Hive Sequencer Midi Drag & Drop

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I´m using Hive to program sequences for my music and I need a way to drag and drop the created sequence from Hive to my DAW. Is there any external software that can do that?
I´m in desperate need of such a tool and Hive is my preferred synth.

Do you guys have a workaround for this restriction? I mean, I don´t want to use 4 instances of a synth just to be able to make some minor adjustments or transpose some notes!
Hive´s sequencer has a 16 step limitation, only one page to edit a sequence and no way to midi drag and drop the notes. So, how do you compose your songs? Do you create a new instrument instance every time you want to make a subtle change in your sequence?

Bouncing audio is no option for me, I need full control of my midi files and replacing the synth neither.

There's no synth that allow this.(But for example in microtonic, or other drummachines you can drag the drum sequence out to midi track).
On the other hand there are synths that output midi, so you can record it onto a track.
But Hive has no midi out I think....

No Hive has no midi out. Nor midi export.
Bassline-101 allows both types though.

Anyway, this is one of the reasons why I just use my DAW to do this.
If it's essential to you (I can see why), i don't see another option than to either use your daw or a dedicated sequencer plugin that does allow this...

Hive´s sequencer is very straightforward and powerful at the same time and it would be incredibly painstaking to program all sequences and all midi parameters with the DAW editor, even if its Cubase.

I can´t believe there is no build-in midi export feature..
Do developers not have any musicians in their teams to think about such essential things?
Or is it so hard to program?

I tried to get the job done with tools like Cthulhu or Kirnu Cream but no chance to match the same sound I would create within Hive.

SmartCat wrote:Hive´s sequencer is very straightforward and powerful at the same time and it would be incredibly painstaking to program all sequences and all midi parameters with the DAW editor, even if its Cubase.

Do developers not have any musicians in their teams to think about such essential things?

I tried to get the job done with tools like Cthulhu or Kirnu Cream but no chance to match the same sound I would create within Hive.
I can re-create any of my Hive sequences in a DAW... it is easy
I could also do them in Cream as well... again, easy to do.

pdxindy wrote:
SmartCat wrote:Hive´s sequencer is very straightforward and powerful at the same time and it would be incredibly painstaking to program all sequences and all midi parameters with the DAW editor, even if its Cubase.

I can re-create any of my Hive sequences in a DAW... it is easy
I could also do them in Cream as well... again, easy to do.
I believe you.
But what is the point of having to re-create every sequence with the DAW editor or other tools when I have a synth with a build-in sequencer?
Sorry, but it doesn´t make sense to me. We have a huge workflow issue here, not only with Hive it seems and nobody is talking about it.

We actually had drag n drop of MIDI in an early prototype of another sequencer. It's definitely on our radar, but finishing some other stuff had higher priority.

That said, my current project might rely heavily on drag n drop, so there's a good chance we'll revisit it for Hive/Repro-1 sequencers as well.

This would make life so much easier, danke Urs!

Urs wrote:We actually had drag n drop of MIDI in an early prototype of another sequencer. It's definitely on our radar, but finishing some other stuff had higher priority.

That said, my current project might rely heavily on drag n drop, so there's a good chance we'll revisit it for Hive/Repro-1 sequencers as well.
This would be amazing, I would really love this feature in Hive at some point. Cheers!

Urs wrote:We actually had drag n drop of MIDI in an early prototype of another sequencer. It's definitely on our radar, but finishing some other stuff had higher priority.

YES. I love the sequencer in Repro-1. If you made your synths also have MIDI out, that would be amazing.

Return to “Instruments”