VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

msvs wrote:making progress with the Granular Module
I can tell you, its freakin' awesome. Video soon
Sweeeeeeet. Excited for this! :)

Anyone still get crashes with Avenger under macOS Sierra ?
Mine is still crashing on Plugin GUI close under NI Maschine.
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

I had many crashes when trying the demo - each time it was when right-clicking.
I have a mouse gesture app installed and I think I haven't had any crashes after I deactivated it.
Still I have no problems like this with other synths.

@msvs
Don't forget the mulitimbral.

goleat wrote:
msvs wrote:making progress with the Granular Module
I can tell you, its freakin' awesome. Video soon

Thanks for the update.

I think that here we have a serious alternative for Omnisphere 2 at a lower price. :tu:
Frankly I like Avenger way better for sound design. The Arp, envelopes and LFOs are similarly flexible but way quicker and easier to use. The drag and drop modulation system is far simpler to use, and again, similar in flexibility (probably more flexible). There are some differences in the FX department, but neither is really better or worse IMO. Omnisphere does have some really cool unusual FX though. Avenger has more bread and butter stuff, but really well done.

Where Omnisphere shines is the library. I use Omnisphere when I don't feel like making a sound. Vengeance makes great stuff but I prefer the quirkiness of Omnisphere's sounds to the EDM focused palette presented by Avenger's factory lib.

Razzia wrote:
Frankly I like Avenger way better for sound design. The Arp, envelopes and LFOs are similarly flexible but way quicker and easier to use. The drag and drop modulation system is far simpler to use, and again, similar in flexibility (probably more flexible). There are some differences in the FX department, but neither is really better or worse IMO. Omnisphere does have some really cool unusual FX though. Avenger has more bread and butter stuff, but really well done.

Where Omnisphere shines is the library. I use Omnisphere when I don't feel like making a sound. Vengeance makes great stuff but I prefer the quirkiness of Omnisphere's sounds to the EDM focused palette presented by Avenger's factory lib.
Yes, I agree, especially with regard to the effects section of Omnisphere (although the reverb modules are one of the poorest I've seen on a synthesizer).

Instead, Avenger is new and it is only a matter of time before there is a wider range of sounds for this beast.

Since i bought avenger i barely used it so i didn't learn it well.
so now , i searched in the manual for programs and presets automation and i didn't found and its seems there isn't .
i really mad :evil: :x .
at avenger price you can buy a daw like logic , even in the logic synths there is programs and presets automation . :x :bang: :cry:
Last edited by Amram on Fri May 26, 2017 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I didn't even know about something like "program change" until your post (OK, I read something in connection to midi signals). For sure I wouldn't know what to use it for apart from live situations. But it really seems to be a big deal since you are the first in half a year to complain about it. :wink:

Edit: I prooved myself wrong - there have been other people asking for this feature. And there has been a reasonable answer.
viewtopic.php?p=6625166
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

Warehouseparty wrote:I didn't even know about something like "program change" until your post (OK, I read something in connection to midi signals). For sure I wouldn't know what to use it for apart from live situations. But it really seems to be a big deal since you are the first in half a year to complain about it. :wink:

Edit: I prooved myself wrong - there have been other people asking for this feature. And there has been a reasonable answer.
viewtopic.php?p=6625166
whats the answer ?
i didnt saw it

^^ basically presets have / needs loading time because of the samples... if i understand correctly.

also i think Midi PC (Program + Bank "MSB-LSB" ... so 128 x 128 presets) would great but seems no chance :(

Hello,

I have put all my current patches for Avenger into one user library and published it both here at KVR and at Audiobombs: http://www.audiobombs.com/items/1479/za ... ps-avenger

The bank contains 98 patches, 37 wavetables and 18 waveforms. I use these for my own projects, some of the stuff is experimental and might have little or no use for what you humans call music :wink:

Here is a bit of an example, all presets except drums are Avenger:

https://soundcloud.com/zabong/dark-side ... ps-avenger

If you like the soundset (did I say it: it is FREE!) drop a note at the track above so that I can link with you.

Best,

K

ZaBong69 wrote:Hello,

I have put all my current patches for Avenger into one user library and published it both here at KVR and at Audiobombs: http://www.audiobombs.com/items/1479/za ... ps-avenger

The bank contains 98 patches, 37 wavetables and 18 waveforms. I use these for my own projects, some of the stuff is experimental and might have little or no use for what you humans call music :wink:

Here is a bit of an example, all presets except drums are Avenger:

https://soundcloud.com/zabong/dark-side ... ps-avenger

If you like the soundset (did I say it: it is FREE!) drop a note at the track above so that I can link with you.

Best,

K
Beautiful track
can u share the project too? :tu:

michaelbrac wrote: Beautiful track
can u share the project too? :tu:
Thank you, but I use too many 3rd party plugins and samples in my drum machines to do that. Patches will have to do right now...

Looking forward to the Granular update of Avenger... But what I really would like is a way to quickly build a wavetable from 2-4 waveforms. Avenger sounds best when scanning through *small* wavetables, and I miss a way to build them fast from the set of provided waveforms. It would be great to have a '+' button to add up to four waveforms in the waveform window (just as for samples), and a "convert to wavetable" option.

K

ZaBong69 wrote:
Thank you, but I use too many 3rd party plugins and samples in my drum machines to do that. Patches will have to do right now...

K
U can export them to audio files :?

ZaBong69 wrote:It would be great to have a '+' button to add up to four waveforms in the waveform window (just as for samples), and a "convert to wavetable" option.
+1, that would be awesome, I use that feature all the time in Serum, Synthmaster and Wusikstation!

Return to “Instruments”