if not for the ignorant.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are a noticeable few who frequently flaunt their ignorance and stupidity in other ppls threads. This thread was one of them, so I removed the topic.
Last edited by annode on Fri May 26, 2017 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Here's an article about the making of the remake:
https://www.fastcompany.com/40421732/ho ... ears-later

Are they going to actually make the music good this time?

Zombie Queen wrote:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... MNxs9QdthO
<<< the best version so far
:hihi:

I'm looking forward to hearing this on my Mackie HR824 pair.
I know these days Sgt. Pepper is sorta like a joke for ppl who weren't around at the time.
I was 12 at the time. I brought it home from Franny's Record Shop, put the record on my family's RCA console stereo with the tv set in the middle. Not a bad system for the day.(3 way with a 12" woofer on each side.) I sat down just in front on the floor to listen for the first time.(remember that even though stereo wasn't new in the US at that time, it hadn't been the norm until about 1966. Color TV was just taking off and then Sgt. Pepper stereo comes out! The visual and now the audio had just changed from B&W to color.)
I clearly remember being taken into the music like nothing I had experienced before. Something new was opening up in my mind. (I was 12 remember, moving through puberty.) After it finished and I had heard both sides, I can clearly remember feeling as if I had moved to some other state of awareness or consciousness.( Hendrix asked "Are You Experienced?" that's what he meant.) I felt changed somehow. It was really cathartic.

Many ppl remember having that same experience with Sgt. Pepper. I was already a Beatles fan hearing the records as they were released, presented to me by my older cousin.
I was 9 when I first heard "I Want To Hold Your Hand". I remember where I was at the time. Again, I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. I can equate the Pepper experience with the first time I 'got off' smoking pot and afterward knowing my thinking and reality were changed forever. (a few yrs later) Both pot and Sgt.Pepper had a mind altering effect on so many ppl back then. I haven't heard ppl say things like that about anything since. It's like it was mind control. haha I became someone else. I was inducted into freakdom. I had a new agenda. Learn the guitar, grow your hair, listen to 'underground' music, hang at the 'head shop', buy psychedelic day-glow posters, smoke more pot and listen to more music with your friends.

So, it all started when I was acclimated into the Sgt. Pepper universe as a youth. I had no choice.

I have Sgt. Pepper on vinyl. I like it for what it is, I don't think I would enjoy re-masters or re-mixes (unless someone's as good as those Star Wars ninjas).

I was 95 when the original came out. Seems like only 'yesterday'.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I wish they'd leave it alone. Its already great ...

It's not that it's a joke of the time or whatever, but for me it's kinda like overly-artistic to the point where I don't care.

It's not awful, I just hate that it's the guardian reference of the galaxy, like "pet sounds" :barf:

incubus wrote:like "pet sounds"
Hmmm.... my pets only make ultrasounds. I wonder, what to make out of this...

Zombie Queen wrote:I have Sgt. Pepper on vinyl. I like it for what it is, I don't think I would enjoy re-masters or re-mixes (unless someone's as good as those Star Wars ninjas).
I first heard it on 8-track cassette.
Also had vinyl, CD, iTunes, etc...

The songs sound equally good none the less.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Everyone with such fascinating insight. What do you think technology or just plain access, (like access to the mix tracks for this) will have for us 10 yrs from now?
Attention futurists.
Paul I doubt will still be around, so dloading his mind and thus all the Beatle sessions to VR may not be possible?
Maybe someone will steal his brain after he dies, like Einstein. Then maybe they could cut it up into pieces and put a thin slice of his brain in the box with the remix album, as with the 'Lennon Wedding Album'.
Last edited by annode on Wed May 24, 2017 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'd like to know how Giles Martin got the job in the first place. Was there an interview process?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:I'd like to know how Giles Martin got the job in the first place. Was there an interview process?
Son of George Martin.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”