PSP Audioware preQursor2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PSP sQuad

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

http://pspaudioware.com/plugins/equaliz ... reqursor2/
Dear PSP preQursor user,

We are pleased to announce the release of the our newest EQ plug-in: PSP preQursor2, the successor to PSP preQursor.

PSP preQursor2 introduces several new features:
• New GUI for more user friendly operation.
• Advanced Audio Modeling algorithm allowing for precise emulation of analog preamp and filter behaviour.
• Introduction of grouping for managing the Analog mode of grouped preQursor2 instances.
• Textual indications for knobs when editing controls.
• Can process side or stereo signals.

The crossgrade is free of charge for current users of PSP preQursor. After upgrading you can keep and use the old version on your DAW. Please keep in mind that new version is not backward compatible with the previous version, so it won’t automatically replace the old version in your projects. Since version 1 won’t supported or developed further we highly recommend that you start using PSP PreQursor2 in all your new projects.

In order to activate PSP preQursor2, you need an iLok user ID which you can create for free at https://www.ilok.com/, and you need to install the free iLok License Manager application.
A hardware USB iLok dongle is NOT required, however it is optional.
At least it's a free update. :)

Thanks for the good news.
Great thanks to PSP, and their great support, and superb quality.

Respect

Sad they're going iLok but man the description sounds intriguing...
PSP preQursor2 offers PSP’s uniquely designed filters with low resonance peaks for reduced ringing artefacts, great band separation, and narrow notching when attenuating. All four filters are bell-type filters when boosting, and have progressive Q factors.

The PSP preQursor2 introduces PSP's Advanced Analog Modelling of preamplifier and filters to accurately recreate an analog-like behavior. The analog modelling algorithm can be enabled and controlled per instance, or globally per group of instances. The latter allows for easy control of the amount of analog- like processing on either selected tracks or all tracks in the mix.

All these characteristics result in a processor that not only sounds excellent on acoustic tracks, overall mixes, or any other application, but also allows you to virtually create the input console for all tracks in your mix with easy and convenient controls. In every usage case, PSP preQursor2 will maintain the natural feel and definition of the material.

Just made one mix with this new version, and I can say it have more definition.
Old version sounds blurred in the mix when you insert this one side by side.

masterhiggins wrote:Surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.
Because only a few people care anymore :?

ferranastals wrote:
Because only a few people care anymore :?
this might be, but we don't know the numbers. :tu:

Only announced yesterday
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I would have tried it out when I got their email yesterday but you know....Ilok.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Only announced yesterday
Not sure if that's really a factor. When Slate or waves announces a plugin, someone usually posts about it within minutes.

I never purchased the first version of PreQursor and it was one of the few PSP plugins not in my VST collection. However, with my customer discount and the initial sale price, my total purchase price is below $20 for PreQursor2.

In light of the low price, I am definitely going to buy it before the sale ends.

Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I completely missed this one, and I've got V.1 :D
Thanks for this post! :)

Bigger GUI please, those numbers are really hard to see on the screen. (Freq numbers)
This one is even smaller from first version.
PSP, are you hear?

:scared: UGH! Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang: Ilok :bang:

Den* wrote:Bigger GUI please, those numbers are really hard to see on the screen. (Freq numbers)
This one is even smaller from first version.
PSP, are you hear?
Agree 100% Would love a vector UI! :)

Return to “Effects”