New Distorted Chorus 2 VST plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Distorted Chorus 2

Inspired in the effect with the same name of the EMU e6400 Ultra hardware sampler, this is not an emulation but an original and unique effect.
Use the new version of the distorted chorus plugin to create distinct (distorted) chorus tones or to achieve old-school phase distortion techniques on basslines, drum loops, pads, voices (or a voice doubler/detuner), ... Use the filters to shape the chorus sound! With the addition of the new feedback stage, you can now also use this to get flanger effects! Use the new sync option to get creative.
With a new analog mode, filter options, 3 distortion types, 2 tube saturation types and so much more, you can guarantee that your sound is not going to sound dull.

Full features list:
-Inspired on the effect with the same name of the EMU e6400 Ultra hardware sampler.
-New algorithm that replaces both Distorted Chorus and Distorted Flanger plugins.
-Completely written from scratch: not compatible with version 1.x presets.
-Re-designed audio processing engine: new order is distortion - chorus - tube saturation.
-New chorus processor with 5 progressive engines.
-2 new distortion types (3 in total)
-1 new tube saturation type (2 in total - ECC83 and EF86)
-Auto-gain in the distortion and tube saturation stages.
-Rate and Delay now with sync option.
-Feedback stage (after filters and tube saturation)
-New 6 or 12 dB/octave filters.
-Analogue option.
-Output amplifier with limiter (+/- 20 dB)
-Full MIDI Learn Control.
-M/S meter.
-2 VU meters and 2 graphic displays for the distortion and tube saturation stages.
-Big LCD display.
-New GUI with back view (including audio signal flow graphics)
-Vintage sci-Fi look.
-Direct link to the Ourafilmes website.
-Stereo component.

Full automation, MIDI learn (right-click knobs), zero latency.
This is a 32-bit VST plugin and is not available individually - only included in the FX and Total Packs.

Check the video to see how it works.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-6o396rAD8

New video, testing my new RCA/Fender Amp, using the Distorted Chorus plugin on guitars! Check this sound!
:phones:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkhv2Usu0k0

These look interesting, but unfortunately they crash Cubase vst bridge. Not sure if anyone knows a fix, but if you do, post please.

spacekid wrote:These look interesting, but unfortunately they crash Cubase vst bridge. Not sure if anyone knows a fix, but if you do, post please.
32 bits? Did the EU sanction the additional 32 bits away? :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:
spacekid wrote:These look interesting, but unfortunately they crash Cubase vst bridge. Not sure if anyone knows a fix, but if you do, post please.
32 bits? Did the EU sanction the additional 32 bits away? :lol:
Must have :) If I feel adventurous one day I'll try Jbridging them :tu:

I know it's free but 32 bit in 2016? No thanks!

Hi. I heard similar issues with Reaper about 2 years ago. Suddenly, they launched an update and it was fixed. Never heard about those issues again, until recently. I thought they were solved by now.
zerocrossing wrote:32 bits? Did the EU sanction the additional 32 bits away? :lol:
Yeah... Santa Claus took his share during his last visit...
RobGee wrote:I know it's free but 32 bit in 2016? No thanks!
My friend, I think we are on different planets... I just showed a video where I am testing a 1953 amplifier alongside a 1968 guitar and a 1996 Marshall amp (where I am using only the speaker) - this was being recorded through a 2001 Shure SM58 mic connected to a 1962 tube preamp that was connected to a 2004 RME converter that was being controlled by a 2001 Logic 5.5.1 DAW. You are forgetting the most important... Until now, nobody said anything bad about the sound... And don´t get me wrong... it´s the sound that counts... Anything else is just a prejudice. Why do some people use vacuum tubes in audio? It´s from the last millenium, right?
Technology is going forward but you don´t see the same in music, it just gets worst...
Using a famous cliché sentence... it´s not the size that matters but what you can do with it...
And, by the way, it´s not free - this is custom made - it costs 10€ and you receive a bunch of fx plugins or 25€ and you also get the synths.
As always, don´t like it, don´t use it! Plain and simple.
Enough said.
Cheers!

New video: Using different techniques with Distorted Chorus 2.0 on bass, drums, voice and pads. From adding harmonics to going completely crazy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYhNaUw4JeA

