Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Here it is, one of the most famous commercials ever in history. All you get is a name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zfqw8nhUwA

:tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

It should be noted, that without the prematurely (really?) leaked info, this thread would be still full of just hot air. And counting all the buzzwords in the "real" info, there's quite some hot air in there too.

Just because something works often, does not mean it's a good thing. The problem with hype and viral marketing is, that it can and often will backfire. Deal with it! Overinflated egos of company reps are the next problem...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

Aloysius wrote:OMG Very nice pictures.
Yes really:
More than 50GB of sounds and over 2,000 presets
The Keyscape of synths? Synthscape? Synthsphere? Next extension 100 GB?

'Based on', not 'the'?

dreamkeeper wrote:It should be noted, that without the prematurely (really?) leaked info, this thread would be still full of just hot air. And counting all the buzzwords in the "real" info, there's quite some hot air in there too.

Just because something works often, does not mean it's a good thing. The problem with hype and viral marketing is, that it can and often will backfire. Deal with it! Overinflated egos of company reps are the next problem...
For that matter, any kind of marketing can fail. Ask all the failed startups and Coca Cola about "New" Coke.

If it was all a sure thing we'd all be millionaires. Just because something "might" not work doesn't mean you don't try it, especially when it's been proven in the past that it CAN work.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Wayne Gretzky

I have two questions:

1) Does the price include all of the content? The web page states "Syntronik includes 17 amazing instruments, available as a collection or separately," suggesting that you may have to purchase some of the content separately, a la the Custom Shop.

2) Can you use Jampoints toward the crossgrade price?

Thanks!

wagtunes wrote:
dreamkeeper wrote:It should be noted, that without the prematurely (really?) leaked info, this thread would be still full of just hot air. And counting all the buzzwords in the "real" info, there's quite some hot air in there too.

For that matter, any kind of marketing can fail. Ask all the failed startups and Coca Cola about "New" Coke.

If it was all a sure thing we'd all be millionaires. Just because something "might" not work doesn't mean you don't try it, especially when it's been proven in the past that it CAN work.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

Wayne Gretzky
Well, my point is more like: even IF and WHEN it works, you don't have to try it - because it might not do any good. "Works" here needs to be defined further: does it "work" for the company or for the customer or both?

Many people are seeing this all as a game, where the goal is to outsmart others. And "others" means customers in most cases. In fact, a lot of research is being done and many books have been written about how to pull a fast one on as many people as possible. Teaching that crap is considered a reputable occupation, and those who are best at applying it, are seen as heroes - almost religion-like...

It's quite sad really... we as humans should by now have developed beyond that shit - but we're still stuck in this competition-thinking instead of favouring cooperation. Oh well... move on, nothing to see here...
The hole is deeper than the hum of its farts

How can anyone trademark 'drift' ffs? It's what analog oscs do.

bharris22 wrote:I have two questions:

1) Does the price include all of the content? The web page states "Syntronik includes 17 amazing instruments, available as a collection or separately," suggesting that you may have to purchase some of the content separately, a la the Custom Shop.

2) Can you use Jampoints toward the crossgrade price?

Thanks!
1) You get all of the content described on the Syntronik web page. I'll see if that confusing part can be addressed.

2) Yes, you can use JamPoints toward the crossgrade price.

aMUSEd wrote:How can anyone trademark 'drift' ffs? It's what analog oscs do.
Once Apple successfully defended the copyright for inventing the rectangle, it's all fair game.
EDIT: Should have been patent, not copyright. Snarkyness for the digital age ridiculousness still applies.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

First, this is probably a great product and I will probably end up buying it ... but it is fun to riff on the marketing sometimes. I thought this was a funny read ...
IK’s DRIFT technology varies the phase, color and pitch
Now you can get those blue, red, green orange and amber wave forms, just like on real analog gear.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I once looked at the IK site and tried to decipher that "jampoints" bullshit and vowed never to do business with a company that used such a scamalicious system.

SODDI wrote:I once looked at the IK site and tried to decipher that "jampoints" bullshit and vowed never to do business with a company that used such a scamalicious system.
I hope that up to 30% off for returning customers by entering the amount of JamPoints you'd like to use into a form field during checkout isn't considered a scam. If the JamPoints page contains anything that you are having problems deciphering, please PM me and I'd be happy to assist with any questions you have with the program.

For example, loyal customers who have registered a product valued $99.99 or more can get the crossgrade pricing on Syntronik. If they've been a long-time customer with JamPoints from other purchases, they can get the crossgrade as low as $69.99.

Do the world need more emulations of old vintage synths? Sigh! I wish more dev's would create new and exiting synths rather than play safe. :borg:

Return to “Instruments”