LiquidSonics Seventh Heaven and Seventh Heaven Professional

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Seventh Heaven Seventh Heaven Professional

Michael L wrote:^^^ This is how the User Guide explains:

Auto-Pair True Stereo IR: When in true stereo mode and auto pairing is selected, loading a true impulse response of the format <name>Left.<extension> or <name>L.<extension> will result in the auto pairing function seeking an appropriate file named <name>Right.<extension> or <name>R.<extension> for paired loading (pairing is case insensitive). This is only active when loading files into the IR1-A and IR2-A containers when using the eject or left/right spinner buttons.

The IR1-B/IR2-B controls do not automatically pair files to enable rapid auditioning of alternative pairings for true stereo impulse responses.
 Off: No paring is attempted when changing IRs.
 Attempt Paring: When loading IRs an attempt will be made to pair the files based on file name. If files are named using a scheme not recognised by the plug-in pairing algorithm, no automated pairing will be evident.

You can download the Guide at the bottom of the page: https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/reverberate-2

Personally, I like getting to know the different IRs, combining and tweaking them, but not everyone does. LSSHP seems designed for those who want excellent results more quickly and consistently (as Matt explains at length above).
This means the answer to my question is "no", the IRs' are not organized by pairs and you can't load the as pairs, as an option.

I think the organizing presets/IRs' by pairs and enabling the loading those as pairs (in one load) made the R2 even more versatile and easy-to-use tool.

This for the LS as an idea of the further development (if they are anymore interested developing the R2).

Not so simple. Some presets load two pairs; R2 auto-loads pairs if they are named as such; if it loads one, you can choose the second pair, and save that preset. A demo and User Guide will clarify the structure for you better than 'blog-english'
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Michael L wrote:R2 auto-loads pairs if they are named as such; you just choose the second pair. A demo and User Guide will clarify the structure for you.

:tu:
(Why I've avoided the demo is short of space, the IR libs are notoriasly heavy).

I do like the way pre-delay is implemented in 7HP. Much better than the previous IRs. I recall Softube TSAR-1 works this way too.

My go-to reverbs are Nimbus and R4, and I've been using pre-delay in a similar manner with the RvbDelay parameter, which places the delay between the earlies and the tail. I like having both types of pre-delay, because I often use both together with different values.

But yes, 7HP sounds great!

deleted
Last edited by plexuss on Mon May 01, 2017 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

You can even use the bank holiday sale 20% off coupon in addition to the Reverberate 2 user coupon for some great savings today!
If I understand this correctly, if we waited a week or so we could saved haved another 20% off the price?? Is that correct? If that is correct, I have to express disappointment and some amount of anger about this. So please correct me and tell me that I am wrong, that I wouldn't have gotten another 20% off if I had just waited some days. Otherwise... wow... this would be really really bad and leave me with a real distaste for Liquidsonics. What's the story?

UPDATE: Yes, it seems those of us that decided to support this product sooner rather than later get screwed out of £35 or $45US. On on earth is this a good business decision? Unbelievable. I am not happy about this. One of my pet peevs are devs that do these sales right after other sales and screw all those people that decided to pony up money sooner rather than later. I understand it if more time has elapsed where the product has been in the market for a longer period of time - I look at it as the cost to use the technology sooner rather than later - but for me this has to be at least a number of months - not a couple of weeks. I could have just been using the demo period all this time and saved myself another $45US. It hasen't even been 2 weeks!

Ridiculous. Awful way to treat customers. Live and learn. Another dev added to my blacklist.

Hello Plexuss,

I know how you feel, that scenario has played out on things I've bought in the past as well.
I was furious, then someone asked me a simple question: was it worth the price you paid? Before buying it, we consider a price and consider its worth to us, was that worth the price at that time?

I hope you answered yes or else there is a problem with the product or with you. No intention of offending you. As I had stated, I've been in that position myself.

If someone else gets a better deal, good for them, let it roll.

I have not purchased this yet because as I had stated in my second post in this thread I do not own a hard ilok.

Now with the extra money off, if I purchase an ilok key just for this program, I'm paying just about as much as you did before the 20% reduction.

Now it's my turn to ponder value and worth and this guy seems to get my business even before I descide to give it to him because his shits that good.

I think seventh heaven is not selling as good as the developer thought it would. Ilok and this price for a plugin. Today plugins have no real worth anymore. After buying it's only half worthy as you paid. Too much plugins and sales on the market today. Take a look at Waves, thats really funny how they are selling their products today. You have to stay with this in mind.
And you know what? Another great and much more flexible reverb is coming around: mturboreverb by meldaproduction. So stop eating and save your money.

