Harmor and MIDI velocity [Solved]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have just installed the new version of Harmor that sports the vectorial interface with hopes that Image Line has also fixed a problem that I had with the previous version. In the previous version I was not able to get rid of the velocity scaling, i.e. it was not possible to tell Harmor to play each note at the same velocity regardless of the incoming MIDI velocity.

Well, now I have the exact opposite problem: Harmor does not take the MIDI velocity into account anymore and plays each incoming note at the maximum velocity. The velocity is only taken into account if I press the keys on Harmor's onscreen keyboard at different heights. If I press lightly on my physical MIDI keyboard or program some MIDI with different velocities it does not work and each note is played very loud. The "Velocity to Volume" button does nothing in my case.

Does anyone have an idea? Am I overlooking something? Thanks for any help!

Edit: Marked as solved.
Last edited by BlitBit on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

Ok, I have found the solution myself: You have to go to "Env" then select "Volume" in the drop-down then "Velocity mapping" in the drop down next to it. The initial patch will have a straight line at the top. Changing this to a line that goes from the bottom left to the top right brings back sensitivity for MIDI velocity.

Still have no idea what the "vel" button in the bottom left corner of the GUI is intended to do though.
Passed 303 posts. Next stop: 808.

The vel button doesn't work in the VST version.
Makin' Music Great Again 8)

Return to “Instruments”