What music player (software) do you use?

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Curious what people are using as I don't have anything installed right now.

foobar2000

PTV wrote:foobar2000
Same here. Sometimes i try Groove Music in Windows 10 too, but, there's a few niggles. E.g., today it didn't refresh the media library, so i couldn't play some newly bought stuff...

Foobar2000 for general listening, since it supports ASIO, surround and other nice stuff.

Resonic Pro for more specific sample/sound listening, also supports surround, is super fast and has some nifty functions...
And that supersmooth frequency analyser is just wonderful to look at :-)

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

So fubar is still quite a go to these days. I am not fond of the little alien icon on all of my mp3 amd wav files in explorer thoough. Rather ugly.

TBH, foobar's default skin and themes look crappy too. But, most browsers only let you browse your music based on tags, and, if your music isn't peroperly tagged, you have a problem, that's why i like foobar's browse by folder stuff, and, it's lightning fast when it comes to refreshing the media library, it's light on ressources, it has an EQ, and is quite easy to use. I think i'd rather use something like iTunes though, if it had library refreshing (big bummer), and let your browse music by folder. Maybe i'll take a look at media Monkey, wanted to check that out anyway. I remember it had a few things i wasn't too fond of too though.

VLC Media Player

foobar because of the Library Viewer Selection, Tagging scripts, Replay Gain tagging, customisable "copy now playing". And sundry plug-ins.

MPC-HC for random stuff when I just want to listen to a file I don't want under foobar's control or to disrupt my planned listening. Also what I use if I pop physical media into my physical media reading device. I forget what they're called...

On Windows the Resonic Pro is a game changer imo.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Still using the Windows Media Player. :shrug:

Aimp x2 - Desktop and Android mobile.

No_Use wrote:AIMP
Thanks. It's everything I was looking for :)

OreoSplitter wrote:Curious what people are using as I don't have anything installed right now.
Winamp forever.

OreoSplitter wrote:
No_Use wrote:AIMP
Thanks. It's everything I was looking for :)
You're welcome.

Btw, initially I came to AIMP looking for a player similar in size and functionality to Winamp.
AIMP 3 filled this with its default skin which was removed for AIMP 4 though afaik.
So if you're looking for a 'compact' skin check out the default 3 skin for 4 here, which I'm currently using:

http://www.aimp.ru/index.php?do=catalog&rec_id=720

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”