Who are the Developer Gods?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

He knows:

"It dreamed itself along"

I know I'm talking more hardware here, but I've often thought Axel Hartmann seems to have had a hand designed just about every hardware synth that hits the market these days. Kinda weirdly so.

My Gods are still (in no particular order) Don Buchla, Dave Smith, Bob Moog, Bernie Hutchins, Doug Curtis, Dave Rossum etc etc as Most of the stuff they came up with is still what everyone is doing today.

As for software, I think you've already mention the few that would qualify. but I'm sure there are some unsung hero's out there many people have never heard of as well. For example how about Gilad Keren and Meir Shaashua? (Waves)
Those guys did quite a lot of big stuff back in the 90's! First Audio Plugin ever!
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Numanoid wrote:
foosnark wrote:I think you're taking my post a little more seriously than it was intended.
This was not intended as a joke thread. In case I would have opened it in Off Topics.

"Game Gods" is just a temp expression I used to try and illustrate what I meant by "Developer Gods".

The meaning seems to have gone everybodies head, or flown under their radar.
Every thread is a joke thread. And I understood your meaning just fine.

mellotronaut wrote:He knows
You reckon vst plugins came from the stars? :D

Numanoid wrote:
mellotronaut wrote:He knows
You reckon vst plugins came from the stars? :D
from star-devs :party:
"It dreamed itself along"

There's an artificial world the size of a small moon. It's called the Dev Star.

Urs wrote:There's an artificial world the size of a small moon. It's called the Dev Star.
I see the general level of wit hasn't improved in my absence. I'll knock you a point off for that attempt, but you can have one back for looking a bit like Jarvis Cocker in this picture I saw;

Eric Clapton

There actually are Microsoft Champions & Java Rockstars in IT. These people are chosen by the community based on what they contribute. Organising stuff, posting articles, giving speeches, sharing code.

There's just one I know of: Julian Storer (Juce) talks about refactoring zlib.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAAvv1O7Gg
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

AnX wrote:Eric Clapton
Can't imagine how long it would have take old slowhand to code some plug ins. :lol:

Taylor Wimpey.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”