New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

goleat wrote:
waltercruz wrote:Latest version of The Mangle is 1.1?
Latest version of The Mangle is 1.1.1
So where is this update available? I never received an email either.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

There is one email Tom sent right after the launch of 1.1 (titled "Redownload your Mangle files..."), mentioning some bugs, with a new build to be (re)downloaded.

I guess that is "1.1.1".

pottering wrote:There is one email Tom sent right after the launch of 1.1 (titled "Redownload your Mangle files..."), mentioning some bugs, with a new build to be (re)downloaded.

I guess that is "1.1.1".
Ok, I received that one.
It's easy if you know how

I haven't read through the thread here so apologies if i'm asking dumb questions..
Has The Mangle been abandoned by the dev? I'm really intrigued by the synth but have had no replies to any emails i've sent.

Seems too good a synth to just Abandon so i hope i'm wrong.

Cheers!

simmo75 wrote:I haven't read through the thread here so apologies if i'm asking dumb questions..
Has The Mangle been abandoned by the dev? I'm really intrigued by the synth but have had no replies to any emails i've sent.

Seems too good a synth to just Abandon so i hope i'm wrong.

Cheers!
i've never gotten a reply when i tried to reach out with questions, the last version was buggy and it ended up irritating me so much that I haven't even opened it in months (and months). it could have been really cool though.

but to be fair, some people have been able to make it work for them and they use it all the time.
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/

Yeah it's a real shame.

The dev is non responsive but The Mangle works fine for me. I've managed to make a whole library for it with no problems.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... 50-samples

Doesnt sound so good, sorry...

wagtunes wrote:There is no member's area. If you lost your original purchase email (I did but fortunately have the update email) your SOL as far as downloading again in case of a system crash or anything like that.
I still have my original purchase email, but the link is no longer valid. I probably purchased it after the update, so I have no update email.

I haven't been able to get any response from him either after weeks of emailing. Not being funny, but is he alive still?

journey33 wrote:I haven't been able to get any response from him either after weeks of emailing. Not being funny, but is he alive still?
Yes, see my post on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=464344&start=375

However, whether he is 'dead' to his customers is a moot point...

Huh... I was just thinking of maybe purchasing this... maybe not a good idea of the developer is AWOL?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

^^ It works on some computers.
It may or may not ever get an update.
We may or may not ever hear from the dev again.
You pays your money...

dark water wrote:^^ It works on some computers.
It may or may not ever get an update.
We may or may not ever hear from the dev again.
You pays your money...
Oh, OK. Seems to work fine on my computer. For $20... that's less than a lot of preset packs, so what can you expect?
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Indeed, and in fairness it offers something different and also sounds good.
Not sure I've used it enough to know if it's irritatingly buggy or not yet though.
It's a game of chance!

Return to “Instruments”