Which synth you are learning or sound designing for now?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wagtunes wrote:Well, it's a new month and I'm toying with VirtualCZ and Prophet VS, two synths that I think don't get nearly enough love.
I do like me some Virtual CZ, although it's certainly not one of the more intuitive synths to use, it's got a lot of possibilities once you figure out what it's capable of, which is always a good sign for endless exploration.

I remember recommending this to you for your synth pop project, how's that going btw?

Now Harmor. It got new GUI and I found nice manual, why not :wink: Still this is difficult beast with lots of WTF options and some that seem have no use.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Albino 3, never looked deeper into it before.

shonky wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Well, it's a new month and I'm toying with VirtualCZ and Prophet VS, two synths that I think don't get nearly enough love.
I do like me some Virtual CZ, although it's certainly not one of the more intuitive synths to use, it's got a lot of possibilities once you figure out what it's capable of, which is always a good sign for endless exploration.

I remember recommending this to you for your synth pop project, how's that going btw?
The Synth Pop project was completed on April 3.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... 0s-squared

Your stuff always sounds so jolly, like a kangaroo on drugs :hihi:
I just zapped through like a dozen or so of those zillions of audios, and found Caught you Peeping by far the best, relatively speaking.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Your stuff always sounds so jolly, like a kangaroo on drugs :hihi:
I just zapped through like a dozen or so of those zillions of audios, and found Caught you Peeping by far the best, relatively speaking.
I'll take that as a compliment...I think.

I just created some fat neuro/mecha sounds with Albino 3, this is solely albino 3 with no external effects
https://clyp.it/nbuewr5p

check it out :)

btw.. I love effect sounds with an element of terror in them

Pretty much every one I own.. I think.. "I need an X sound now" and I try to make a new one each time where I feel I have the time/energy, even if I have something stored I made before in a similar vein. I tend to make sounds per track. Occasionally having a few 2-3 hour synth only sessions when I am doing more listening/soaking up other peoples music in between making my own tracks, rather than actually producing. This way I push my brain a bit in the routing realm and maybe even improve or learn something new. Of course we all have our faves/bread and butter sounds we made but this is a good approach to make variations on themes without them sounding identical.

Right now I'm working on creating libraries for XILS PolyM and PPG Wavegenerator. Both are a ton of fun to program in completely different ways.

phace wrote:I just created some fat neuro/mecha sounds with Albino 3, this is solely albino 3 with no external effects
https://clyp.it/nbuewr5p

check it out :)

btw.. I love effect sounds with an element of terror in them
Frickin' cool...

Working with 2 at the moment.
Fathomsynth, a new modular synth in development. It is a modular synth with all the things you would expect. The envelopes are truly amazing. It has a beautiful GUI. Because of its complexity it has several pages or layers but still vey manageable.

Waves Element 2. I got suckered into Codex on sale and was really impressed. I demoed Element 2 and it did not dissapoint. Single page subtaction synth with some FM and a simple Arp/seq. The controls are so responsive. It sounds fantastic. Nothing real special but the simplicity and the responsiveness has made it my favorite synth. Decent cpu hit for the sound.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

DJ Warmonger wrote:Now Harmor. It got new GUI and I found nice manual, why not :wink: Still this is difficult beast with lots of WTF options and some that seem have no use.
when there's a parameter that doesn't seem to do jack in harmor it's usually cause you gotta draw an envelope for it, right click on it to access it.

watching harmor don SeamlessR sessions on youtube is the standard way to get to grips with this thing.

I'm currently trying not to get trapped in sound design (FIDDLING AND KNOB TWIDDLING, ITSA BIIIG TRAP!!!), but concentrate on composition and melody. I mean, sometimes it is nice to get a result in the end... :) Also learn to play my instrument better (clarinet).
Had some closer looks into RP Predator II. For more goal above, I basically use presets only and I like its preset management.

Loom II beta ;)

Have a Hive soundset in the works.
I'm late to the Hive game, totally underestimated its capabilities from the audio demos. Took it for a proper test drive a few weeks ago and - damn!

Return to “Instruments”