About that cakewalk email that should be in your inboxes right now

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is it just me or does YouTube no longer show video descriptions on mobile??? I can't even check to see if that video is posted by Cakewalk or someone else.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

jinotsuh wrote:Now you can be like the Cakewalk faithful and just believe everything Cakewalk spews out, but here are some facts, look at the following video, uploaded by Cakewalk by the way, stop it at around the 16/17 second mark and tell me what it says in the title bar? It says SONAR Platinum, this video of course is a Cakewalk video showing SONAR (Platinum) running on a Mac, of course you don't need to read the title bar to know it is Platinum and not Home Studio, because it's as plain as day what it is if you know anything about Platinum and Home Studio, but for the blind faithful it should put it beyond doubt 'SONAR Platinum". So for them to say that this Home studio version is indeed what they have been working on all along, is an absolute load of crap, just more in the long line of spin from a company trying to cover it's ass.

https://youtu.be/PCmnsai1ENg

There is plenty more info available around that they have no control over deleting or editing, that shows what they have been spewing out is nothing but spin, pure ass covering, and tells the real story from the start and what was planned and in motion. The spin they are coming out with after the SONAR4Mac EPIC FAIL, is just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, granted with blind faithful sheep it doesn't take much, but . . .
I can explain how software development works.

SONAR Home Studio, SONAR Artist, SONAR Professional and SONAR Platinum are all built from the same codebase. This is common.

I described how we built the SONAR Mac Prototype - we took this code base and married it to CodeWeavers' CrossOver technology.

We had the ability to release any edition, but we wanted to make the product free for anyone who wanted to download it.

The only edition of SONAR that does not incur licensing and royalty payments (money we have to pay other companies) is SONAR Home Studio.

There is no controversy. There is no spin. Once again, I'm being honest and transparent and not covering anything up.

If you'd like to continue this discussion offline, I'm happy to. We can even set up a phone/Skype call and we can talk through all your issues with Cakewalk.
Alex Westner
VP Product Strategy & Innovation
Cakewalk, Inc., a division of Gibson Brands

Alex Westner wrote:
jinotsuh wrote:Now you can be like the Cakewalk faithful and just believe everything Cakewalk spews out, but here are some facts, look at the following video, uploaded by Cakewalk by the way, stop it at around the 16/17 second mark and tell me what it says in the title bar? It says SONAR Platinum, this video of course is a Cakewalk video showing SONAR (Platinum) running on a Mac, of course you don't need to read the title bar to know it is Platinum and not Home Studio, because it's as plain as day what it is if you know anything about Platinum and Home Studio, but for the blind faithful it should put it beyond doubt 'SONAR Platinum". So for them to say that this Home studio version is indeed what they have been working on all along, is an absolute load of crap, just more in the long line of spin from a company trying to cover it's ass.

There is plenty more info available around that they have no control over deleting or editing, that shows what they have been spewing out is nothing but spin, pure ass covering, and tells the real story from the start and what was planned and in motion. The spin they are coming out with after the SONAR4Mac EPIC FAIL, is just trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes, granted with blind faithful sheep it doesn't take much, but . . .

SONAR Home Studio, SONAR Artist, SONAR Professional and SONAR Platinum are all built from the same codebase. This is common.

I described how we built the SONAR Mac Prototype - we took this code base and married it to CodeWeavers' CrossOver technology.

We had the ability to release any edition, but we wanted to make the product free for anyone who wanted to download it.

The only edition of SONAR that does not incur licensing and royalty payments (money we have to pay other companies) is SONAR Home Studio.

There is no controversy. There is no spin. Once again, I'm being honest and transparent and not covering anything up.

If you'd like to continue this discussion offline, I'm happy to. We can even set up a phone/Skype call and we can talk through all your issues with Cakewalk.
I thought it was originally announced that the Mac version - the full/ platinum version - was going to be free, with any purchase of the corresponding Windows version.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

flugel45 wrote:
CTStump wrote:
Craig Anderton does get a lot of flack because of Sonar. Mainly the forum there. Not really fair when you consider his contributions to the industry and music making go far beyond and above that.

Even with that there's bound to be a few out there that have a different opinion. :?
It's more than just having a different opinion. Those few are the same two or three who gleefully wait for any CW thread to start so they can jump in and out-shout everyone else with their bashing.

