Can't load Bomdrop VST because Maize Sampler Instrument Expired

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!
I've got a problem regarding the Bomdrop VST I bought on Bomdrop.com
I put the Bomdrop.dll file in my reaper VST directory, typed my serialnumber I got in my email. The first couple of weeks everything worked fine, until all of a sudden everytime I try opening Bomdrop VST a pop up appears saying Maize Sampler Player: This instrument is already expired! Did'nt even know it was based on Maize Software. I tried contacting the developers of Bomdrop VST via their contact form, waited for months, no reply, tried to reach the Maize developers, but there's no contact form. I tried "reinstalling" but the problem still remains.
Does anybody know how to fix this problem?

Hey, Did you find a fix to this problem? I am getting the same issue and really need to get it working again.
Thank you in advance!

@Raxtimyr do you have the Mac version of the plugin? If you want to send it to me I can have a dig around in the application code and see if I can see why this might be happening.

Note: I'm just a Maize Sampler user, not the developer (although I am a developer of other things).

Another note: I have no interest in 'stealing' your plugin. Whether I can find any useful info for you from the app code, I'll delete it right afterwards either way.

Not sure if this is relevant to the problem being discussed here, but in MaizeSampler2 in the copy protection setting there is an option to set an "Instrument Expires after (days)" : [lets you choose up to 999 days].

dannytaurus wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:52 pm @Raxtimyr do you have the Mac version of the plugin? If you want to send it to me I can have a dig around in the application code and see if I can see why this might be happening.

Note: I'm just a Maize Sampler user, not the developer (although I am a developer of other things).

Another note: I have no interest in 'stealing' your plugin. Whether I can find any useful info for you from the app code, I'll delete it right afterwards either way.
Hi, I just recently looked inside the forum and saw that people are actually trying to help me :D
I would love to give you the bomdrup.dll or whatever you need to try and fix this mess. It still does not work, I just gave up on it for several years, but none the less would like to have the software working again. It's a basic principles of moral code thing. So where should I send the files to?
cheers

The problem only concerns Bomdrop creator(s). If I were you I would have asked for a chargeback on my credit card if the Bomdrop makers ignored your messages. The Maize Sampler dev can't do anything about it because he doesn't have the project files.

Hey folks,

I just ran into the same issue with two older free plugins I've used in projects from the past (Brittle by Flintpope, Minimal Clock by Minimal Instruments). I'm using REAPER under Windows 10.

Maize Sampler appears to write/append a small data chunk for each Maize Sampler intrument to
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Maize Sampler Player\pluginsettings.dat

Deleting 'pluginsettings.dat' seems to work.
I assume I'll have to do that again in 999 days or so.

For REAPER, rescanning plugins and/or checking the 'Re-scan ... plugins that failed to scan' list, might be necessary so the plugin in question gets recognized again.

Good day!

jovo wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:32 pm Hey folks,

I just ran into the same issue with two older free plugins I've used in projects from the past (Brittle by Flintpope, Minimal Clock by Minimal Instruments). I'm using REAPER under Windows 10.

Maize Sampler appears to write/append a small data chunk for each Maize Sampler intrument to
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Maize Sampler Player\pluginsettings.dat

Deleting 'pluginsettings.dat' seems to work.
I assume I'll have to do that again in 999 days or so.

For REAPER, rescanning plugins and/or checking the 'Re-scan ... plugins that failed to scan' list, might be necessary so the plugin in question gets recognized again.

Good day!
Contact the developers of those plugins, they may be able to help you.

Return to “Maizesoft”