Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reason 12

there is a "bounce in place" function.
"It dreamed itself along"

aMUSEd wrote:
machinesworking wrote:
aMUSEd wrote: It was making me laugh yesterday, they just add VST and PDC which are both huge, then suddenly this clamour of the dissatisfied for VST in rewire mode, freeze etc. Let's just get VST first and make sure it works well. Rewire is old tech that maybe needs some more fundamental changes than just hosting VST anyway to make it more usable (never use it myself, too clunky).
I mostly agree, but Propellerheads invented ReWire, they should be able to do what other DAWs can and host VST in slave mode.
Possibly, but I just think they need to prioritise getting VSTs properly working and stable first and ensure PDC is working fully. If they can update Rewire that's great but it doesn't sound like a trivial task to get VST support incorporated in slave mode and if they do then it would make sense to do that once the core features are sorted and they can focus on improving Rewire as a whole.
I hear you, but according to developers I chatted with ReWire doesn't need any rewriting to host VSTs in slave mode, I really don't know why some developers choose to disable VSTs in slave mode? It's disheartening that Propellerheads have also gone this route. I suppose you might be on to something in that maybe some DAWs have issues with ReWire and VSTs in Slave mode, and maybe Reason has the same issues, so a rewrite of ReWire would be necessary.

..and that's where I give up hope, we all know the least developed part of any DAW or software companies products are those that are free and/or are already there to some degree. Don't like a DAWs current PDC handling? tough luck on getting improvements on it because they're busy selling new customers on MPE for the next paid upgrade.

ReWire is free, expecting that now with Reason selling itself as a full DAW ReWire will get improvements that make it easier than ever etc. to route and sync two DAWs, i.e. the now direct competition to Reason....

No midi effects means that MIDI Guitar from Jamorigin won't work then?

http://www.jamorigin.com

If JO has an internal 'midi out' dialogue,
it will work.
The effect will receive audio(possibly multitrack),
then use internal midi out dialogue to route to a virtual port like loopMIDI

Great news!

Actually- I'm sorry mm&u
--it looks like the if is valid.
I was just tooling around in 2.2.1 in eXT,
and- it doesn't have a 'MIDI Out Dialogue'

So what we have to do is load a VSTi or fx that does in the MG VSTfx I think.
I can make a small utility, but it will have to be bridged unless I hack around in SE.

I have signed up for the 9.5 beta, not sure what the nda stipulates,
but I will try it. If you have the beta, give it a shot and let me know how you go.
Worst case- I will get the 9.5 in a month and make the utility as best I can.

Sorry for the false hope, but we will figure something out IMO(because MG hosts VST)

mmm - oh and another place where it might fail is that since it has a MIDI pin- do all of the VSTeffects that do,- not load? hmm

nix808 wrote:
I have signed up for the 9.5 beta, not sure what the nda stipulates,
There's no NDA, they just ask people not to discuss it outside the forum, in the email.

Like I said (before the sockpuppet)

It's not on my list of needs. I'd much rather have real-world workflow improvements than this. But I'm not overly against it. Bring it, at least they are developing ;)

Finally a reason to buy Reason. Maybe they would win the market if they offered it 15 years ago :hihi:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Finally a reason to buy Reason. Maybe they would win the market if they offered it 15 years ago :hihi:
I think those who are starting out now, should consider it too. 8)

deep'n'dark wrote:
DJ Warmonger wrote:Finally a reason to buy Reason. Maybe they would win the market if they offered it 15 years ago :hihi:
Reason is a great starter DAW. It's definitely not a toy and the inclusion of VSTs makes this extra awesome. I wonder how the PDC is with VSTs though?
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
deep'n'dark wrote:
Reason is a great starter DAW. It's definitely not a toy and the inclusion of VSTs makes this extra awesome. I wonder how the PDC is with VSTs though?
I am testing it, but I think I can't tell anything yet.

Did a search and couldn't find it mentioned, are Waves plugins to be supported natively, or will they need a vst wrapper eg metaplugin?

heks wrote:Did a search and couldn't find it mentioned, are Waves plugins to be supported natively, or will they need a vst wrapper eg metaplugin?
They are being used in the demo video, so I imagine that tells you a lot...

Signed up for the beta 2 days ago - still not heard back

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”