Celestial Spheres for Halion/HS3/SE (438 Presets & 3.55 GB) - Any interest in a free SE version?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Touch The Universe has released the Celestial Spheres Sound Library, a hybrid synth/samples library containing 438 presets fusing pure synthesis and 3.55GB of multi-samples (including original Nord Lead 2 samples) for HALion 6, HALion Sonic 3, and the free HALion Player, HALion Sonic SE.

The library infuses nearly every type of sound engine within HALion 6, the multi-sampler, granular, wavetable, and synth engines, using unique and original sound sources. The multi-samples were key-mapped spanning on average about every 4 or 5 keys, though in some situations, every key is mapped. They were then programmed and enhanced in HALion with added filters, effects and macros. Nearly every patch also blends in live synthesis to keep things even more alive and interesting, using any of HALion's synth engines: Auron, Trium, Skylab, Voltage and Anima. The patches themselves are diverse, some are simple and elegant, while being highly unique, while others are vastly more complex and evolving -- layering many multi-samples instruments with other granular or wavetable instruments alongside still other layers of live synthesis. In addition, the library includes over 85 presets made from sound sources from a Nord Lead 2 hardware synthesizer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5bsJDi ... e=youtu.be

Specifications:

438 HALion/Sonic/SE Instruments/Presets.
3.55 Gigabyte of samples (48kHz/ 16-24-bit/stereo).
85 Nord 2 patches (Including its Raw, Dry Version).
Over 200 Unique Multi-Sampled Sound Sources.
Over 4400 Samples (.wav).
Over 50 Entirely Unique HALion Synthesis Patches (Namely, Leads).
Delivery: Download - RAR-archive in 1-7 parts in rar format for better download handling.
Download size - 350MB - 2.7 GB - Very fast download speeds (Unlimited number of downloads).
Custom Wavetables embedded in patches.

Patch Breakdown:

Basses 83.
Chromatic Perc 3.
Drums and Perc 4.
Plucked 47.
Keys 64.
Musical FX (Soundscapes/Motion) 49.
Sound Fx 8.
Synth Comp 3.
Synth Lead 57.
Synth Pad 92.
Vocal 15.
Woodwinds 13.

All patches are tagged and divided by category and sub category and genre. Patches are assigned extensive quick controls and Modulation Wheel for quick access and playability.
Easy Installation: Simply Download, Extract To Location of Choice (or default Steinberg Location) and double click the VSTSOUND file to register the Library in HALion's Library Manager. The library is registered and able to be used in the media bay with its own library icon.

User Testimonials: (More to Come)

Going through your Atmospheres, it is very hard to find a patch that is not totally wonderful, and very usable.

Most libraries these days are AT BEST 25% good...yours is phenomenal. Really.

Mr. Ahyh

Optional Purchase By Category

The Celestial Spheres Library may be divided and purchased by type, for your convenience, in 4 ways. More information is available on each library's page. First choose which platform (Halion 6, Halion Sonic 3, or SE) you will be using and then you have the option to narrow it down by category, if you wish:

The Full Library: (Includes both the Electronica and Atmospheres Library) (3.5GB/438 Presets).
The Atmosphere Side: (Pads, Soundscapes, Keys, Musical FX, Synth Choirs) (2.43/194 Presets).
The Electronica Side: (Leads, Plucks, Basses, Keys, Formant Choirs) (1.74GB/243 Presets).
Only the Nord Library: (Plucks, Keys, Basses, Choirs) (650MB/85 Presets).

