Next Propellerhead Reason upgrade (9.5) to include VST support

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

Time signatures in Reason has always been very well thought out. I love how you can use multiple time signatures on multiple tracks using blocks! You can make all sorts of arrangements in each block with whatever time signature and paint them in the sequencer view. You just print blocks to track or whatever the option is called. Incredibly flexible and amazing.

eXode wrote:
kmonkey wrote:Can anyone of Reason people recall what Reason version was bundled with Line 6 Tone Direct console?

I have one in another facility and i keep recalling there was some Reason package inside. Is it worth it to upgrade from? Maybe it was Record or something...back then,..
It might have been something called Reason Limited.
THX you are right. This is "smallest" version. Probably not worth to upgrade. I think i'll better just buy it from someone here.

THX anyway

just curious, how will multi-timbral instruments work... i.e. kontakt, omnisphere, play, sampletank, halion sonic, etc... are you going to need a new instant for every patch?

memyselfandus wrote:Time signatures in Reason has always been very well thought out.
Except it doesn't support some interesting time signatures like 21/16... anything above 16/16 is not supported. :P

I know :hihi: I tried 17/16 yesterday and it didn't work. They might as well add it. Reaper is king with this stuff.

People betatesting 9.5 can you say/confirm this:

What about VST instruments which can send midi out data like sequencers etc. Can you use these as vst instruments inside Reason and send midi out to Reason devices or other VST instrument devices?

Fingers crossed :)

kmonkey wrote:Can you use these as vst instruments inside Reason and send midi out to Reason devices or other VST instrument devices?
Mattias said that's not planned for the 9.5 release.
Anosou wrote:
loungepanda wrote:Including MIDI effects? Would love to be able to use Cthulhu.
We don't support VST MIDI effects in the first release. Sorry!
Feel free to call me Brian.

kmonkey wrote:People betatesting 9.5 can you say/confirm this:

What about VST instruments which can send midi out data like sequencers etc. Can you use these as vst instruments inside Reason and send midi out to Reason devices or other VST instrument devices?

Fingers crossed :)
from earlier in thread:
ezelkow1 wrote:
chk071 wrote:It's tempting. There's a couple of things missing, but, if you can just load your VST arpeggiator, for example, those things are easily made accessible. Question is just if i need it, hehe.
Matthias (or one of the props) did say on rtalk that vst midi effects will not be supported in the first go around on this

So id temper any expectations on midi routing between vsts and such. It does seem like at least there is support for multi-audio in/out, and midi/cv in to vsts though

can drop MIDI things into some VST wrapper like MUX, BlueCat Patchwork etc. so it stops nobody, but my question is

has anybody tried this
http://retouchcontrol.com/pusher/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji6Pyr-kjkQ

don't really want to throw out 30 bucks out of the window ...

there is also Push2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4yrHPxtUDk
but I've got only the v1 model
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Ableguy1 wrote:No really...

how has this "Incubus" asshole not been banned yet????

Read his history = all he does is argue with people
Which sock puppet are you?

n/m good riddance
Last edited by Numanoid on Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

taken care of
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

xbitz wrote:there is also Push2
ooh that looks good, I always miss the Push when I move away from Live, so this (and the VSTs) could really tempt me back to playing with Reason.

machinesworking wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: It was making me laugh yesterday, they just add VST and PDC which are both huge, then suddenly this clamour of the dissatisfied for VST in rewire mode, freeze etc. Let's just get VST first and make sure it works well. Rewire is old tech that maybe needs some more fundamental changes than just hosting VST anyway to make it more usable (never use it myself, too clunky).
I mostly agree, but Propellerheads invented ReWire, they should be able to do what other DAWs can and host VST in slave mode.
Possibly, but I just think they need to prioritise getting VSTs properly working and stable first and ensure PDC is working fully. If they can update Rewire that's great but it doesn't sound like a trivial task to get VST support incorporated in slave mode and if they do then it would make sense to do that once the core features are sorted and they can focus on improving Rewire as a whole.

I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, so I'll ask. Anyone know if Reason 9.5 will also have a freeze function? Some of these harder on the CPU plugs are going to make things very interesting without it.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”