Acustica Audio still does not allow license transfers and violates European laws

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:
poshook wrote: Moreover Acustica Audio did not provide any adequate reason or explanation for that.

:x :evil: :evil: :evil:
This is simply false
The explanation is very clear
http://www.acustica-audio.com/forum/ind ... =viewtopic
Why do you even bother! Simply focus on your products. You already said everything needed. Residental KVR idiots will always find a way to split hairs and to troll on you.

Just leave it as it is and move on.

I understand that you are defending your own company but other normal people already responded to OP, then you did and it is not enough. Now we are not far from conspiracy theory or something trust me just ignore at this point.

Fleer wrote:
Zaphod (giancarlo) wrote:That's an idea. We could move directly to USA though, there is a running plan about it...
Wouldn't solve the issue. If you sell to EU customers then EU consumer law applies.
Amazon knows. Apple knows. Furthermore, a high transfer fee would not solve your problem either, as this would be seen as an attempt to circumvent applicable EU legislation. The only solution would be not to sell to EU customers.
We'll check with lawyers what is applicable or not about the transfer fee... Dealing with frauds require work, we have spent in those cases an incredible amount of time, mails, phone calls
Also limiting our collateral services could be a good idea. Basically you buy a product, but the fact we provide updates or not is something on our discretion, at least on the paper. But again we need to check with lawyers, it seems Europe is creating a lot of problems and yes, the idea of stop selling in Europe is NOT so bad today, I agree. Today we have sky rocket costs in Europe due to vats and moss procedures; the intersection with PayPal which is on the customer side and reverts or blocs the transaction as soon as a customer complains something or there is a fraud is causing a lot of problems which mean work which mean money. Add a detail, most of our market is USA alone...
Last problem: we are able to understand if a transaction is risky, but there are rules about privacy and other things, which make everything a big mess.

At the moment the transfer "product" is suspended but it will back with proper rules
We moved products manually to other accounts when requested though, or we added license slots when requested, I would say we are on the customer side more often then other companies on accomplishing requests (we substituted products... sometimes we even provided products for free and so on)

An other solution could be warning the customer about possible frauds and removing licenses when they happen without helping the customer in this unfortunate case: in the long term it stabilizes the market against frauds because the customer is forced to check if the seller is not good. Also PayPal is more structured against frauds lately, I see many transactions are in "hold"' state and they are manually checking strange payments more often then in the past
Just curious...what is "Vats and moss procedures"?

AA products are exceptionally good, but maybe they should think only of those and hire a good public relations officer. :scared:

Faland wrote:AA products are exceptionally good, but maybe they should think only of those and hire a good public relations officer. :scared:
And a marketing manager who takes care of the dealer contracts as well. :tu:

kmonkey wrote:Why do you even bother! Simply focus on your products. You already said everything needed. Residental KVR idiots will always find a way to split hairs and to troll on you.

Just leave it as it is and move on.

I understand that you are defending your own company but other normal people already responded to OP, then you did and it is not enough. Now we are not far from conspiracy theory or something trust me just ignore at this point.
License transfers are NOT optional, i.e. they are MANDATORY. European laws do NOT allow 'temporary' suspension of license transfers. Acustica Audio has been violating European laws for two years. But hey, they will consult a lawyer and think what to do next.

Were you born stupid or had an accident or not paying attention?

Breval wrote:Is this new or old?
http://acustica-audio.com/index.php?pag ... Itemid=189

License Transfer
By Acustica Audio in collaboration with ( Acustica Audio )
€50.00
License transfer.
Use this transaction only to transfer your license to an other user.
You must initiate the product transfer as the current owner of the product license.
The receiver of the license (transferee) cannot initiate this process.
Please read our policy here.
Payment: We accept all major Credit & Debit Card Via Paypal:
Is that for one plugin or for one transfer with many plugins included?

Too bad software developers think so negatively about license transfers; just as a loss of a sale as opposed to the fact they have a new customer who might buy more of their products.

A good example of this is AcousticSamples where I purchased a used license for the B-5. Within a week I had picked up the Wurli and will be grabbing the 73 as well in a week or two. I most likely would have not bought anything off them since they have no demos (hard to do with samples sets) and I would not want buy anything full price with no demo. If there had been a sale when I needed the B-5, I might have bought it without the demo because they honour license transfers and I would have been able to recoup some of my losses if I had not liked it or found it to be problematic with my system.

A lot of developers are still violating the law. Whatever their problem is, it is their problem and they need to fix it so they can comply with the law. I assume the problem is that customers don't take to the courts because that means a lot of trouble. So developers get away with it.

Then again, I think the court ruling as such was a bit problematic. They should have set a minimum price, below which transfers are not mandatory. Say, 50 euros. That would save a lot of small developers a lot of work and customers would not lose a lot of money if they can't sell a plugin that cost only 30 or 40 euros to begin with.
But when you are stuck with a 150-euro software you no longer use while you need to buy something else and can't, it is annoying.

For the time being, there should be a website that blacklists all software companies that are known to violate EU law, so potential customers can check the list before they buy expensive software.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Wed May 24, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Acustica Audio = great products but rude customer communication.
It is what it is, take it or leave it.

