Cytomic "The Scream" stomp box distortion plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Scream

Compyfox wrote: Then I have one major question:
How many distortion "types" do you consider worthy to be independent plugins?

To me, it's just 3: slight overdrive, General Distortion, Fuzz. Unless we take tube saturation/distortion into consideration as well.
I can't really comment until I listen to them as well as check the schematics.

Compyfox wrote: Didn't even want me to access the root of your page. But it's fixed now - got the beta.

Question though.. how long will it stay in this state? Or is it effectively a "demo" at this point that can save, but not load settings? I've yet to install it (later tonight - still busy with other stuff).
The trial limitations are shown in the dialogue box. If you are happy with the plugin in its current state then you can buy it and use it in your productions without the trial limits.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

ariston wrote:Up and running and everything's fine so far on windows. Holy moly, does it sound sweet. Been putting it on guitar and drums, will go for keys next. I've only touched a few of the mods, but there's a great deal of depth and variation there. Awesome work!

One thing I've noticed is that switching real-time-oversampling to anything higher than 2x will mute either the left or the right speaker. Fug or beature? Not that I'll really use that, but I was curious to find out how my pc could handle 16x (Ableton shows 115%).

Okay, addendum: it doesn't happen all the time. Weird.
Thanks for the report, probably a bug with the oversampler, which has had quite a few changes to it to support minimum and intermediate phase modes. Can you please copy and paste this into an email to support@cytomic.com? Please include exact version numbers of the host and OS as well as 32-bit / 64-bit details.

nordickvr wrote:Hi Andy, just to let you know, it doesn't pass Logic validation.

<Test MIDI
ERROR: -10850 IN CALL MusicDeviceSendMIDI

* * FAIL>
Logic X 10.3.1 OS X 10.11.6
Ok, thanks, probably just something small to fix. I remember changing a setting to do with midi which may have caused this. Can you please pop this in an email to support@cytomic.com ?

phdsg vn chfhn wrote:some minor gui issue in reaper win7 64
switched to the minimal gui and closed the window.
when reopened comes back up in normal state.

edit:
quick question:
what is the purpose of the cpu meter being clickable?
clicking it makes really loud clicky noise spikes.
Clicking on the CPU meter will reset the entire audio engine, so if you adjust a circuit setting and the audio engine goes silent then you can click the undo button then click the cpu meter to get back up and running :tu:

Yeager wrote:Andy knows about it :
andy-cytomic wrote:I just noticed the mac build writes a some load and save debug files to the desktop, I'll post a fix soon to stop that happening :)

Thanks to everyone that's already bought a copy, very much appreciated!

Robert Randolph wrote:I keep getting "The Scream Last Saved Xml.txt" on my desktop when using scream.

macOS 10.12.4. Reaper 5.40.
Please download the v1.0.1 - that should fix this. If it's still happening please let me know.

Thanks everyone for you comments and positive feedback, glad you guys are loving the tone! I'll get back to everyone in more detail soon, but I've got a friends birthday party to go to for the rest of the day, so probably back online either later tonight or tomorrow :party:

I have read a lot of posts in other forums about Tubescreamers and the Boss SD-1. Apparently the schematics are nearly identical. Since Cytomic's The Scream is highly tweakable - does anyone know if it's possible to turn it into an SD-1 emulation?

There are many wildly different fuzz circuits. The Big Muff alone has been made with 5 or 6 different circuits without even counting all the different versions of Little Big Muffs, Metal Muffs, etc.

I'd say the most iconic overdrive/distortion/fuzz pedals of all time include:

Tube Screamer
Big Muff
Fuzz Face
Tychobrahe
Klon
Rat
Guv'nor
DS-1
Tone Bender
Dallas Rangemaster

AnX wrote:For anyone else who couldnt find a link here

https://cytomic.com/#plugins
Ah, cool, I'm very confused.

Late tonight, but will enjoy checking this out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hail:

GrabtharsHammer wrote:I have read a lot of posts in other forums about Tubescreamers and the Boss SD-1. Apparently the schematics are nearly identical. Since Cytomic's The Scream is highly tweakable - does anyone know if it's possible to turn it into an SD-1 emulation?
Theoretically, changing 1 of the diode counts to 2 instead of 1 will do it. I own an Analogman-modded SD-1 that has been converted to a TS-808 circuit and has an added switch to change from Tube Screamer clipping to SD-1 clipping. To be honest, that switch has a more pronounced effect than changing The Scream's diode count to 2.

Ok, two problems ( bitwig, x64, doze)

First, it's WAY too CPU intensive, and second, it crashed closing (sandboxed, not sure how to report)

EDIT: N/M, it doesn't have any characteristic that beats the PA "greenscream" so it's not relevant.

Oh well.......

Well, I have the PA "greenscream".. yeah, they aren't even close. But each to their own. :D

We already knew it'd be CPU intensive. That was the whole reason Andy started the topic to see if there are people willing to trade CPU for a "spot on" super flexible emulation.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Just updated to 1.0.1, but it didn't pass Logic's AU validation. Didn't have that problem with 1.0.0. :-(

Yeah unfortunately doesn't work in Logic at the moment ..But I bought it without even demoing first ;)
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

andy-cytomic wrote:
nordickvr wrote:Hi Andy, just to let you know, it doesn't pass Logic validation...
...Logic X 10.3.1 OS X 10.11.6
Ok, thanks, probably just something small to fix. I remember changing a setting to do with midi which may have caused this. Can you please pop this in an email to support@cytomic.com ?
Sent.

Return to “Effects”