VPS vs Synthmaster

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any comparison between these two?

What attributes does one have that the other lacks?

Okay, I'm gonna ask. What the hell is VPS? Never heard of that VST and I have just about everything made.

Avenger.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, I'm gonna ask. What the hell is VPS? Never heard of that VST and I have just about everything made.
Vengeance Producer Suite Avenger. :P

Oh, okay.

Comparison?

To go in depth between the two would take a book. They're both pretty complex but soundwise, they're nothing alike; architectures are vastly different; FX sections are vastly different and on and on.

Both are very capable synths in their own right and I guess, as far as sound goes, can cover relatively the same ground. But Avenger just goes so much deeper than Synthmaster once you get past the basic stuff.

If I could only own one synth and those two were my only choices, it would be Avenger hands down. Don't get me wrong. I love Synthmaster. But you're comparing a $60 synth to a $235 synth and there's a reason why the vast difference in prices.

I've made whole songs with Synthmaster and nothing else. So it's perfectly capable of being your one stop shop. And CPU wise, it's much more efficient than Avenger.

Ultimately, test both and come to your own conclusion. Because everything posted here is just going to be one person's opinion, myself included.

I guess I could've been more specific.

I got Synthmaster but haven't had the chance to use it yet.

I've never really been a fan of Vengeance, except for Nexus, but Avenger looks really useful and flexible.

The arpeggiator looks kinda weird though from what I've seen in demos

Not meaning to derail here, but it could be interesting too to compare Avenger to Falcon. I demoed Avenger quickly but never tried Falcon. would love to know if Falcon is worth it's extra bucks over Avenger.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

S0lo wrote:Not meaning to derail here, but it could be interesting too to compare Avenger to Falcon. I demoed Avenger quickly but never tried Falcon. would love to know if Falcon is worth it's extra bucks over Avenger.
Depends on what functions Falcon has that Avenger doesn't that are important to you. Do you care about Granular synthesis? Do you care about having a more modular design? Do you care about the extra FX that Avenger doesn't have?

I have them both and wouldn't give either of them up. To me, they're not interchangeable. One doesn't replace the other. They sound completely different. Falcon has a cleaner sound that, IMO, requires more working with to get to sound "fat" but also has the potential to do things Avenger just can't do.

S0lo wrote:Not meaning to derail here, but it could be interesting too to compare Avenger to Falcon. I demoed Avenger quickly but never tried Falcon. would love to know if Falcon is worth it's extra bucks over Avenger.
I would love to see perhaps a chart to compare Falcon and Avenger.
Include also Rapid, Serum and Icarus in the comparison?
Asking do a lot! Might be easier to build a bridge for LA to Hawaii if one is familial with this joke.
http://www.berro.com/joke/bridge_to_hawaii.htm

djmino02 wrote:I guess I could've been more specific.

I've never really been a fan of Vengeance, except for Nexus, but Avenger looks really useful and flexible.

Avenger is like Nexus on Steroids since it lets you create your own sounds and so on.

wagtunes wrote:Depends on what functions Falcon has that Avenger doesn't that are important to you. Do you care about Granular synthesis? Do you care about having a more modular design? Do you care about the extra FX that Avenger doesn't have?
Now that your saying it, I think I do care. With the stuff I've got (including Omisphere and Alchemy) may be something more powerful (seemingly) will do good.
wagtunes wrote:I have them both and wouldn't give either of them up. To me, they're not interchangeable. One doesn't replace the other. They sound completely different. Falcon has a cleaner sound that, IMO, requires more working with to get to sound "fat" but also has the potential to do things Avenger just can't do.
I see your point.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Kalamata Kid wrote:
I would love to see perhaps a chart to compare Falcon and Avenger.
Include also Rapid, Serum and Icarus in the comparison?
Asking do a lot! Might be easier to build a bridge for LA to Hawaii if one is familial with this joke.
http://www.berro.com/joke/bridge_to_hawaii.htm
I have Falcon and Synthmaster, but not Avenger.. so I can't do a fair comparison. Bulent did mention a new version will be on the way, (3.0) but that isn't until next year probably. IIRC, he mentioned many things that he wants put in to it. Some of those include many samples, granular capabilities, a new interface, etc.

djmino02 wrote:I guess I could've been more specific.

Spend some time using Synthmaster since you already have it...

I have not tried Avenger, but it might actually just be too much... I appreciate some of the creative tools it offers, but when I hear thousands of single cycle waveforms, that is actually a turn-off for me... I don't really want a synth that has a ton of everything of everything.

i think to wait for new A.N.A 2 and to compare it with Avenger and Serum inside my mix then will decide - price matters but no so much when quality of the sound is what u r after.Cheers :)

djmino02 wrote:Is there any comparison between these two?

What attributes does one have that the other lacks?
I know VPS Avenger has a long list on their website about features that it has, and there is a list on KV331's website for the many features within Synthmaster:
https://www.kv331audio.com/synthmaster.aspx

Return to “Instruments”