Beatskillz presents free MAX1

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"Don’t know how to compress or are a pro at compression?"

"Then this plugin is for you.
This is an automatic compressor with “intelligent” and variable release time and ratio settings."

Plugin Formats: VST/AU/AAX – 64bit /32 Bit
PC/MAC

https://www.beatskillz.com/max1/
Last edited by Omkar on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Looks nice.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Definitely a nice freebie, I like it :tu:

Looks nice indeed. Their 'Bounce' compressor is seriously good for drums/buses - handles low end extremely well.

The KVR plugin page ( http://www.kvraudio.com/product/max1-by-beatskillz )
says "Copy Protection: None" ...this is all wrong, it demands a serial and you are asked to enter an email to request a free serial.

Since my DAW is offline, I installed it on a online computer just to request a free serial.
The serail was mailed to me but it didn't work on my offline DAW.

So unless something got messed up in the process I assume it is a C/R protection without a Offline activation alternative.

It's certanly NOT without a copy protection thats for sure.

You are right, from the manual it says :

In demo mode the plugin will fully function for 15 days (trial mode) .
Just enter your email address and register for FREE! the
plugin will be then fully functional with no restrictions.

Kr3eM wrote:The KVR plugin page ( http://www.kvraudio.com/product/max1-by-beatskillz )
says "Copy Protection: None" ...this is all wrong, it demands a serial and you are asked to enter an email to request a free serial.

Since my DAW is offline, I installed it on a online computer just to request a free serial.
The serail was mailed to me but it didn't work on my offline DAW.

So unless something got messed up in the process I assume it is a C/R protection without a Offline activation alternative.

It's certanly NOT without a copy protection thats for sure.

Yeager wrote:You are right, from the manual it says :

In demo mode the plugin will fully function for 15 days (trial mode) .
Just enter your email address and register for FREE! the
plugin will be then fully functional with no restrictions.
Yes my real beef with this is that it fails to mention that you need to be connected to the internet. It basicly says I "Just have to enter my email address and register"... incomplete and/or missleading information is something that disturbs me.

Sure it's "free", but my time is not... so there's no excuse to hide the fact of not having support for offline activation.

Beatskillz just made my sh*tlist

The installer is a mess on this one: installs VST x32, x64 and AAX without asking you anything.
Sounds pretty decent, but 10ms latency? Lost my interest.

Kr3eM wrote:Yes my real beef with this is that it fails to mention that you need to be connected to the internet.
Fully agree, I felt offhand and tricked.
I hope Gaurav takes note users should not run into something like this
otherwise over the time the question of drawbacks on freebies becomes more and more prominent.

The welcomed idea to support inexperienced users on compression attented with handicaps I should say.
Next time ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Nice but it has latency issues. Tried it as a parallel drum bus but it has an audible delay. Maybe on vocals or something else but hey, it was free. posting.php?mode=reply&f=6&t=484857#

Free or not, I'm not gonna install a plugin that says "Beatskillz" on its GUI - that would be too much embarassment in front of myself.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Omkar wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:37 am
Kr3eM wrote:Yes my real beef with this is that it fails to mention that you need to be connected to the internet.
otherwise over the time the question of drawbacks on freebies becomes more and more prominent.

The welcomed idea to support inexperienced users on compression attented with handicaps I should say.
Next time ...
Thanks Omkar, for your kind suggestion, we have already made changes on our website.

jens wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm Free or not, I'm not gonna install a plugin that says "Beatskillz" on its GUI - that would be too much embarassment in front of myself.
ah! Good to see you have your priorties straight. x)

beatskillz wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:52 pm
jens wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm Free or not, I'm not gonna install a plugin that says "Beatskillz" on its GUI - that would be too much embarassment in front of myself.
ah! Good to see you have your priorties straight. x)
Did I mention Gaurav has a good sense of humor?

beatskillz wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:49 pm
Omkar wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 7:37 am

Next time ...
Thanks Omkar, for your kind suggestion, we have already made changes on our website.
Cool,
it just says v1.3 "Registration issue fixed", can you explain a bit?
Is the reported latency issue fixed?

Return to “Effects”