NEVE Eq Cream

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tim Petherick Blue 1102.

realmarco wrote:havent tried the AO plugin, but Scheps-73 is pretty good.

the low(220hz) really fills out on the master bus Makes the song just sound bigger and it does MS
I keep forgetting about the Scheps 73. I noticed Andrew likes to use the Preamp Drive on his drums, specifically snare.

He's not a big fan of the limiter built into his outboard compressor, however. The compressor itself he uses, or a 33609 emulation.

I think there's a pretty universal dislike of the limiter section of the 33609. It's "weird" to be sure.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

i'm Having a problem with a Neve 1081 Plugin Emulation

I did a test of the Waves VEQ4 the IKmultimedia T-RackS EQ 81 and the UAD Neve 1081

thing is They all sound different to one another even with the exact same Settings.
I tested Band per band

the real anomally is the T-racks one activating one band seems to activate another that is invisble on the GUI

obviously i Don't have a Hardware 1081
so i have no idea which one is the closest

they don't sound bad just inconsistent to one another
although the Waves one Makes Zipper Noise when moving the "HF [kHz ]"'s gain
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

A few options are below, but some have been previously mentioned:

* IK Multimedia T-Racks EQ73
* IK Multimedia T-Racks EQ81
* McDSP British-E (6020 Ultimate EQ and 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip)
* PSP Audioware ClassicQ
* Overloud Gem EQ84

With that said, the Overloud Gem EQ84 is getting a lot of usage in my home studio at the moment.

khanyz wrote:I grew up visiting Air Montserrat so Neve has always been my default. DDMF 6144 is the only plugin that's made me reminisce about those days

In general though, unless you know the hardware, just like the software, IMO.
I tried most of the Eqs mentioned but avoided Waves and Acoustica for various reasons.

In the end I decided to go for the DDMF 6144 bundled together with IIEQPro, LP10, and Directional EQ for $79.00. :)

simon.a.billington wrote:Favs are V-EQ 3/4, Scheps 73, IK EQ 73/81 & bx_console.

The V-EQ3 is actually a hybrid of the 71 and an earlier eq, so you get more frequency selections with that than you do other 73s so worth a look.

I quite often like combining these with NLS which does a similar thing to the TMT tech in te bx_control. You could also do the same with Decapitator or the Slate equivalent, but they only emulate one channel of saturation as opposed to an entire mixer.
$hit!! I made a typo here. I'll correct myself.

The V-EQ3 is actually a hybrid of the 1073 and an earlier eq (which is the more rare 1066, so you get more frequency selections with that than you do other 73s.
Last edited by simon.a.billington on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

[double]

Return to “Effects”