Waldorf Largo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo

Ok, hopefully they will add master volume control at some point in time.

HcDoom wrote:Ok, hopefully they will add master volume control at some point in time.
What's the point anyway? There's volume control per layer and there's the volume control on the track in your DAW. :D

Track volume is the one I have to reach for first with all VSTis anyway, because the presets are just too loud for my taste - when you're gain staging properly and master control volume is of no use because it is part of a preset. What every VST synth should actually have is master volume control that can be locked, or some kind of a general level control. Gosh I would love that and I love synths that have it.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I like to have it...its practical and probably not hard to add. I read somewhere that this volume near filters doesnt go low in db enough and even you put it on minimum, you can still hear a bit of sound coming through??? Is this true? Also, layer volume knobs should be great, especially if you do some proper sound design, this thing is necessary. Also, bigger GUI wouldnt hurt either.

HcDoom wrote:I read somewhere that this volume near filters doesnt go low in db enough and even you put it on minimum, you can still hear a bit of sound coming through??? Is this true?
That is absolutely NOT true.

HcDoom wrote:I like to have it...its practical and probably not hard to add. I read somewhere that this volume near filters doesnt go low in db enough and even you put it on minimum, you can still hear a bit of sound coming through??? Is this true? Also, layer volume knobs should be great, especially if you do some proper sound design, this thing is necessary. Also, bigger GUI wouldnt hurt either.
no overall volume? that's a very odd omission... why would that be the case?

Your DAW track volume is the overall volume. :D

Does anybody have a working download link for the latest version of Largo (mac) please?

I just bought it and the Waldorf sites download link isn't working. Which sucks!
Last time I contacted Waldorf it took 3 months to get an answer....

Was thinking of buying this as it's on sale, and I've always had some curiosity about it, but I'd have to agree with the poster who felt it sounded thin.

Listening to presets on YT, not hearing really anything great.

You couldn't be more wrong. It's as fat as it can get, in soft synths. ;) The sound doesn't seem to be for everyone though, as far as I've always read here.

punkfest2000 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 pm Was thinking of buying this as it's on sale, and I've always had some curiosity about it, but I'd have to agree with the poster who felt it sounded thin.

Listening to presets on YT, not hearing really anything great.
nothing on youtube does it justice, I found... by all means try the demo for yourself
I started the demo on black friday, opened it a dozen times or so, always a lot of fun both with the keyboard and step-sequencer.
got it yesterday, no regrets, it's a unique palette and the vst is quite well made.

punkfest2000 wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:58 pm Was thinking of buying this as it's on sale, and I've always had some curiosity about it, but I'd have to agree with the poster who felt it sounded thin.
If something sounds thin or not, depends on you. If you want more bass, use the sub oscillator.....

Use 2 or 3 oscillators, and Largo already sounds fuller than many of the gazillion-of-oscillators supersaw synths.

Here's some sound demos which may (or may not) change your opinion about the synth being thin a bit:

https://soundcloud.com/soundsdivine/set ... aves-demos

https://youtu.be/1FWRAf8dvoE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfosO1Y0nds

Last one is for the Blofeld, but, Largo and Blofeld more or less sound the same.

Don't mistake the sound of some of the wavetables for the synth being general "thin". Many wavetables sound thin, digital, cold, whatever synonym you want to use.

Can you install Largo on several computers, if you have them?

I don't see anything on the site about that.

I have it installed on 2 computers (had it installed on 3 computers once), so, yeah, even though i don't know if there's a limit of installations. I think the copy protection once connects to your Waldorf account, and then works offline. At least you have to fill in your email address and serial on the first startup.

There’s nothing cold or thin about Largo. Use some of the standard VA waveforms and it sounds as “fat and warm” as anything out there.

Return to “Instruments”