I've been a Nebula 3 Pro user for more than 10 years and I just ignore the 'blunt' tone of the developer and his staff.

dark water wrote:Acustica Audio = great products but rude customer communication.

I've been a Nebula 3 Pro user for more than 10 years and I just ignore the 'blunt' tone of the developer and his staff.
Personally, I'll leave it. I have a few of their products and yes they are quite good...but there is also a lot of other gear just as good by companies that seem to be able to treat their customers better.

License Transfer
€50.00
License transfer.
You must initiate the product transfer as the current owner of the product license.
So, no answer to my question from the Acustica rep here?

Since you're advertising & selling this from your website what if someone purchased.? You'd be held accountable to uphold the sale, correct?

Breval wrote:

License Transfer
€50.00
License transfer.
So, no answer to my question from the Acustica rep here?

Since you're advertising & selling this from your website what if someone purchased.? You'd be held accountable to uphold the sale, correct?
I would say that this is direction where AA is going to move.

dark water wrote:Acustica Audio = great products but rude customer communication.

We try to explain straight to all questions.
Please note I was accused to be a liar.
At this point I'll shut up
It doesn't matter if we try to be nice adding licenses when someone needs them. It doesn't matter if we try to refund all unhappy customers, even after the number of days the EU tells us. It doesn't matter if we exchange products for free when the customer needs something better. It doesn't matter if we try to satisfy ALL request we receive, even if most of time we receive very poor nice words. It doesn't matter if I tried to be nice answering politely to the accuse of being a liar or a bad manager. It doesn't matter we provided free updated and upgrades. Other companies are "better". I'm a liar and even a bad representative for the company. The company should be "backlisted". Maybe we don't keep promises. The only mistake is that I try to speak with you, maybe i should do like most of other companies are doing, they are often just 2-3 guys or less and the ceo never answers to anybody, there is no risk to being involved in this mess.
Better if I stop answering to customers, I'll use my time in a better way.
Guys we don't provide license transfer today, if you think your rights are not respected I encourage to not buy anything from us. Let me tell you a short story, other people who asked something politely were satisfied in ANYTHING, way more than way the law enforces. I encourage all people calling me a liar to not be a customer any more
Poshook, I'll try to help you to sell ALL your products if you promise to me to not buy anything more from us. I consider the accuse of being a liar very seriously.
Have a nice day
Last edited by Zaphod (giancarlo) on Wed May 24, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My comment was general, I don't know your company.

I understand both sides, transfers have become a real pita for smaller software makers, on the other hand the law does exist. So, is it ok to violate it?
Maybe it would make more sense for developers to take to some EU courts and have that ruling undone or at least updated as suggested, introducing some reasonable price threshold.

It doesn't matter if we try to be nice adding licenses when someone needs them. It doesn't matter if we try to refund all unhappy customers, even after the number of days the EU tells us. It doesn't matter if we exchange products for free when the customer needs something better. It doesn't matter if we try to satisfy ALL request we receive, even if most of time we receive very poor nice words. It doesn't matter if I tried to be nice answering politely to the accuse of being a liar or a bad manager. It doesn't matter we provided free updated and upgrades. Other companies are "better". I'm a liar and even a bad representative for the company. The company should be "backlisted". Maybe we don't keep promises. The only mistake is that I try to speak with you, maybe i should do like most of other companies are doing, they are often just 2-3 guys or less and the ceo never answers to anybody, there is no risk to being involved in this mess.
Better if I stop answering to customers, I'll use my time in a better way.
Guys we don't provide license transfer today, if you think your rights are not respected I encourage to not buy anything from us. Let me tell you a short story, other people who asked something politely were satisfied in ANYTHING, way more than way the law enforces. I encourage all people calling me a liar to not be a customer any more
Poshook, I'll try to help you to sell ALL your products if you promise to me to not buy anything more from us. I consider the accuse of being a liar very seriously.
Have a nice day
That's exactly what I meant when I said you needed a good PR.
All the good things you do for your customers are frustrated by your way of communicating with them.
I follow your forum and you often do not use very accommodating ways as a result of legitimate requests from your users.
Simple questions that do not receive a response for weeks, you sometimes harshly treat those users who do not appreciate your products or have difficulty installing and using them.
Probably many times you're right, but your attitude puts you on the wrong side.
Remember that for many customers and potential customers no matter if you're a liar, it's enough that you seem a liar to stay away from your products. It's not kicking out the people you can prove to be no liar. I believe you, but how many others will believe what you say if you respond badly to your own customers?
Dealing with customers is an art, just like programming great software plugins. Let this be done to someone who has studied the subject and can value all that your company gives to clients. It is only damaging for you to quarrel with them on forums or think not to sell more your products in Europe. It seems to me that you speak without thinking about the consequences. You have fantastic products, but you are not the only one to have them, so more moderation and patience can do miracles. Bold your tongue and just think about improving the plugins.
Telling your customers not to buy more of your own products does not seem to me a wise move. Whether you are right or not.
This is just a friend's advice, not a controversy.
Last edited by Faland on Wed May 24, 2017 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”