As of now, the discount a Reverberate 2 user receives has increased by 150% from £20 to £50. So combining that with the introductory discount of £50, that's a total saving of £100 (which is £1 more than Reverberate 2 currently retails for).

Until 14 May Seventh Heaven Professional costs £199 for new customers and £149 for existing Reverberate 2 customers.

After 14 May Seventh Heaven Professional will cost £249 for new customers and £199 for existing Reverberate 2 customers.
thats exactly written by Liquidsonic itselves just two sites ago . many user takes this as price reference and expiration date of the intro discount , including myselves .
i bought it also just 2 days ago following Liquidsonics own statement written above .
If I understand this correctly, if we waited a week or so we could saved haved another 20% off the price?? Is that correct? If that is correct, I have to express disappointment and some amount of anger about this. So please correct me and tell me that I am wrong, that I wouldn't have gotten another 20% off if I had just waited some days. Otherwise... wow... this would be really really bad and leave me with a real distaste for Liquidsonics. What's the story?
for new user good for existing user which already have bought it , its real bad . i could also understand it if the intro pricing are over and few weeks/month had been passed .

Dillinger wrote:Now with the extra money off, if I purchase an ilok key just for this program, I'm paying just about as much as you did before the 20% reduction.
thats not correct at all , he or other user have paid already somehow for the ilok key .

My trial is about up and I could definitely use a coupon today, hopefully it shows up since I signed up for the newsletter. I've found SHP to be the easiest reverb to work with when compared to stuff like Lexicon MPX, Relab480, Rverb, Altiverb, Trueverb, Tsar-1, and Abbey Road Plates. That vocal shimmer preset works great with my SM7 recorded vocals. Music Forest is great for the music tracks. And finally I put that Saint Gerold on the master fader before NLS and L2 and set the wet/dry until I like the result. Usually I don't have to tweak Seventh Heaven much, but I am using other stuff like Bx_console. SHP definitely saves me a lot of time because it doesn't seem to mess anything up or create new problems. When I've used SHP against Altiverb with the same Bricasti presets, I'd say Altiverb is about 75% there with the modulation section set to the highest values for depth and speed. But it's missing the V2 presets as I don't think Samplicity ever made those. Regular SH sounds like a less lively SHP with the tails kinda static. Like Altiverb without the depth and speed engaged.

This composer who has scored very legit stuff named Gary Lionelli at the Vi-control forums claims SHP generally sounds indistinguishable from the hardware:

http://vi-control.net/community/threads ... 382/page-6

He's satisfied with it enough that it sounds like he doesn't feel a need to buy another hardware Bricasti.

mrholmes at realgearonline claims the late reflections are metallic sounding compared to the hardware files he heard

http://realgearonline.com/thread/7086/l ... 7th-heaven

As for the state of plugins..there are definitely a ton of options out there. Very saturated and anything new would need to stand out to gain attention.

If SHP is as good as Mr Lionelli claims, it should be worth every bit of the asking price considering an M7 is like $3600. I have no idea if Pace has fixed their security. I bought a bunch of Ilok plugs before some of them were cracked. Some have new and improved versions that the cracking teams haven't uploaded. When it comes to Ilok stuff, it's not released by crackers very often. I remember reading a discussion where someone mentioned some new plug didn't work in the cracked Pro Tools. Not long ago a guy opened up a home studio charging rock bottom rates and putting out pretty good mixes using Samson and Behringer stuff. He was giving away hours and hours of recording time just for liking his Facebook. And he was most likely also using cracked plugs and listing them on his site as if they were hardware. Something new would pop up on the crack scene and voila, all of a sudden he lists it on his site's list of gear. It could be a coincidence. I can't prove it. As long as SHP is uncracked, it can give me some kind of competitive advantage against all the people around here charging less than minimum wage. Even if it got cracked, it's unlikely that cracking teams will release the newest versions quickly, if they release them at all.

The reality is, we have to figure out ways to compete against people who use nothing but cracks and developers can release useful updates so people who can afford the plugs have more of a reason to spend. It's kind of a tenuous market. When I've watched instructional videos from famous mixers and downloaded the Pro Tools sessions included with the purchase, they are always using old versions of Pro Tools that are 32 bit. They also seem to stick with old plugins too. Many of these rich and famous people probably aren't buying the latest plugins. Then there's studio owners who own gobs of hardware and just use that. A lot of these guys are going out of business. I see rates dropping all over. I started learning this stuff myself because no studio in this area could communicate to me what it is exactly that they know how to do. Almost all of them just list gear and show pictures. Samples are rare. Rates are not always published. I wasn't going to call all over and ask every single place if they knew how to get this and that sound. They could lie too.

