INFUNDIBULUM#1 - a new sample instrument from Sound Dust - with intro offer

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tatanka wrote:This midi-out thing was one of the first things coming to my mind when watching the video cause the included instruments are "special" :D
I like the 'special' quality of Pendle's libraries. The quirkier the better. I do hope he adds more source samples in time in a future update, just more odd stuff.

Mr. Arkadin, not to get missunderstood: I love the sounds too but as I use to mix up "special" (love the atomhub stuff for example) and more conventional sounds for some ambient/soundscape "but still songs" while flying round into the sounds worlds would just be great to let some more conventional (or just other) instruments play the same lines parallel or whatever, just mix it up.

Will have to look into that midi skript (thanks a lot for that tip Zombie Queen) though I am usually dont touch the "inside" of kontakt, if thats not to complicated maybe an option.

I like the three octave idea, thanks.

success and pretty simple - each oscillators arpeggiator has an on/off switch. You can get the thing going how you want using all 3 oscillators then record each individual oscillator/arpeggiator out to midi onto 3 individual tracks by simply "soloing" each arpeggiator in turn. Or you could overdub ontio the same track in 3 passes, using a midi plugin to set the channel each time.

Not as good as being able to set individual channels but close enough

EDIT - turns out it is a little tedious but simple enough to set up a template in Reaper that can use Infundibulum as 3 arpeggiators each with their own instrument that has nothing to do with the infundibilum sounds.
Or mix between them all however you want.

:hail: :hail: :hail: to Zombie Queen and of course to the develloper of this little gem, the "midi catch" worked perfectly :D . And my first skript ever loaded in kontakt :oops: :D

And cause I am just too lazy of recording midi in daw (and often enough just given up cause it did not work as supposed to) I thing I will try this little marvellous gem of lots of other kontakt libs with nice sequncers/arps :D

I love the sounds from INFUNDIBULUM#1 but as I said, I really would like to have some parts easily on other tracks for some sounds from clean/conventional to pad-like stuff, so this works with this gem, I am just :D

One advice: you have to choose the last skript slot, in INFUNDIBULUM#1 this is taken by the RTFM info so I have just saved that, loaded midi catch there and then RTFM in the first slot, then it worked :D

EDIT: mixed it up with Atomhubs eternal light, this is so....please....if someone could someday take me away from my pc...this is just :D :D :D
Last edited by tatanka on Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tatanka wrote::hail: :hail: :hail: to Zombie Queen and of course to the develloper of this little gem, the "midi catch" worked perfectly :D . And my first skript ever loaded in kontakt :oops: :D

And cause I am just too lazy of recording midi in daw (and often enough just given up cause it did not work as supposed to) I thing I will try this little marvellous gem of lots of other kontakt libs with nice sequncers/arps :D

I love the sounds from INFUNDIBULUM#1 but as I said, I really would like to have some parts easily on other tracks for some sounds from clean/conventional to pad-like stuff, so this works with this gem, I am just :D

One advice: you have to choose the last skript slot, in INFUNDIBULUM#1 this is taken by the RTFM info so I have just saved that, loaded midi catch there and then RTFM in the first slot, then it worked :D
does midi catch let you save/export each arp individually?

woggle: no, if you want to do this you can take same way that you described before, turn the parts on and off and then drag to different tracks.

of course would be nice to have that script maybe integrated into the surface for each arp (just a littel "drag" button :hihi: ) but I can understand pendle that he dont want to disturb the magic of all (sounds and three arps) making together.

On the other hand: magic (for me) needs easy access :lol:

Tatanka, can you post vid on how you did it?

tatanka wrote:woggle: no, if you want to do this you can take same way that you described before, turn the parts on and off and then drag to different tracks.

of course would be nice to have that script maybe integrated into the surface for each arp (just a littel "drag" button :hihi: ) but I can understand pendle that he dont want to disturb the magic of all (sounds and three arps) making together.

On the other hand: magic (for me) needs easy access :lol:

thanks - I think my reaper template might be better for me because it allows for three different midi outputs at once. The overhead of running 3 Kontakts is not much at all

Musical gym: sorry, I have nothing to record vid installed acually, but I will try to give short description, maybe that helps:

1) dowload link and some installation info see zombie queen this topic on page before
2) copy the folder with the "midi catch" skript to the place where NI has its scripts, on my pc (win 64) for example it is:
C:\Users\User\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\presets\Scripts
3) when you have loaded INFUNDIBULUM#1 in your daw as kontakt instrument open the edit mode
4) fifth button on the menu page where you get is "script editor", activate this one
5) Now cause INFUNDIBULUM#1 already occupies the last script places and midi catch has to be on the last place (otherwise it wont work) you have to save "RTFM" as preset (with the "preset" button on the left), I made a new directory "INFUNDIBULUM#1" for this while saving just to get things clear
6) Then you can load the preset for midi catch with the preset button (it is under user/midi catch) on the last tab
7) Look under kontakt settings that midi messages are enabled
8) Now you should be ready: if you switch back to the normal kontakt view you should have a tab "midi catch and drop"
9) Go there, start recording, start your daw, you can stop recording with stop of your daw or pushing the "start recording" button again
10) when finished you can just drop the midi to any track you like

Hope I have forgotton nothing, maybe something could be done easier (was the first time for me ever loading a script) but worked for me, hope it will work for you :)

Thanks very much Tatanka!

Blimey ! I turn my back for 5 minutes...

Some great ideas being suggested. I'm not at all against anyone using other samples with Infundibulum, but I am, you know, a sample developer :wink:

I spent months flicking code around trying to build the multi-arp for Infundibulum, I knew what I wanted it to do but didn't quite have the code chops to pull it off successfully. So in the end, after way too much coffee and late nights I swallowed my pride and scoured the internets for the best Kontakt scripting mind I could find and asked him to build it for me....and that my friends is why Zombie Queen very definitely knows his way around this thing. He is a flippin genius :tu:
http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/

pendle wrote:Blimey ! I turn my back for 5 minutes...

Some great ideas being suggested. I'm not at all against anyone using other samples with Infundibulum, but I am, you know, a sample developer :wink:
I bought my first pendle instrument in 2007 and pretty much every one since, so - even though I do want to pump out that arpeggiated midi I think you are pretty safe with me :) Some I've bought even though not totally taken by the demo but I've trusted there will someday be a part that absolutely needs that sound - and there is!
pendle wrote:
... and scoured the internets for the best Kontakt scripting mind I could find and asked him to build it for me....and that my friends is why Zombie Queen very definitely knows his way around this thing. He is a flippin genius :tu:
http://waveforms.fairlyconfusing.net/
true indeed, the Zombie Queen is always making something interesting

So,

if already involved:

the tiny nice little "midi drag and drop" button from zombie queens beat knitter on INFUNDIBULUM#1 next release directly on surface ? Pleaaaaase

Update for it is scheduled per newsletter. Should be very soon.

So expect a free update in the next week or so which will add the ability to record each multi-arp as a midi file that you can drag into another instrument track in your DAW.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”