ourafilmes wrote: My friend, I think we are on different planets... I just showed a video where I am testing a 1953 amplifier alongside a 1968 guitar and a 1996 Marshall amp (where I am using only the speaker) - this was being recorded through a 2001 Shure SM58 mic connected to a 1962 tube preamp that was connected to a 2004 RME converter that was being controlled by a 2001 Logic 5.5.1 DAW. You are forgetting the most important... Until now, nobody said anything bad about the sound... And don´t get me wrong... it´s the sound that counts... Anything else is just a prejudice. Why do some people use vacuum tubes in audio? It´s from the last millenium, right?
Technology is going forward but you don´t see the same in music, it just gets worst...
Using a famous cliché sentence... it´s not the size that matters but what you can do with it...
And, by the way, it´s not free - this is custom made - it costs 10€ and you receive a bunch of fx plugins or 25€ and you also get the synths.
As always, don´t like it, don´t use it! Plain and simple.
Enough said.
Cheers!
I think the sound is really good and the price is very reasonable but for those of us that don't have bridging options to use 32-bit plugs in a 64-bit DAW, the only option would be to record audio in the 64-bit DAW, download and install the 32-bit version of the DAW, open up the audio file, process, bounce and then return it to the 64-bit DAW, which is ultimately rather more effort than simply having a 64-bit version that I could just load in current projects and for no perceivable audio benefit (don't think I've ever heard the same argument for 32-bit OS tone as for retro amps, valves and guitars).

I'm sure this works the same way for those using 32-bit exclusively when only 64-bit versions are available, it's a shame that audio developers, for whatever reason, can't or won't release both versions.

Hi.
It is 32 bit because I can´t do it 64 bit - plain and simple.
I mainly use Mac but I still use my old PC with Win XP running my old Logic 5.5.1, Soundforge 8 and Live 6!!! So that doesn´t bother me. And 64 bit users can always use a bridge plugin.
If I had the chance to choose between 64 bit or to be able to do it for Mac also, I would opt for the second. I am a PC and Mac user. I have both connected both with ADAT and Gigabit Network. Usually I use the PC as a FX machine (sends/returns using ADAT) but I can also exchange files between them.
Anyway, there´s always a demo version for test for the interested users.
It´s a pity not all people may use them but it is as it is...

About the previous argument, I was simply answering to something that sounded like "using old technology in 2016? No thanks!" - I never referred to 32/64 bits talk.

Cheers!

Wow u still running Logic's PC version !?!?
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

NIce one!

ourafilmes wrote:Hi.
I mainly use Mac but I still use my old PC with Win XP running my old Logic 5.5.1, Soundforge 8 and Live 6!!! So that doesn´t bother me. And 64 bit users can always use a bridge plugin.
that might not bother you, but it may bother others. running a 32-bit DAW puts a hard limit on the amount of RAM available for use - heavy Kontakt/BFD users like myself seriously miss out when using a 32-bit DAW. bridging is not a panacea, because not only it introduces a yet another source of instability, it's also a usability hindrance because of the problems with focus (bridged plugins usually take away focus from the DAW, so you can't e.g. use transport controls while tweaking plugin settings).

so no, unfortunately (and despite the faux-sarcastic 128-bit comments), it's something that's quite important for quite a few people. there are ways to compile and test 64-bit plugins - both Mac and Windows have virtual machines, where you can test your software. it's not perfect, but that would at least provide you with something to go on with 64-bit support.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

realmarco wrote:Wow u still running Logic's PC version !?!?
My main DAW in Logic 9 in a Mac and I also use Logic 5 in my old PC. I also use Live but I love Logic - I use it for 20 years now!
MelissaZher wrote:NIce one!
Thanks mate!
Burillo wrote:
ourafilmes wrote:Hi.
that might not bother you, but it may bother others. running a 32-bit DAW puts a hard limit on the amount of RAM available for use - heavy Kontakt/BFD users like myself seriously miss out when using a 32-bit DAW. bridging is not a panacea, because not only it introduces a yet another source of instability, it's also a usability hindrance because of the problems with focus (bridged plugins usually take away focus from the DAW, so you can't e.g. use transport controls while tweaking plugin settings).

so no, unfortunately (and despite the faux-sarcastic 128-bit comments), it's something that's quite important for quite a few people. there are ways to compile and test 64-bit plugins - both Mac and Windows have virtual machines, where you can test your software. it's not perfect, but that would at least provide you with something to go on with 64-bit support.
Hi.
I see your point and I agree to a certain degree.
The thing is that I build the plugins based on my needs - they are always built for my personal usage (hence some crazy/unique features on some of them) but then they are available for any interested users. I don´t do it for a living! I know that we are in 2017 and most people use 64 bit systems but I use computers since 1983 and I learned a long time ago that the most important is to have a stable system. Since my system works perfectly everyday, I don´t change it.

Another thing is that I have a TC Powercore (full with all plugins available) connected to the Mac - it is discontinued now, I like it and don´t want to let it go so I can´t upgrade my system. And I have too much software to upgrade!!! As everything works, I simply keep it this way. As I referred before, I simply don´t bother and don´t care about 64 bit for now. Within a few years that might change but not for now. And I also have less time for audio each year that goes by...

On a personal side, I think software changes too fast nowadays... You´re never up to date. You have to upgrade something almost everyday... And there goes stability... And they are discontinuing stuff too fast too... And the new OS stop support for many working devices just to sell new ones... But maybe that´s just me getting old...

Cheers!
:tu:

Return to “Effects”