So maybe it's mainly your average hobbyist who buys software. Well, I'd say a good percentage of them don't own Iloks and don't pay over $100 for a plugin. I've noticed plug prices dropping a lot since I started buying about two and a half years ago. Seems like less stuff is being released too. And some of what's being released is just the latest take on classic gear that's already been modeled by companies in the past. There's still room for improvement in regard to things like aliasing and eq-cramping when working at 44k. I work at 96k and I can say that regular consumer computers aren't ready for it. Even a pro workstation isn't. Maybe if you have a Soundgrid server or a bunch of HDX and UAD. Otherwise you need to do a lot of commit/freeze/combine if you get a large session and want to use anything but the most efficient plugs. I don't know that developers care a lot about the 88/96 market since 80 something percent of people here seem to be working at 44/48. If everyone were making plugs intended for 88/96, that might open up some new possibilities since the limitations of 44/48 wouldn't need to be thought of so much.

SHP should be a game-changer for a lot of people though. Even if I had a hardware M7, I'd only be able to use it on one thing at a time. The quality of SHP is like what mrholmes and others have said. You can crank it up and it stays blended with the source. CPU usage seems a lot better than stuff like H-Reverb or Abbey Road Plates(used it at 88 and 96). I do a lot of covers for myself using fan-created instrumentals or real tracks from Rock Band/Jammit/Guitar Hero. This is the closest I've gotten to recording vocals that fit in with the real album tracks. These same presets work great on modern tracks, 80s tracks, bedroom recordings done with fake drums and DI guitars reamped with CLA Guitars, Rap recorded in a studio, anything I've tried it on.

If you don't own an Ilok, I think Slate gives them to you with a subscription. VCC is really useful as a console emulation. I paired it with NLS in the last insert before the limiter used as a summer and I think this really gives a more album type sound when used with SHP. I may do some final tests where I deactivate SHP in some sessions and swap some other reverb in the same spot. But so far when I've done that, I haven't equaled what I did with SHP.
My attempt at creating an educational audio site along with something for my services:

http://www.fidelityrebellion.com

Small tip for Reverberate2 users willing to use the opportunity. Make sure to apply May 1st discount BEFORE applying your Rev2 discount. May 1st is based on a percentage of the price, so you get a bigger discount from the higher price. The Rev2 is fixed 50 quid.

meloco_go wrote:Small tip for Reverberate2 users willing to use the opportunity. Make sure to apply May 1st discount BEFORE applying your Rev2 discount. May 1st is based on a percentage of the price, so you get a bigger discount from the higher price. The Rev2 is fixed 50 quid.
That makes it even worse - instead of a difference of £35 its £45 - so had those of us that bought this 2 weeks ago waited, we could have saved another £45 or $60USD. and how ridiculous that you can save another £10 if you apply the codes in a different way.

This is even more ridiculous. lesson learned from Liquidsonics - wait until the last minute to buy anything on sale or just avoid and buy 2nd hand. You can't rely on this dev to offer prices that are going to be stable - you can see this in the botched release where they had to back-track and offer even more discount. and then without notice to those who decided to jump on board, offered another flash 20% off without compensation back to those came on board earlier. software grade A, marketing grade F.

comfortablynick wrote:I do like the way pre-delay is implemented in 7HP. Much better than the previous IRs. I recall Softube TSAR-1 works this way too.

My go-to reverbs are Nimbus and R4, and I've been using pre-delay in a similar manner with the RvbDelay parameter, which places the delay between the earlies and the tail. I like having both types of pre-delay, because I often use both together with different values.

But yes, 7HP sounds great!
Is the pre-delay behaviour like in the hardware??
(i have just read that convolution pre-delay behaviour is somehow different from algorithm fx..but dunno in what way, or why it is not so good in some conditions)
- WonderEcho -

Klinke1 wrote: Is the pre-delay behaviour like in the hardware??
(i have just read that convolution pre-delay behaviour is somehow different from algorithm fx..but dunno in what way, or why it is not so good in some conditions)
Yes, the pre-delay behavior in SHP is like the hardware M7 according to the developer.

It's not a question of algorithmic vs. convolution per se, but in order to accomplish this with convolution you have to sample each part of the reverb separately so that you can put the delay in between. With the Bricasti this also involves the low-freq reverb, so it's obvious how much attention to detail was put into sampling it.

I prefer to have both options; pre-delay for the whole reverb, and a delay for everything but the early reflections. R4, Nimbus, and VSR S24 are the algorithmic plugins I own which allow adjusting both delays.

Return to “Effects”