Dead Duck Software - opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Classic Instruments Free Effects

Yes, thank you Steve!
Gaslighting...is a form of mental abuse in which information is twisted or spun, selectively omitted to favor the abuser, or false information is presented with the intent of making victims doubt their own memory, perception, and sanity.

Great stuff, thanks! They also look good. Very basic, but nice design and good contrast. I will put them to the test :)
I never make mistakes; I just blame others.

Yes, many thanks for this plugin collection. The limiter will definitely be useful. The phaser is very nice sounding too. I very much like the gui's and it's always good to have a compressor with sidechain - makes it far more useful.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Instant profoundly convinced me:
"All the ducks are swimming in the water..."

Really cool and generous releases,
added to Freeware VSTeffects roundup 64-bit, thank you !
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

The EQ sounds great and is quick to use. Smoothed out some electric guitar harshness better than PTEQX. It's staying in my go-tos. Have not tried the other plugins yet.
Last edited by heyheycnv on Wed May 24, 2017 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks again for all the kind words. :)

Just a note for Tracktion users, there seems to be an issue with the effects which causes crashes in at least T5 and possibly T6 (I've not tested T7 or Waveform but these could be affected too). I believe I have a fix for this so once it's cleared testing I'll be issuing an update, probably within a day or so.

Cheers,

Steve

Only had a quick go with the Synths so far. I like them.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Not used it but i like the name...

Planning on trying the channel strip later today. And it will be nice to have JX10 with a GUI.

I think it's a great no nonsense package of usable tools.
Thank you Dead Duck Software.

I just tested it because I was curious. This is like bread and butter stuff. Easy to use and does the job. The whole package contain Everything you need :tu: For guy's and gals starting out I would say this is a perfect start kit because it's straight to the Point and without a lot of extra stuff.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Had some 30 min and Jessas,
wonderful world of "no cpu hit and does the job".

How can a reverb act reverb-ish without hitting cpu at all ?
It wouldn`t be my 1st choice but a hair of it and there`s a room.

The channelstrip is my fav, comes even with a mix knob, superb freebie.

I agree, a nice free bread and butter package, every plugin makes sense
and budget peeps / youngsters shouldn`t think twice.

It`s a little festival for me to see talented devs now and then
and share what`s there without some Jambalaya Jambo like registration requests.

Now, a dead duck challenges some purchases ... hmmm

Out of curiosity, Steve, do you have a roadmap where you want to go with it ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

I tried to try some of the effects but unfortunately they crashed Sonar's VST Scan every time. (Sonar Platinum 64 bit, Windows 7). :(

EDIT
When I kept copied the whole folder Dead Duck Effects Bundle to my plugin folder, rather than individual dlls, everything was fine. :)

The Dead Duck Effects Bundle has been updated to 1.0.1 and can be downloaded from the KVR product page.

This update is entirely to address the Tracktion crashing issues so there are no other changes. If you're not using Tracktion there's no real need to update other than to be up to date.
Omkar wrote:Out of curiosity, Steve, do you have a roadmap where you want to go with it ?
There's no roadmap as present, other than maintaining the two free bundles I've just released. My priority at the moment is to get them stabilised and working in as many DAWs as possible and possibly expand them a little; I've still one or two extra effects that need to be debugged before they can be released and there's been a couple of requests for the mda Pianos so maybe it'd be nice to add them to the instrument bundle.

mda Pianos :) Yes please.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”