Price:

Full Library: $28.00
Atmospheres Library: $19.99
Electronica Library: $19.99
Nord Library: $14.99

More information can be found below, in addition to hundreds of audio demos.

http://touch-the-universe.com/celestial ... -main.html
Last edited by Touch The Universe on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:42 am, edited 20 times in total.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I just wanted to give a warm thank you to all those who already purchased the sound library and for your kind words :love: It makes the all the time and effort spending on the library well worth it and definitely encourages more sound libraries to be developed for Halion :D
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Hi Guys. I'm consider converting the library to other platforms like maybe kontakt, falcon, or directwave, if there is interest. So if you guys like the sounds but don't have Halion and don't want to use the free Halion SE version and prefer something else, I'd love to hear about it :D

TTU Youtube

I wrote this mini review of Halion 6 and thought I'd post it here too, with an update :D

Halion is a sound designers playground for sure :D

The first thing that pops up in my mind after working with Halion 6 during creating this library is that it's the most fun I've ever had sound designing. The gui takes a bit to get used, but after a few days, I was flying with it. I think they did a good job with it layout. The program tree is brilliant. You can add or remove busses on each layer and can add, copy, past entire fx chains between layers, without ever opening up the fx mixer. I also love how the zone layout has icons at the top to bring up whatever section you need quickly. Once I got the hang of that, and memorizing which icons does what, I really started to get the hang of halion.

Halion 6 is definitely closer to Omnisphere in comparison, than to say other samplers, like kontakt. I've yet to try falcon, so I can only limit my comparison to these. I would go so far to say Halion 6 is an Omnisphere but with a full blown multi-sample engine, better granular and wavetable engines, but with slightly worse filters and sound sources (less of them anyway). That said, the fact that it is such a powerful sampler A N D combines many awesome ways to do synthesis is by itself amazing. It's the best of both worlds, each having there pluses and minuses. You can't go wavetable and granular without first going the sample route. That said, I would always pick a sampler that can do synthesis as well, any day. It creates a much more interesting sound library imo.

Pluses:

An Intricate but extremely E A S Y to use key map! There is no doubt about it, Halion 6 is an extremely powerful sampler.

It samples. It's very easy to sample Hardware. It automatically records each note and maps it to the right pitch after the key is release and begins again on the next note.

Best Granular Engine I've used

Best Wavetable Engine I've used, and easiest to create new ones.

Has many good synth engines: Trium, Voltage, Skylab, A N I M A, auron

The Granular and wavetable engine can be used on entire multi-sample level.The only one I know of.

Some A M A Z I N G FX, and a lot of them. It has the best delay I've ever used period. Simple to use, doesn't have all those nifty rez, pitch feedback paths, but for regular delay uses, I absolutely love it. Also REVerence is extremely good too. Has the best sound REVerse reverbs I've ever heard. Amazing on keys or some bass sound fx. Also, not to mention the frequency shifter... List goes on and on. Also forgot the resonant filter, absolutely killer! I wish they would make this a vst!

The envelopes are good. With some envelopes, I have to struggle to find the sweet spots, even it is an mseg envelope. Here, I can dial it the ideal settings within seconds, under 30 for longer attack/release sounds.

A very cool quantize legato section. Sounds awesome, reminds me of a few legato methods in gforce imposcar, which has the best legatos' and most types I ever seen in a synth. Hard to explain but I'll post and audio example.

Arpeggiator: Amazing, just amazing. I think a large part is the presets that come with it. Right on target and the best I've heard to get nice results almost instantly. Way, way, better than omnisphere for example.

Cons :

Filters: I would love to see more creative filters. I was elated when I found a waldorf comb filter in the list. I was expecting to hear some dearly brilliant sounds similar to the comb in largo, for instance, but this. I really don't understand it. Sound N O T H I N G alike. Barely comb-esque sounding.

Matrix. I would say no right click to assign to matrix falls in this category. Lots of missing, extremely useful parameters. But this does not make or break a synth. Take sylenth for example, and Halion has many times the parameters availabe than it.
Some things aren't clear from the manual or videos. A few aspects of the library creator and recording hardware. Very minor things I figured out on my own after about 20 minutes.

Lastly, the VA engines. Anima knocks it out of the park as a wavetable engine in a nice gui. Skylab and Auron do the same in the granular arena. But the va side.... Don't get me wrong, Trium is rock solid, but compare to say there synth expansion hypnotic planet... no contest. The later, the results are much better, and quicker to dial in. Trium takes a bit longer to dial in and lacks a bit of sheen, imo. It does have awesome unison though, but for high resonance bp leads, it could use a bit of work. Voltage, on the other hand, doesn't lack this sheen, though it is primarily a bass synth, but I found myself using it for leads quite often.

