Propellerhead Software has been bought

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Numanoid wrote:
eXode wrote:Sure, but fact remains that the deal wasn't known internally (except for founders) till shortly before it was announced publically. VST support have been in development much longer than that.
Too bad they didn't implent it before then, maybe they would not have to be bought up
OOOOOOO!!

Zinger of the Day goes to Numanoid!! :party: :party: :party:

AnX wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Music Radar (Future Music/Computer Music) use two words to describe the story

At last!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/propelle ... in-support

Bang goes the Re market :lol:
Not sure he RE "market" was a real striving scene

Actually, I'll probably buy 10x times more RE's now when Reason finally supports VST. Can't wait to load up my old combinator patches and re-work them with my favorite VST's!

And if the VST stuff works fine in Reason then I'll switch back to using Reason as my primary DAW again! :love:

Congratulations to Propellerheads - you finally made the right decision!! :clap:

chk071 wrote:Frankly, i'd be damned if it wasn't one of the requirements, when the new owners took over. Of course noone will admit that now.
Who the heck knows?......maybe introducing VST implementation after Verdane comes aboard makes Propellerhead look better when crashes bugs etc occur in the future. Just blame it all on Verdane. :)

Sailor16 wrote:Actually, I'll probably buy 10x times more RE's now when Reason finally supports VST. Can't wait to load up my old combinator patches and re-work them with my favorite VST's!

And if the VST stuff works fine in Reason then I'll switch back to using Reason as my primary DAW again! :love:

Congratulations to Propellerheads - you finally made the right decision!! :clap:
I agree. Especially those that really work well in a modular context.

Rack Extensions started out really expensive, but have come down in price

Just the other week, users could buy Re-Strings RE for $40

It comes with same amount of sample sets as the VST, which costs £80 to buy from gForce

Steinberg for a long time had the title of Cubase as "Cubase VST" to show it could handle virtual studio technology.

Props can now do the same and call Reason: "Reason VST"

kmonkey wrote:Ok to all these stoned short sighted fanboys which tried to convince me how PDC in Modular Reason nature is impossible because Reason is modular and superior whatever and that PDC will consume CPU cycles and to all less gifted which then split hairs and added other variables in talk - when i was trying to tell you that something like this is PERFECTLY possible for years in VST and that Reason should be capable of doing it and that there is no reason that they don't -

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason-95

Read their FAQ

How does the delay compensation work?
Some effects in a signal chain will introduce delay in the timing. With the delay compensation on, Reason will calculate the total delay in each signal path and adjust the timing of each discrete signal path accordingly, to assure perfectly timed, phase correct playback. The adjustment is automatic but can also be set manually for each mixer channel.

Only thing where i was wrong is when i said that they will want to charge you for this...update is . Now when they got financial injection it was about the f*** time.

Ok case closed. At least one win over stoned people. One...

LOL
Too soon.

Just let it go.
Give it some viking funeral, and just release...
ImageImageImageImage

Numanoid wrote:Steinberg for a long time had the title of Cubase as "Cubase VST" to show it could handle virtual studio technology.

I'm sure Steinberg owns the trademark for VST.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Steinberg for a long time had the title of Cubase as "Cubase VST" to show it could handle virtual studio technology.

I'm sure Steinberg owns the trademark for VST.
You know, it was an attempt at a joke.

To illustrate how late Props are to the VST game.

But it didn't carry through, I will get my coat :oops: :(

Ableguy1 wrote:
AnX wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Music Radar (Future Music/Computer Music) use two words to describe the story

At last!

Well, quite a few devs have spent a lot of time, effort and money pandering to the pathetic props... seems like its wasted now they decided to try and play catch up and allow vsts.

AnX wrote:
Ableguy1 wrote:
AnX wrote:

At last!

Well, quite a few devs have spent a lot of time, effort and money pandering to the pathetic props... seems like its wasted now they decided to try and play catch up and allow vsts.
Not sure why it would be wasted?

I don't think it has to be an either/or situation. From the other end of the perspective it might just as well make more people discover the RE format. As a Reason user, I'm not bothered by the no resale policy of REs, and I find the one-click sync and management of REs/licences VERY convenient. Not to forget the way REs fit within the whole Reason rack paradigm of course. The RE platform is not perfect, but I'm confident that it will continue to improve.

I know that I'll continue to use REs, but now I'll also have the amazing opportunity to use VSTs as well.

Complementing rather than competing.

It's all good in my opinion.

AnX wrote:
Ableguy1 wrote:
AnX wrote:

At last!

I'd agree the whole "Rack Extensions" was a waste of literally everyone's time, but I think most people familiar with the plug-in world knew that the day they were announced. I sure did. I knew it would tank like the Titanic. And it did. Tanked hard. There's really not one top-tier plug-in developer left making RE's. Korg and Izotope were done after the first one they made.

eXode wrote:
AnX wrote:
Ableguy1 wrote:
AnX wrote:

At last!

Not sure why it would be wasted?

I don't think it has to be an either/or situation. From the other end of the perspective it might just as well make more people discover the RE format. As a Reason user, I'm not bothered by the no resale policy of REs, and I find the one-click sync and management of REs/licences VERY convenient. Not to forget the way REs fit within the whole Reason rack paradigm of course. The RE platform is not perfect, but I'm confident that it will continue to improve.

I know that I'll continue to use REs, but now I'll also have the amazing opportunity to use VSTs as well.

Complementing rather than competing.

It's all good in my opinion.
I'd be very surprised if we'd still see any RE's in 2 or 3 years. Maybe a few from the RE-exclusive developers. Apart from that, i can't really see it. And i'm pretty sure PH were aware of that.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”