Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Reverb Recommendation?

Fleer
KVRAF

2921 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Mon May 08, 2017 7:20 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

Moreover, you can get the H-series bundle, including all four hybrid plugins, for $63 at EveryPlugin.com with code DK39S.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9054 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon May 08, 2017 7:37 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

Fleer wrote:Moreover, you can get the H-series bundle, including all four hybrid plugins, for $63 at EveryPlugin.com with code DK39S.

That's a pretty good price for that bundle. If I didn't already have H-Comp and H-EQ I probably would bite at that price. I'm not sure that I'm interested in it for just the reverb and delay though. I know, I'm cheap, but I have a lot of both. What doe they bring to the table that's unique?
SteveWZ
KVRist

406 posts since 25 Feb, 2016

Postby SteveWZ; Mon May 08, 2017 7:48 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

Arrested Developer wrote:
Pazzior wrote:Although I think the tail of the UltraReverb sounds marginal more dense, I'm wondering why it's dry-signal is inmediately reduced when I grab the dry/wet slider slightly to wet? While the signal passed through the valhalla reverbs sounds full and Rich until the mix gets >50% to the wet.

Anyone explanation or recommendation?

Get Ultrareverb and use it on sends with 100% wet.
It's a great reverb.

At $47 its a steal.
jens
KVRAF

18419 posts since 12 Jul, 2003, from West Caprazumia

Postby jens; Mon May 08, 2017 9:24 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

MogwaiBoy wrote:Ultrareverb vs H-Reverb?

H-Reverb is one of those plugins that I've only glanced at because the "normal" price is just ridiculous. But for under $50... how is it? Is it an algorithmic/convolution hybrid or something else?

Both Ultrareverb and H-Reverb feature additional tools such as LoFi, dynamics, delay and equalization to make them more flexible/versatile - but that's where their similarity ends.

Ultrareverb is a classic algorithmic reverb (featuring nine algorithms), while H-Reverb has an (afaik) unique approach in that it applies FIR convolution where the IR is synthesized in realtime i.e. generated on the fly (which is why it is rather CPU heavy and which is why there are no IRs to be loaded).

Both are deep tools where it is (at least for me) often quite a bit harder to find a sweet-spot that it is with the Valhallas, which are less flexible but usually really easy to get a great and adequate sound out of (brilliant interface and all) - all of them are professional devices which really do what they aim to do.

My recommendation is to get them all.:hihi:
" It is a measurable fact. Not my opinion. And not even subtle. If you can't hear difference in tail between Valhalla and VSR reverb tail then again change your job dude." kmonkey
Vospi
KVRist

199 posts since 31 May, 2011

Postby Vospi; Mon May 08, 2017 12:53 pm Re: Reverb Recommendation?

No VST version of Bricasti, but IRs of it are free and out there.
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/
http://vospi.com/music
http://soundcloud.com/vospi
more than 1000 followers, licensed on 3 continents.
русский подкаст о звуке: https://vk.com/stereopodcaster
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

2035 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 pm Re: Reverb Recommendation?

Vospi wrote:No VST version of Bricasti, but IRs of it are free and out there.
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/

Throw these into your DAWs stock convolution plugin and be amazed! :love:
incubus
KVRAF

5272 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby incubus; Mon May 08, 2017 9:50 pm Re: Reverb Recommendation?

For me, I went through this when Pro-R came out. I can make it sound any way that I need to so I ended up buying it and that is pretty much that. I like convo verb but hate nearly every single interface I've used (and no, they don't all sound the same, don't ask why. It would be easier if they did)
comfortablynick
KVRist

150 posts since 15 May, 2015

Postby comfortablynick; Tue May 09, 2017 10:00 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

H-Reverb is one of those plugins that I've only glanced at because the "normal" price is just ridiculous. But for under $50... how is it? Is it an algorithmic/convolution hybrid or something else?

H-Reverb is a convolution reverb, but it generates the IR synthetically. They try to make it sound like new technology, but FIR-based reverbs are nothing new. It does have some analog modeling, distortion, dynamics, etc. It's a good plugin but I've never clicked with it.

Between those two, I'd definitely go with UltraReverb. You have some tried 'n true algorithms with a pretty useful interface. The extras are there (multiple EQ sections, compression, delay) that provide what's needed to shape the reverb in the mix. It's also lighter on the CPU than H-Reverb (by about half on my machine).
incubus
KVRAF

5272 posts since 6 May, 2015

Postby incubus; Sat May 13, 2017 11:51 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

BTW, I wanted to apologize because I was not aware the "seventh heaven" is indeed an attempt at a Britcasti.

And now I have to demo it :bang:
Tp3
KVRAF

1965 posts since 7 Feb, 2007

Postby Tp3; Sun May 14, 2017 5:13 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

incubus wrote:I was not aware the "seventh heaven" is indeed an attempt at a Britcasti.

And now I have to demo it :bang:

I'd wait for the plate reverb (guess what it is) : The 14th AMendmenT(c) :D
I Clip therefore I AM
-
I'm a ZERO dB DR WannaB
-
YouTube ? iTube !
e@rs
KVRAF

2941 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Sun May 14, 2017 6:30 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

@OP

Go to Valhalla...

...DSP's shop and get 2 of his products. :wink:
nicksohn
KVRist

448 posts since 6 Dec, 2014

Postby nicksohn; Sun May 14, 2017 10:58 pm Re: Reverb Recommendation?

Valhalla's
Waves H-Reverb
Fabfilter pro-R
Hornet spaces
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9054 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon May 15, 2017 9:05 am Re: Reverb Recommendation?

comfortablynick wrote:

H-Reverb is a convolution reverb, but it generates the IR synthetically. They try to make it sound like new technology, but FIR-based reverbs are nothing new. It does have some analog modeling, distortion, dynamics, etc. It's a good plugin but I've never clicked with it.

Yeah, I demo'd it recently and decided to pass even though I can get the upgrade including H-Delay for about $44. It seems flexible but that doesn't matter if it flexibly creates sounds that you don't like. I got some inspiration from how it's setup, so there's that.
Jbravo
KVRian

1275 posts since 19 May, 2002, from Cambridge, UK

Postby Jbravo; Thu May 18, 2017 4:40 pm Re: Reverb Recommendation?

is anyone using Cloudseed in FLstudio because I can't get it to load
:(
comfortablynick
KVRist

150 posts since 15 May, 2015

Postby comfortablynick; Fri May 19, 2017 12:26 pm Re: Reverb Recommendation?

ghettosynth wrote:
comfortablynick wrote:

Yeah, I demo'd it recently and decided to pass even though I can get the upgrade including H-Delay for about $44. It seems flexible but that doesn't matter if it flexibly creates sounds that you don't like. I got some inspiration from how it's setup, so there's that.

True, that's pretty much how I feel about H-Reverb as well. Nice and flexible, but I don't care for the sound.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects