
That is a completely different matter that doesn't pertain to how well automation is done in it :)

EvilDragon wrote:When you're recording multiple takes it is extremely annoying having to press stop twice to go back where you've been.
I don't quite understand why you seem to care either way. Your earlier posts said you don't use (and don't care to use) Reason. Or are you interested in trying it again now that they added VST support?
Feel free to call me Brian.

Yeah Reason has some things going good about it, I did try it for a short period of time. I might be interested in trying it again, should they sort some of their annoyances out (not being able to record multiple MIDI channels at once from a single external MIDI input is pretty daft).

EvilDragon wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:I can't be using FL Studio for it's color-bling look.
That is a completely different matter that doesn't pertain to how well automation is done in it :)
Well, Reason does it really well too and before FL so ...

This step was expected. The new backer don't want to throw their money away.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Anybody! have they fixed the darker theme on the Mixer?

To all the VST developers make darn sure you've got a sale going on the day this goes live.

I don't really care to drop studio one for reason. Even though I spent 2 weeks learning how it works before deciding to pass I don't see what I would gain by the switch. Had this been a year earlier I would have bought Reason instead. Now they need to open dedicated forums.

EvilDragon wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Exactly, I would also not like this to happen. I want to be able to edit where the cursor stops, not having it jump to start without me telling it to.
When you're recording multiple takes it is extremely annoying having to press stop twice to go back where you've been.
+1 Return on Stop as an option.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”