Totally ironic to call anyone a "Sock Puppet" when they are the voice of venom on everything CW here. Juvenile and tiresome.
:idiot:

I hadn't said ONE F......ING THING before you said that. You are the fool here, because when I've been a part of cakewalk threads you've accused me of the same thing.

I'm not saying anything (about the product) other than you are a FB and that you'll attack anyone who has a different POV or experience than you ;)

vespesian wrote:I thought it was originally announced that the Mac version - the full/ platinum version - was going to be free, with any purchase of the corresponding Windows version.
Yes, if and when Sonar became commercially available on OS X.

From http://forum.cakewalk.com/Lifetime-Upda ... 29473.aspx

"I own SONAR Platinum, Professional, or Artist today. If and when SONAR becomes commercially available on OS X, will I need to purchase a new license?
No. You will be provided a new installer for your license of SONAR Artist, Professional, or Platinum. You do not need to purchase a new license."

Regarding the Alpha version, the press release from 1 June 2016 said:

"This Fall, a free Alpha version of SONAR OS X...will become available to gauge the interest of doing a full Mac port."

incubus wrote: :idiot:

I hadn't said ONE F......ING THING before you said that. You are the fool here, because when I've been a part of cakewalk threads you've accused me of the same thing.

I'm not saying anything (about the product) other than you are a FB and that you'll attack anyone who has a different POV or experience than you ;)
(Sigh) Is your name mentioned anywhere by me? No, and that's on purpose! I was actually referring to the other two here who are being very vocal in this thread. I (wrongfully) assumed you had found some peace with the whole CW matter since you had managed to stay silent recently. Silly, silly me.

I had to read this twice because here I was thinking, "Is he talking about me? I haven't given him a thought here much less called him out for anything". But you quoted me, so clearly even though I didn't mention your name - again, on purpose - you jump down my throat and call me names.

I honestly thought we had gotten past this nonsense. Apparently, I can't criticize anyone or anything now without you assuming it's some veiled attack on you. So all I can do is either report you or choose to ignore you. Since I know reporting you will not change your behavior in the slightest, I'll just have to ignore you (I'm assuming there's an Ignore function. In all my years here, I've never felt the need to use it on anyone).

This just makes me sick. :(

Alex Westner wrote:

Interesting explanation. Thanks. Royalty-requiring components are problematic. This is another area of repeat conflict with Sonar.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Snip:
Alex Westner wrote:I joined the company in November
But on Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:52 pm, discussing a Sonar 8 advertisement, it appeared that you worked for them:
Alex Westner wrote:Hey everyone,

Apparently the ad was released too soon.

The ad only tells part of the story. Please don't jump to any conclusions and try to be patient for official information from us.

Sorry about the confusion/mix-up with EQ.
Or even further back on Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:33 pm:
headquest wrote: Will there be a demo at some point ? - I'm very interested in S4
Alex Westner wrote: Yes, we'll post a demo sometime this week.

Alex Westner wrote: I can't change the past, but I can help bring about a better future.
:lol:
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

I think Alex Westner had left Cakewalk for a few years and rejoined the company last year.
DB

DeBro wrote:I think Alex Westner had left Cakewalk for a few years and rejoined the company last year.
Eh, he probably should have said that rather than saying he "joined the company in November", that really implied that he was new to the company.

(I thought his name looked familiar, I beta tested for P5, S6, Rapture, etc.)
Remember the iLokalypse Summer 2013

Samples and presets and free stuff!

"There is no controversy. There is no spin. Once again, I'm being honest and transparent and not covering anything up."

Really.....

"iZotope (located just down the road from Cakewalk) and Cakewalk have had a relationship (CW licenses code created by iZotope) for a long time, and Alex isn't the first Cakewalk staffer to be recruited by iZotope. Don't know of anyone who made the reverse trip, though, which suggests that iZotope may be considered a more desirable place to work."

Irony, I suppose?

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Alex-Westner- ... px#2232212
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Rappo Clappo wrote:"There is no controversy. There is no spin. Once again, I'm being honest and transparent and not covering anything up."

Really.....

"iZotope (located just down the road from Cakewalk) and Cakewalk have had a relationship (CW licenses code created by iZotope) for a long time, and Alex isn't the first Cakewalk staffer to be recruited by iZotope. Don't know of anyone who made the reverse trip, though, which suggests that iZotope may be considered a more desirable place to work."

Irony, I suppose?

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Alex-Westner- ... px#2232212
And then?

Then what? The clumsiness of a presentation, I suppose.
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”