Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

This is bargain already, but would there be any discounts for the owners of The Glue/Drop?

Smashed it! Sound’s great, bought it. Nice one Andy!

Using the demo “LP_Cap & OpAmp_Slew” are producing pop’s & clicks every time you change to another parameter in the MODS drop down lists. LP_Cap being the worst offender. Does it in AU & vst at initial change, under MODS section.
Tested on osx 10.11.6 & 10.10.5 in Reaper 5.40

There no downloads for Scream yet when you purchase (obviously people will just authorize the demo, but still worth mentioning)

Couple this with the DROP and it’s F***ing nuts, really enjoying it!

Damn, bought before seeing that the WIN version wasn't yet online. Oh well, would have bought it anyway... *waits VERY patiently*

Looks and sounds good. I'm looking forward to picking it up and testing it. I hope it sell well and you continue to do more guitar pedals. I like this approach to mods and as a guitarist I feel we need more of these types of plugins. Luckily for you most guitarist love to spend money on gear, so I think if word gets around this will sell well.

<Outer-Bounds> wrote:Smashed it! Sound’s great, bought it. Nice one Andy!

Using the demo “LP_Cap & OpAmp_Slew” are producing pop’s & clicks every time you change to another parameter in the MODS drop down lists. LP_Cap being the worst offender. Does it in AU & vst at initial change, under MODS section.

There no downloads for Scream yet when you purchase (obviously people will just authorize the demo, but still worth mentioning)

Thanks for your support!

Hard jumping between two capacitors does click, there is no smoothing when changing component values likes this, it is not a smooth operation. The TS9 DX has big pops and clicks when you change modes as well, this is just the nature of the beast when swapping component values. Down the line if people have enough cpu to burn and there is enough demand I could add continuous morphing between two sets of component values - this sort of thing is impossible to do with hardware, so it would be cool to make possible with this sort of detailed analog modelling.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

ariston wrote:Damn, bought before seeing that the WIN version wasn't yet online. Oh well, would have bought it anyway... *waits VERY patiently*
haha me too

MFXxx wrote:Happy to pass you my money, jsut waiting on the windows build :) whenever you're ready of course.
Amen to that.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

andy-cytomic wrote:
<Outer-Bounds> wrote:Smashed it! Sound’s great, bought it. Nice one Andy!

Thanks for your support!

Hard jumping between two capacitors does click, there is no smoothing when changing component values likes this, it is not a smooth operation. The TS9 DX has big pops and clicks when you change modes as well, this is just the nature of the beast when swapping component values. Down the line if people have enough cpu to burn and there is enough demand I could add continuous morphing between two sets of component values - this sort of thing is impossible to do with hardware, so it would be cool to make possible with this sort of detailed analog modelling.

It’s not a problem for me, just thought I’d mention it.

The sound is just hitting it for me. well done on this one!

Hope you continue on in this line.

This is one of those few plugins I will be buying blind. :)

EDIT: Bought.. now waiting for win version. :D
Last edited by bmanic on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

andy-cytomic wrote:The price is still USD 29 for The Scream and won't be changing. If this product goes well then I'll a bunch of different circuits in the same manner, with full component value editing and also an easier page with combos to select the most important components from lists.
Now this is something to look forward to - an update with more circuits in it.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

MFXxx wrote:Happy to pass you my money, jsut waiting on the windows build :) whenever you're ready of course.
The Win build is up, thanks for waiting :)

I had a weird shutdown bug with the trial version on Win that wasn't happening with the authorised version, so sorry for the delay, all fixed now, but please let me know how it goes on your machine :tu:

Compyfox wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:The price is still USD 29 for The Scream and won't be changing. If this product goes well then I'll a bunch of different circuits in the same manner, with full component value editing and also an easier page with combos to select the most important components from lists.
Now this is something to look forward to - an update with more circuits in it.
Sorry for the confusion, what I meant is I'll do more products - eg I'll do a RAT and a Big Muff Bi etc - each one will be its own product for USD 29.

dl links don't work on my side. also says .dmg for the windows version.

fixed now, at least in the my account section.
Last edited by phdsg vn chfhn on Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I see both mac and win versions in my account but neither file location is found.

EDIT: Fixed! Now file download works.
Last edited by bmanic on Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

andy-cytomic wrote:
The Win build is up, thanks for waiting :)

I had a weird shutdown bug with the trial version on Win that wasn't happening with the authorised version, so sorry for the delay, all fixed now, but please let me know how it goes on your machine :tu:
"The requested page could not be found. :ud: :cry:

Return to “Effects”