Update: I'm already in the works converting this library into kontakt and the first thing that comes to mind is how much more intelligent, fast, and intuitive Halion's map editor is compared to Halion. There really is no contest. Halion automatically reads the tags embedded in the sample, whether it is in the sample name or not, and automatically key maps everything! This is such a H U G E timesaver and I had no idea how good I had it. Nonetheless and I'm still very much looking forward to remaking the library in kontakt, especially using kontakt's formant filters :)

TTU Youtube

Hi guys. I decided to add an introductory price to the sound library and updated the price differential between libraries to be an even split. Before, the electronica and atmospheres libraries were $39.99 and the full library was $69.99. Now, the price is a even split: $29.99 for each the electronica and atmospheres libraries and $59.99 for the full library (with the intro price). :tu:

TTU Youtube

Also, I'd just like to add, anyone who purchased the library before the intro price can get any one free soundset from my other offerings at no cost :) Just browse which one you would like from this page and I'll be happy to send you a link :tu:

TTU Youtube

I cleaned up the OP a little and removed the sound cloud playlists. I can add them at a later time so each playlist gets its own post so as not to clutter things up too much.

I would also just like to clarify that the SE version can be used in the free Halion SE for those who don't own Halion or Halion Sonic. The purely synthesized leads couldn't be transferred over so the soundset itself is priced liess at $49 :D Cheers :D

TTU Youtube

Hi guys. I updated the OP with user testimonials (more to come) and just listed the highlights of the library in the OP to make it bit easy to go through. The full specs, details, and audio demos can be find on the site :)

TTU Youtube

Hi guys, here's a little tutorial I made on how to assign multiple filters to the same macro or quick control, to control the relative position of multiple filters across different layers :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MGVlrQv3WY

TTU Youtube

Some More Info :D

The Atmospheres (Pads, Soundscapes, Keys, Musical FX, Synth Choirs)
Celestial Spheres Halion Library 7.jpg
The Ambient, Cinematic Side of Celstial Sphere tastefully infuses nearly every type of sound engine within Halion 6, the multi-sampler, granular, wavetable, and synth engines, using unique and original sound sources. The multi-samples were painstakingly key mapped spanning on average about every 4 or 5 keys, though in some situations, every key is mapped. They were then tastefully programmed and enhanced in Halion with added filters, effects and macros. Nearly every patch also blends in live sytnesis to keep things even more alive and interesting, using any of Halion's outstanding synth engines: Auron, Trium, Skylab, and Anima. The patches themselves are diverse, some are simple and elegant, while being highly unique, while others are vastly more complex and evolving -- layering many multi-samples with either/or granular or wavetable engines in addition to many layers of live synthesis. As a bonus, a few dozen insturments use Nord Lead 2 sound sources for some keys and choirs.

https://soundcloud.com/touchtheuniverse ... for-halion
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TTU Youtube

Hey man, sounds really great, I was wondering, can you give any news about the DUNE 2 Soundest you were working on ? The snippets you posted were very impressive :tu:

MattMusic wrote:Hey man, sounds really great, I was wondering, can you give any news about the DUNE 2 Soundest you were working on ? The snippets you posted were very impressive :tu:
Thanks MattMusic :D

I am working now, as we speak, on the Dune 2 soundset :D An estimate would be, roughly, around a week :)

TTU Youtube

Thanks man :tu:

Thanx for the great and wonderful halion soundset and i will be very happy if i can get the dune 2 too. Thanx so much for your impressive work.

Myramalou wrote:Thanx for the great and wonderful halion soundset and i will be very happy if i can get the dune 2 too. Thanx so much for your impressive work.

:) Thank you very much! I'm always very happy to hear back from customers on how they like the banks/libraries. When I do, it feels just as good as making a sale, if not moreso :tu:

TTU Youtube

Return to “Soundware”