Dmitry Sches Diversion 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diversion

Distorted Horizon wrote:
DJErmac wrote:I've always loved the sound of Diversion and fell in love with the second GUI but never ever bought it because of the crazy CPU hit that makes it barely usable. And I use Avenger without any problem...
I made a simple pad. No unison, 8 polyphony, 4 oscillators, slightly modulated filter, chorus.

Then I pressed 8 keys down at the same time and cpu peaked at 4,9%. In normal playing it stayed around 2,5% and occasional visit to 3,5% - 4,9%.

Not so crazy IMO 8)

I have 3,4ghz quadcore i5.
True, but that's when you're trying to make huge supersaw chords that things become awful. When you need 64 voice polyphony 3x unison oscillators with Diversion, your CPU becomes a tandoori oven.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

you are right, this synth sounds fantastic but when i tried it the cpu hit was to heavy, more than most other plugs i use. enough of a hog that all i got is crackles and pops. maybe performance will be a concern for next update...

Bwahahahaha... the thing uses moderate CPU BECAUSE of the very reasons you like it. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Wasn't a fan of version 1, not organic enough, but the version 2 GUI gives me cold sweats. This guy is getting better at this software thing all the time. I bet this thing is going to be a HAWT piece of geek worthy kit. I'll be watching.

DJErmac wrote:
Distorted Horizon wrote:
DJErmac wrote:I've always loved the sound of Diversion and fell in love with the second GUI but never ever bought it because of the crazy CPU hit that makes it barely usable. And I use Avenger without any problem...
I made a simple pad. No unison, 8 polyphony, 4 oscillators, slightly modulated filter, chorus.

Then I pressed 8 keys down at the same time and cpu peaked at 4,9%. In normal playing it stayed around 2,5% and occasional visit to 3,5% - 4,9%.

Not so crazy IMO 8)

I have 3,4ghz quadcore i5.
True, but that's when you're trying to make huge supersaw chords that things become awful. When you need 64 voice polyphony 3x unison oscillators with Diversion, your CPU becomes a tandoori oven.
I use Dune 2 of Hive for those sounds :D

Dasheesh wrote:Bwahahahaha... the thing uses moderate CPU BECAUSE of the very reasons you like it. You cannot have your cake and eat it too. Wasn't a fan of version 1, not organic enough, but the version 2 GUI gives me cold sweats. This guy is getting better at this software thing all the time. I bet this thing is going to be a HAWT piece of geek worthy kit. I'll be watching.
It uses too much CPU compared to soft synths which offer the same sound quality. And version 2 is not even out yet, nor have there been posted any pictures of the GUI. :?:

Is that the version one GUI posted earlier? Was skimming through. It looks more detailed then I remember it. You kind of made my point, what this thing does at the sound quality it does, if will never be 0 CPU kind of thing. You would have to scale it wayyyyyy back.

A very nice synth that has made it into almost every track I have made, it fits right in, unique sound and I quite like the interface, it seems a stable synth as well. A synth with good sound quality and always adds something classy to my mind. :)

Thanks for the news update....2018 seems a long way off, I won't get too excited right now. :neutral:

Dasheesh wrote:Is that the version one GUI posted earlier? Was skimming through. It looks more detailed then I remember it.
Yeah, it's the GUI introduced with version 1.41, I think. Looks nice to me as well, really like using it.

for those of us who DO have problems with it, any suggestions for improving the performance? : )

inkwarp wrote:for those of us who DO have problems with it, any suggestions for improving the performance? : )
An option to disable oversampling will definitely help CPU usage.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

I've got to echo the CPU hit and crackles when changing banks and so on. Not used it and it's stayed in the bottom drawer until it either got better coding or I got a faster hitting processor. I mean I can run several instances of diva, with over 2 dozen+ plugins on my rig. Yet load Diversion up and its buckled. While I agree oversampling, chords and long reverbs are going to impact cpu hit, Im sorry this imho and lamen knowledge indicates an issue with the plugins coding over other mentioned issues. ut hey, ever fruitful for an improvement :)

What would be nice would be better filter oversampling code that does not change the filter resonance frequency depending on how much oversampling is set.

Diversion (1) on sale now for $89 until July. Wanted to see what you guys think of it. I demoed it a week or so ago and found it to be the best sounding synth overall honestly. I know it's a cpu hog, but anyone like using this regularly? Sound isn't everything, so how is the use is it on the easier end? Does it do anything rather unique?

twal wrote:Diversion (1) on sale now for $89 until July. Wanted to see what you guys think of it. I demoed it a week or so ago and found it to be the best sounding synth overall honestly. I know it's a cpu hog, but anyone like using this regularly? Sound isn't everything, so how is the use is it on the easier end? Does it do anything rather unique?
At that price this may be difficult to pass up. Certainly a programmer's dream.

wagtunes wrote:
twal wrote:Diversion (1) on sale now for $89 until July. Wanted to see what you guys think of it. I demoed it a week or so ago and found it to be the best sounding synth overall honestly. I know it's a cpu hog, but anyone like using this regularly? Sound isn't everything, so how is the use is it on the easier end? Does it do anything rather unique?
At that price this may be difficult to pass up. Certainly a programmer's dream.
What about Spectral, are you fan of that

Return to “Instruments”