Xhun Audio LittleOne : version 4.x Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LittleOne

Vocel wrote:Is it the right place to recommend a brand new FREE bank for LittleOne v3? Analog FREEgures: 110 presets.

Hope you enjoy, download for free: http://www.stawczyk.com/analog.php
Sure, a special thank you to Daniel :tu:
bruno @ Xhun Audio || www.xhun-audio.com || Twitter || Instagram

e-musician wrote:
egbert101 wrote: Sorry, I don't understand your post. It is different, obviously. If you're looking for compatibility then use the old version. :hihi: The new version is a completely redesigned sound engine. So yeah, it sounds different, it sounds better. :hihi:
Hi egbert101,
yes, compatibility was more or less the point. I was really surprised how different the legacy presets sound on the new engine. And yes, there is still the possibility of using both versions, the old one and the new one. Or, as Bruno suggested, trying to recreate the old sounds on LO3. And, of course, LO3 IS a great synth.

@xhunaudio
Thanks for replying so quickly. Is there any chance of having two insert and send slots each in a future update (so delay and reverb can be used at the same time)? And, again, thumbs up for your great work and efforts!
Hi e-musician,

I don't think things will go in that direction... New effect processors could always be added in the rack with further updates, but they will maintain the insert/send distinction for FX1/2. After you spend a few time creating a LittleOne preset, you'll notice you can reach very (((wide))) sounds using only one processor for the FX2 slot, the reverb OR the delay unit, no need to use both simultaneously.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

A great thank you Daniel, for this free and yet amazing bank!
:hug:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Just a short post to tell how much I love this demo made by Katsunori UJIIE
(どうもありがとうございます克典 !), Japanese composer and virtuoso keyboardist (for me he is the Japanese equivalent to Jordan Rudess), who is a great lover of Bruno's instruments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuKLYRxWZHU

Off-topic: For those who don't know him... his demonstration of IronAxe a few years ago was amazing too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBprZajoqc0
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

xhunaudio wrote:
Vocel wrote:Is it the right place to recommend a brand new FREE bank for LittleOne v3? Analog FREEgures: 110 presets.

Hi Bruno,

Is there a way we use the free analog presets in your present manager instead of having to load every time?

Cheers.

xhunaudio wrote:
Currently LittleOne is available as an instrument only. By the way, now that you said it to me, the VST3 specification doesn't discriminate instruments from effects. I never tried, but *maybe* current version of LittleOne VST3 plugin (32-bit and 64-bit) can be used as an effect processor in a VST3 compatible host (not valid for VST2 and AU plugins)...
That would be very nice!
The "onboard" chorus is the fattest I know :)
The average bored guy

simmo75 wrote:
xhunaudio wrote:

Hi Bruno,

Is there a way we use the free analog presets in your present manager instead of having to load every time?

Cheers.
Hi !

Currently only the Factory and 1st party Expansions presets are accessible from the Menu !

The LOAD button instead, loads everything (compatible).

Sneak preview : additional 1st and 3rd party expansions/soundbanks for LittleOne are coming soon...

Update : the next update for LittleOne (obviously available for free) will be released within June 4th. It will bring all fixes for issues that currently may occur on some Hosts.

At first by the way, just a big thank you to all people who supported me in the passed days, I'm sincerely very glad you appreciated LittleOne ! Thank you :) , next update in a few days.

may I humbly ask what happened to the PLUS pack? will this be upgraded to work with LO3 ? and, yes, I like freegures ;)

Hi,

it seems Daniel discontinued PLUS soundbank, by the way I know he's working on a new soundbank for LittleOne (in addition to its Analog Freegures).

Hi,

ok, I did it as quick as I could, LittleOne version 3.0.5 is out and it brings a fix for the annoying issues that affected the previous version.

Now you can use LittleOne in your project, and save them, and reload them without stressing yourself :) All software status is now 100% preserved.

Using the software with any DAW/Host will always display the correct GUI section now, at plugin first run and/or at reset.

The Bonus Pack expansion (free add-on) is now correctly detected when installed and it is now possible to select presets using the presets menu. Bonus Pack is freely available for anyone, registered Users as well as people running the demo version of LittleOne.

And also the demo version has been slightly changed, as people asked also in this thread, now the sound is interrupted every 60 seconds, instead of 30 seconds, and the interrupting signal is now less loud.

The bass sounds are really nice :)
But the operation seems clumsy. I assume Moog only did it the way they did in order to save money on expensive knob controls. Why imitate that in software? Would have made more sense to replace the big knobs with simple, big displays and allowing the user to click + drag or hover + scroll values directly.

fluffy_little_something wrote:The bass sounds are really nice :)
But the operation seems clumsy. I assume Moog only did it the way they did in order to save money on expensive knob controls. Why imitate that in software? Would have made more sense to replace the big knobs with simple, big displays and allowing the user to click + drag or hover + scroll values directly.
Hi, :)
the reason is because I like that vintage interface, billions of hardware synths have such "limited" vintage interfaces. The adoption of that kind of interface also in a software emulation does not effectively affect or slow your workflow, even using a mouse. After 10 years of usage, maybe you "wasted" 60 seconds of your time. Making a software doesn't necessarily mean filling the screen with 1000s of knobs and faders. For "live" scenarios (for example) if you need to accede all the parametrs at the same time, you would use a MIDI controller and in that case all LittleOne parameters are accessible and tweakable at the same time via cc#xx messages.

Return to “Instruments”