Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

sfxsound3 wrote:The Keyscape of synths?
(er, I think that's called Omnisphere...)

Is a walkthrough on the way Peter? Would be nice to get more of a feel for the thing(s) in action.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
SODDI wrote:I once looked at the IK site and tried to decipher that "jampoints" bullshit and vowed never to do business with a company that used such a scamalicious system.
I hope that up to 30% off for returning customers by entering the amount of JamPoints you'd like to use into a form field during checkout isn't considered a scam. If the JamPoints page contains anything that you are having problems deciphering, please PM me and I'd be happy to assist with any questions you have with the program.

For example, loyal customers who have registered a product valued $99.99 or more can get the crossgrade pricing on Syntronik. If they've been a long-time customer with JamPoints from other purchases, they can get the crossgrade as low as $69.99.
I'm not as filled with vitriol about it, but I wish it was just a previous customer model, instead of Jam Points. This new product looks good, but owning Samplemoog from years ago, and having to decide between new FX or amp models for Amplitube is where Jam points fails. I mean I'm glad it's in combination with owning $99 or more etc. but it's always a choice when thinking about upgrading, for instance I ended up paying separately for Amplitube 4, even owning 3, Hendrix, Slash, and a ton of FX, because with no Jam points left it was cheaper to wait for the inevitable sale .. Recently purchased ARC so I have enough, but I'm debating, because I can always use more amp models... and this is basically a sample dependant competitor to Diva, which I own...

Also, I like how every manufacturer ignores the unique features in the Memorymoog and figures it will be covered by OBx and Minimoog modeling! It's such a huge profit oversight, it's actually kind of funny! Seriously it would be a no brainer purchase if the actual set up of a Memorymoogs filter was included, or voice modulation routing, voice stacking etc. instead of just the chip it uses... I am literally in awe at the near universal oversight in this regard. Not a poke at IK but the industry as a whole, a near universal runaway hit possibility that gets ignored.

noiseboyuk wrote: Is a walkthrough on the way Peter? Would be nice to get more of a feel for the thing(s) in action.
There are more videos coming, we just posted the first in a series that walks through the hardware synths included in Syntronik and will have more in this series and other types of videos that are more in-depth in Syntronik itself coming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEqXCtcvB3g

Will this be available in the Custom Shop?

It seems a nice product on paper and the sound examples seem good.

I think it's probably geared more towards songwriters (lots of presets, sample-based, uniform environment...) than synth-nerds. A solid "one-stop" solution makes sense if you're focused on writing.

I probably fall more into the synth-nerd category (I love tweaking synths), so I'm not the target customer for a product like this; but I think it makes a lot of sense for some kind of users.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

So I can no longer look forward to a faithful emulation of "knob" ? :roll:

:hihi:

sin night wrote:It seems a nice product on paper and the sound examples seem good.

I think it's probably geared more towards songwriters (lots of presets, sample-based, uniform environment...) than synth-nerds. A solid "one-stop" solution makes sense if you're focused on writing.

I probably fall more into the synth-nerd category (I love tweaking synths), so I'm not the target customer for a product like this; but I think it makes a lot of sense for some kind of users.
Astute observation, and exactly where I sit with it. I'm a composer, but I love tweaking a sound from the ground up. This is more a UVI sample library with interface, without owning Falcon, seems like more detail put in, but not as tweakable as Diva or the Arturia synths. Sure, might be truer to the sound of the originals, but I don't see deep programming here by the end user.

For a lot of people this will be more than enough though, and it's not that expensive, so good on them.

machinesworking wrote:
sin night wrote:It seems a nice product on paper and the sound examples seem good.

Astute observation, and exactly where I sit with it. I'm a composer, but I love tweaking a sound from the ground up. This is more a UVI sample library with interface, without owning Falcon, seems like more detail put in, but not as tweakable as Diva or the Arturia synths. Sure, might be truer to the sound of the originals, but I don't see deep programming here by the end user.

For a lot of people this will be more than enough though, and it's not that expensive, so good on them.
I think after SampleTank2 they really turned towards appealing more to the consumer and hobbyist than the 'professional'.. even though all of the products can and probably are used for commercial productions.

Not bashing, simple observance that the whole company feels like that to me these days.. but that is probably where the money is also!

I don't think that is bashing at all. It's fact. It's not that they don't make professional products (clearly they do) but they jumped on all the general consumer stuff ASAP. I was kind bummed about all the i-stuff because it seemed like the industry was simply going to move in that direction and leave everything else behind. Luckily that didn't happen (well, after the initial "flavor of the month" wore off )

More power to 'em, I'm sure they are all driving Bentley's :hihi:

Seems the "oscillators" can do two things: tune and detune.

As a sound designer who has essentially stopped buying synths for personal use, I wonder how much this will lend itself to that area or is it geared more to the user who's looking to pull up a quick preset and just do some tweaking on their own?

As an owner of over 100 VSTs, I really don't need another one for personal use. But I'll always consider something for business use.

Where did the 3rd Oscillator on the ARP2600 and the Minimoog go?
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

HunterKiller wrote:Where did the 3rd Oscillator on the ARP2600 and the Minimoog go?
It's BASED ON. It's a ROMpler. You want a CV input or two too, hmmm?

can't find this anywhere - is it available for purchase with Gear Credits?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:can't find this anywhere - is it available for purchase with Gear Credits?
At the moment, you can only pre-order it. It's not yet available for Gear Credits, as it looks.

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/syntronik/

Return to “Instruments”