Eh. Psp going back to PACE.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hivkorn wrote:
DrumAddict wrote:
ferranastals wrote:
As always legit users (like me) are the most affected for bad implementations of copy protections, because warez users use a better version than me.
Good job psp
an legit user which looks like very well informed whats cracked .

personal if ive reading your message i higly dont believe that , that you are an legit user .
+1
Guys, it's the exact opposite from how it looks for me. DrumAddict and hivkorn, you two are the very suspicious looking here in this context.

Why? Because you act like children, who quickly point at a single point to distract and thus distance themselves from possibly being caught themselves. Basic psychology 101. Anybody with kids will probably recognize this pattern (and you see this behavior in the normal work space, among adults, as well).

The fact is: It's not at all uncommon to be informed. I too know pretty well what is cracked and what is not. It isn't exactly a difficult thing to do (granted, I get asked to check and report every once in a while).

I think part of the original point was that if PSP want to go iLok due to protection, then they are wasting their money and time. They could simply develop a much easier copy protection system than the one they are currently using. A very simple serial number thing or heck, no protection at all with the user info watermarked into the plugin .dll file. Yes, it would get cracked.. but it already is, and if they go iLok, then it still will be. So there's nothing to lose yet everything to gain from a customer standpoint.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

^^^ The point was that cracked versions are better than the paid for. Who uses what is none of nobody's business.

bmanic wrote:
hivkorn wrote:
DrumAddict wrote:
ferranastals wrote:
As always legit users (like me) are the most affected for bad implementations of copy protections, because warez users use a better version than me.
Good job psp

personal if ive reading your message i higly dont believe that , that you are an legit user .
+1
Guys, it's the exact opposite from how it looks for me. DrumAddict and hivkorn, you two are the very suspicious looking here in this context.

Why? Because you act like children, who quickly point at a single point to distract and thus distance themselves from possibly being caught themselves. Basic psychology 101. Anybody with kids will probably recognize this pattern (and you see this behavior in the normal work space, among adults, as well).

The fact is: It's not at all uncommon to be informed. I too know pretty well what is cracked and what is not. It isn't exactly a difficult thing to do (granted, I get asked to check and report every once in a while).

I think part of the original point was that if PSP want to go iLok due to protection, then they are wasting their money and time. They could simply develop a much easier copy protection system than the one they are currently using. A very simple serial number thing or heck, no protection at all with the user info watermarked into the plugin .dll file. Yes, it would get cracked.. but it already is, and if they go iLok, then it still will be. So there's nothing to lose yet everything to gain from a customer standpoint.

Honnestly i don't care...
I know how these things are done , and it s out of skill of simple user.

. nevermind

bmanic wrote:A very simple serial number thing or heck, no protection at all with the user info watermarked into the plugin .dll file. Yes, it would get cracked.. but it already is, and if they go iLok, then it still will be. So there's nothing to lose yet everything to gain from a customer standpoint.
Watermarking is probably not feasible going forward. Both MS and Apple are cracking down on unsigned binaries for security reasons. This was one of the reasons Madrona Labs changed their watermarked protection scheme to a simple key unlock.
Last edited by sprnva on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image

DrumAddict wrote:
ferranastals wrote:
Good job psp

So you got internet in the Ozarks? :o

Just don't forget to clean your guns amidst all your excitement to be able to talk to us civilized folks here...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I actually like the ilok as a copy protection, if I have reinstall I don't have to do anything else except plug in my ilok key. I have a spare key and zdt incase of any accidents which thankfully I've never needed.

The bad side is the increased cost which surely is passed onto use at some point and as a copy protection it is ineffective having been defeated some time ago by the crackers. Then again I think every copy protection scheme except the Steinberg Elicenser has been cracked recently so whatever developers decide to use will be defeated at some point by the looks of it.

sprnva wrote:
bmanic wrote:A very simple serial number thing or heck, no protection at all with the user info watermarked into the plugin .dll file. Yes, it would get cracked.. but it already is, and if they go iLok, then it still will be. So there's nothing to lose yet everything to gain from a customer standpoint.
Watermarking is probably not feasible going forward. Both MS and Apple are cracking down on unsigned binaries for security reasons. This was one of the reasons Madrona Labs changed their watermarked protection scheme to a simple key unlock.
Ah.. good point. I didn't know about that. It's understandable.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I can see it now... new copy protection from the folks at Sony: Genusign!

Automagically compiles your code for new customers with custom perfectly legit signed binaries.
Only takes a 100% cut! How generous, right?

But nah, I'd love to see something like that done reasonably. Game devs already surrender their code bases to Denuvo for whatever shit that obfuscation does. Yeah so why not give it up for a watermark instead? And you get less customer suspicion since they know what's going on with it. None of this "denuvo ate my hard drive" bullshit.

Too bad on adding Ilok. Was a big fan of the PSP license/key installer. Had to reinstall 8 plugins purchased the past couple of years only last month when I got a new computer. Simple and done with just a click.

Not interested at this point in giving another company more personal information, control and my time when there are still so many good to great non Ilok plug ins out there. PSP vsts are great too but who needs more red light cameras in the world.

Why don't they make it so the plugin breaks each time you use it and you have to action a new, cloud-generated unlock code every time. Sounds amazing! So convenient! Let's do it. :party:

EMBRACE the PACE. PACE is GREAT!!!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote:EMBRACE the PACE. PACE is GREAT!!!
:ud: My experience says otherwise...

MogwaiBoy wrote:Why don't they make it so the plugin breaks each time you use it and you have to action a new, cloud-generated unlock code every time. Sounds amazing! So convenient! Let's do it. :party:
Perfect! Sign me up coach!

How does watermarking stop software being cracked and shared ?
By the time a watermark is being used to see who the files originated from it's already too late, is it not ?

Return to “Effects”