UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

_TIP_ wrote:Hey UVI, are we going to see any more updates in the future? It's been a long time, don't you thing?
1.3.0 is online
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

The new Rotary FX has presets from the previous (Legacy) Rotary FX. So new Rotary FX preset changes do not work.
The saved new preset is OK.

Previous Rotary FX presets need to be moved to the previous Rotary FX.

AcidMoon wrote:The new Rotary FX has presets from the previous (Legacy) Rotary FX. So new Rotary FX preset changes do not work.

epic fail.
Will fix this right away...
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

AcidMoon wrote:The new Rotary FX has presets from the previous (Legacy) Rotary FX. So new Rotary FX preset changes do not work.

Please download it back. Should be fine now.
Older version of rotary will have the new presets, (nothing I can do about this), but it do not make sense to use it anymore so...
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Elenesski wrote:I've decided not to buy Falcon at this time. While I can see it has some very powerful features, the inability to program the arpeggiator to a work with an external groove is a major deal breaker.

The manual states "RESOLUTION sets the beat value of each step, from 32 bars down to 64th note triplet. STEP LENGTH sets the duration of the trigger within the step duration; the lower the Step Length value, the more staccato each step will be. A Step Length Value >100% will result in each note slightly overlapping the next note. GROOVE AMOUNT [% knob] chooses the amount of swing applied to the grid."

If I was only doing a style music, where quantized 1/16th notes or triplets is good enough, with some kind of manual automated swing, perhaps it's okay ... but if I have a jazz groove, there is no way for me to sync material coming from other parts of my DAW to work with this instrument. The fact that I cannot even manually program this is even more of a disappointment.

I'll reconsider Falcon *if* they update their VST with a feature like this. This isn't a unique feature. RMX/midi file -> Omnisphere/Trillian has this feature (it's called Groove Lock). You can also drag a RMX/midi file into it's modulation window and get modulation timing that way. Alchemy had/has it too though you had to tweak it at times. Ableton Live has a groove feature, but you cannot use it to drive it's arpeggiator. I'm sure there are other VSTs that can do this, but they aren't in my arsenal.
New update still no groove lock?

Yay! A new version! Thanks for the update Uvi! :-)

focusrite wrote:New update still no groove lock?
Nope. To be honest, at that point I would start using external arpeggiators. :)

focusrite wrote:
Elenesski wrote:I've decided not to buy Falcon at this time. While I can see it has some very powerful features, the inability to program the arpeggiator to a work with an external groove is a major deal breaker.

The manual states "RESOLUTION sets the beat value of each step, from 32 bars down to 64th note triplet. STEP LENGTH sets the duration of the trigger within the step duration; the lower the Step Length value, the more staccato each step will be. A Step Length Value >100% will result in each note slightly overlapping the next note. GROOVE AMOUNT [% knob] chooses the amount of swing applied to the grid."

If I was only doing a style music, where quantized 1/16th notes or triplets is good enough, with some kind of manual automated swing, perhaps it's okay ... but if I have a jazz groove, there is no way for me to sync material coming from other parts of my DAW to work with this instrument. The fact that I cannot even manually program this is even more of a disappointment.

I'll reconsider Falcon *if* they update their VST with a feature like this. This isn't a unique feature. RMX/midi file -> Omnisphere/Trillian has this feature (it's called Groove Lock). You can also drag a RMX/midi file into it's modulation window and get modulation timing that way. Alchemy had/has it too though you had to tweak it at times. Ableton Live has a groove feature, but you cannot use it to drive it's arpeggiator. I'm sure there are other VSTs that can do this, but they aren't in my arsenal.
New update still no groove lock?
As another Omnisphere owner .... please add groove Lock

UVI, listen to your customers :x you guys are focusing on useless sound libraries (meanwhile Kontakt owns the whole entire market and actually killing it), adding thorus or rotary into falcon is not going to make a big difference for us ... You know what to do, we are all requesting the same features and you just ignore us for about 2 years... That was it for me, I was waiting for one more update hoping to see if you guys going to add FM from another OSC option, multicore support, global undo, fix the PDC on those dynamic fx like the maximizer, or just add any of those basic features we are all asking for so long. You give me no choice but to sell my copy before you drop version 2 out of the blue and make v1.x worth nothing. In my opinion, those are few of the reasons that Falcon didn't have much success comparing to Serum or VPS Avenger. Goodbye UVI!

Just for balance

Thank you for the free update, the best gets better. We have had a lot of free updates and I realy appreciate it.

---------
- Add new Rotary FX
- fix first transient handling in IRCAM Stretch
- fix per voice Boost init in Xpander Filter
- fix rise time in LFO with non zero phase
- fix issue with bipolar multiEnvelope in some cases - add basic AnaMark tuning (.tun) support
- fix possible click when modulating Analog ADSR sustain
Last edited by SLiC on Fri May 26, 2017 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

_TIP_ wrote:UVI, listen to your customers :x you guys are focusing on useless sound libraries (meanwhile Kontakt owns the whole entire market and actually killing it), adding thorus or rotary into falcon is not going to make a big difference for us ...
Speak for yourself, I like the new sound libraries and adding thorus or rotary into Falcon is very welcome. While I agree that certain things are still needed (multicore especially for me) they are not deal killers for me so please make 'I' statements not 'we' statements to express your opinions, you do not represent all users.

Agreed. Thank you for the free update. I appreciate it. :clap:
SLiC wrote:Just for balance

Thank you for the free update, the best gets better. We have had a lot of free updates and I realy appreciate it.

---------
- Add new Rotary FX
- fix first transient handling in IRCAM Stretch
- fix per voice Boost init in Xpander Filter
- fix rise time in LFO with non zero phase
- fix issue with bipolar multiEnvelope in some cases - add basic AnaMark tuning (.tun) support
- fix possible click when modulating Analog ADSR sustain

aMUSEd wrote: Speak for yourself, I like the new sound libraries and adding thorus or rotary into Falcon is very welcome. While I agree that certain things are still needed (multicore especially for me) they are not deal killers for me so please make 'I' statements not 'we' statements to express your opinions, you do not represent all users.
1st) I speak for my self and all the users that are not happy with the slow and wrong direction updates (obviously you are not in that list...)
2nd) Thorus and rotary are very welcome for sure, just a personal opinion that I would prefer all the other stuff instead.
3rd) Who you think you are to tell me to use "I" and not "We" when I post something? I wouldn't care less if you disagree with what I wrote above and at the end of the day I didn't include your name in my post and I didn't say that I represent all the users, wow, how did you come up with all that?)
I personally respect your opinion and it would be nice if you would do the same :D

I do respect your opinion and thought I'd made that clear (but perhaps not well enough), but I also thought 'who do you think you are' to speak for everyone, which is how it came across to me. If that was not your intention then fine, let's agree to disagree and move on :)

aMUSEd wrote:
_TIP_ wrote:UVI, listen to your customers :x you guys are focusing on useless sound libraries (meanwhile Kontakt owns the whole entire market and actually killing it), adding thorus or rotary into falcon is not going to make a big difference for us ...
Speak for yourself, I like the new sound libraries and adding thorus or rotary into Falcon is very welcome. While I agree that certain things are still needed (multicore especially for me) they are not deal killers for me so please make 'I' statements not 'we' statements to express your opinions, you do not represent all users.
+1 the the whole post

Return to “Instruments”