What's your favorite software synth to program, and why?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've created more usable, fun sounds in Waves Codex quickly than any other vst I've ever owned. It isn't my "go to" synth, but I love importing wavs and messing around for way too many hours in this thing.
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Serum, because it rewards mucking around and it's easy to set up just about anything quickly.

Arcsyn, because those LFOs are just so much fun and the different oscillator types and weird filters are a joy to listen to and play with.

I'd say that Serum or Rapture Pro. Both offer endless possibilities and great modulations.

It's gotta be Hive. I can't believe its fast and efficient workflow. Really appreciate the one page approach, with drag and drop, lots of modulation, all is just there.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Probably Serum
:borg:

The one that hasn't been done yet :hihi:

Massive. Because it doesn't has this excel-like mod-matrix (Serum, Dune, ...).

I'd say Melda MPowerSynth. Because it's the only one that gives me the feeling that I can always add something to the sound after what I've already made.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

I use many of them, but one of the easiest to program synths for me is Tone2's Saurus. Even though it's been around a few years, it still sounds good to me.

For the newer synths, I like Icarus and Repro-1. Icarus has so many possibilities, and Repro-1 is very intuitive and the sounds are awesome.

Also, Synclavier V is great, and the new Synthmaster One is powerful and easy to use.

Chris-S wrote:Massive. Because it doesn't has this excel-like mod-matrix (Serum, Dune, ...).
Serum also supports drag and drop actually, it's a bit of a hybrid approach to modulation routing which I personally think is awesome.

Codex, Its very easy, straight forward, one page and quite deep. It sounds great to me. Soft upright basses to ear splitzing zippers. I dont mind the limited feature set. It forces you look at other methods.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Repro-1

Spire. Great workflow and equally great sound.
"If less is more, just think of how much more, more will be".

At the moment, Softube Modular.

At the moment, Avenger. It has similar power and flexibility to Omnisphere, Zebra, or Falcon, but with the ease of use of Massive or Serum, especially in terms of modulation routing.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Instruments”