Sennheiser HD 650 headphones delivered unsealed, is this normal?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have purchased a pair of Sennheiser HD 650 headphones from a well known online musical equipment retailer based in Germany (I have not said the name in case it is not permitted here).

They were delivered today and the box of the headphones, (not the packaging box they were shipped in but the actual box of the headphones) was not sealed in any way and has some marks and scratches on it. Infact the bottom of the box slips open really easy and allows the contents to spill out.

My question is whether this is normal?

I would have thought that considering these are professional grade and very expensive headphone that they would have been sealed.

Obviously if they should have been sealed then I want to reject them for a pair that are sealed.

What do you guys think?

No, not normal.

What I'd do is contact them and see what they can do. In the meantime, use the hell out of them.

I would not send them back if the headphones are in perfect condition and if they sound good.It's better to buy a dedicated case anyway if you are traveling.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

incubus wrote:No, not normal.

What I'd do is contact them and see what they can do.
That's what I thought.

Every piece of Music Hardware that I have ever purchased has been sealed and the more expensive it is the more it is packaged and sealed.

t3toooo wrote:I would not send them back if the headphones are in perfect condition and if they sound good.It's better to buy a dedicated case anyway if you are traveling.
The thing is, if they are normally sold sealed then why were this pair unsealed and more to the point, has anyone else worn them?

These are expensive ass headphones and purchased from new so no-one else should have worn them!

I know from a big shop,they do open cases to let somebody listen to them in the shop in case they don't have any demo model at hand.This was the case with me.
A big shop like Thomann are always selling a returned item as B-Stock and it is a bit cheaper too,i trust them on that.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

t3toooo wrote:I know from a big shop,they do open cases to let somebody listen to them in the shop in case they don't have any demo model at hand.This was the case with me.
A big shop like Thomann are always selling a returned item as B-Stock and it is a bit cheaper too,i trust them on that.
Yep it was from Thomann but they were not listed as B-Stock, they were listed as 'Brand New' and they certainly cost the 'new' price. :(

event2020 wrote:
t3toooo wrote:I know from a big shop,they do open cases to let somebody listen to them in the shop in case they don't have any demo model at hand.This was the case with me.
Yep it was from Thomann but they were not listed as B-Stock, they were listed as 'Brand New' and they certainly cost the 'new' price. :(
You could confront them with this and ask for either a discount since their state is like b-stock or a return/resend of a sealed pair, with no extra costs for you.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote:
event2020 wrote:
You could confront them with this and ask for either a discount since their state is like b-stock or a return/resend of a sealed pair, with no extra costs for you.

Best Regards

Roman Empire
I think that is what I am going to do.

I would rather they just organised the return/resend of a sealed pair...

event2020 wrote:
I'd gripe and get something out of the deal. It's not being impolite since THEY sent you something sub-standard.

Did you take pictures while unboxing?
Now it's realy hard to prove who opened the box first: you or the previous receiver.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

BertKoor wrote:Did you take pictures while unboxing?
Now it's realy hard to prove who opened the box first: you or the previous receiver.
He won´t need to prove that I think. Thomann is a mature company, who wouldn´t waste reputation, time and money refusing to help a client who´s got no obvious hidden agenda since the cans are not damaged or anything.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”