StiX : MultiSynthesis Drum Machine (v1.6 Released + Flash sales)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
StiX

simmo75 wrote:Thank BDeep, I appreciate your help.
That is exactly the method I've been trying, like Tiu said, it works everything else so it's probably a Stix issue.
I figured as much, was just trying to be sure. Well, I hope that Xils will come up with a solution, like you said, it works with everything else, so it must be Stix.

BDeep wrote:That's weird. In Live you have to send it (like you said) to another Midi track.
Just to be sure:
- Create new midi track
In the i/o menu of the new midi track
- select the track with Stix in the first box under "Midi From"
- select Stix in the second box (it's after pre and post fx)
- and you should be able to record Stix output in the Midi channel

Make sure you use the VST version of Stix and not the AU one.

Btw, this is generic for Live. If this doesn't work then I'm afraid it's something with Stix and I can't help (I don't own it so can't test it).

Good luck :)
Thanks Bdeep.

To Simmo75 : Be sure, addtionnaly, that you have enabled Midi Recording in StiX itself (by clicking the record button I was mentioning in the previous thread)

If you have done it, then it's probably a bug, and we'll test it more in depth and try to find a solution.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:
BDeep wrote:That's weird. In Live you have to send it (like you said) to another Midi track.
Just to be sure:
- Create new midi track
In the i/o menu of the new midi track
- select the track with Stix in the first box under "Midi From"
- select Stix in the second box (it's after pre and post fx)
- and you should be able to record Stix output in the Midi channel

Make sure you use the VST version of Stix and not the AU one.

Btw, this is generic for Live. If this doesn't work then I'm afraid it's something with Stix and I can't help (I don't own it so can't test it).

Good luck :)
Thanks Bdeep.

To Simmo75 : Be sure, addtionnaly, that you have enabled Midi Recording in StiX itself (by clicking the record button I was mentioning in the previous thread)

If you have done it, then it's probably a bug, and we'll test it more in depth and try to find a solution.
I've got it working, I don't know what i was doing wrong, maybe i wasn't selecting Stix in the Pre/Post fade input. Thanks so much for your help Lotuzia and BDeep!!! I'm now a very happy man :phones:

The 'load kit' seems a little off with the latest 1.0.2 beta on Windows, guessing it's meant to show just one ticked box by the currently loaded kit, but it seems to remember all the previous kits you tried in every kit section/genre:

Last edited by mcbpete on Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:27 am, edited 3 times in total.

Not really into drum machines but a few days ago, while flipping around YouTube looking for PolyM demos, I stumbled upon a demo Lotuzia did with this thing.

All I can say is, wow. Very, very cool drum machine. Quite honestly, I have never seen anything so versatile in my life and at the same time so intuitively easy.

If I was into drum machines, I'd probably buy this thing. Actually, one day when I have some extra cash to spend (yeah, like that ever happens LOL) I might still get this thing.

Lotuzia, great job on the demo and showing what this thing can do.

mcbpete wrote:The 'load kit' seems a little off with the latest 1.0.2 beta on Windows, guessing it's meant to show just one ticked box by the currently loaded kit, but it seems to remember all the previous kits you tried in every kit section/genre:

Thanks. Noted.

BTW : The current beta version fixes the important following bug : existing hits getting an offset/shift, and/or not showing properly after the number of steps per beat has been changed for one line of the sequencer in the 'step per beat' page.

This has been fixed for StiX CM version also.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

wagtunes wrote:Not really into drum machines but a few days ago, while flipping around YouTube looking for PolyM demos, I stumbled upon a demo Lotuzia did with this thing.

All I can say is, wow. Very, very cool drum machine. Quite honestly, I have never seen anything so versatile in my life and at the same time so intuitively easy.

If I was into drum machines, I'd probably buy this thing. Actually, one day when I have some extra cash to spend (yeah, like that ever happens LOL) I might still get this thing.

Thanks WT :)

And more (much more) will come for StiX over time. I'm working on this atm.

Lotuzia wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Not really into drum machines but a few days ago, while flipping around YouTube looking for PolyM demos, I stumbled upon a demo Lotuzia did with this thing.

Are you saying there's going to be updates to the software or more demos? Just want to clarify.

Also, loving this more and more each time I listen to it. The flexibility of this thing is mind blowing.

Puts drum machines of the 80s to shame.

wagtunes wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:

Are you saying there's going to be updates to the software or more demos? Just want to clarify.

Also, loving this more and more each time I listen to it. The flexibility of this thing is mind blowing.

Puts drum machines of the 80s to shame.
Well there's a point update atm ( still in beta, but public beta)
I mean more features, and exceptional content, ie not only the usual and already served a hundred times vintage units, but rare to very rare AND interesting material.
New demos will probably be needed to showcase all this though. Tbh, I'm under the feeling that additional demos would also be welcomed usefull to help people understanding some of the things that are already there in StiX, and how they are unique and can serve musicians.

Lotuzia wrote:Tbh, I'm under the feeling that additional demos would also be welcomed usefull to help people understanding some of the things that are already there in StiX, and how they are unique and can serve musicians.
I bought StiX in April 2016 and I still would love to see more tutorials and demos.
So I fully support that statement!

By accident, I saw on the Xils web site that there is an update for Stix.
What has changed?
What are the future plans for development?

Why does the Xils forum still not work?
So many questions...

nevis wrote:By accident, I saw on the Xils web site that there is an update for Stix.
What has changed?
The changelog is usually below the download link, in this instance:
OSX : AAX 32 bts working for Protools 10.3
Windows iLok : license not recognised in rare cases issue fixed.
Random crashes issue are fixed
Cubase 8-9 OSX: no more blacklisted
MIDI CC assignation/learning (broken on the previous beta): fixed
Issue when programming the number of step per beat : fixed

Thanks, mcbpete. I saw that.
I was hoping more had changed considering the time gone past.

I am not really happy with the plugin, so my questions are a chance for the developers to convince me otherwise before selling Stix.

I've definitely got to use it more, usually just spend 10 minutes clicking the random kit button and the random drum pattern and go "Woah those sure are some wild noises!", then close it again !

nevis wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:Tbh, I'm under the feeling that additional demos would also be welcomed usefull to help people understanding some of the things that are already there in StiX, and how they are unique and can serve musicians.
I bought StiX in April 2016 and I still would love to see more tutorials and demos.
So I fully support that statement!
What subjects would you like to be covered in tutorials ?

I have some ideas about some, but I think it's worth asking since something that I find obvious might actually not be that obvious for some users.

Return to “Instruments”