Tundra

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by jancivil on Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

quite enjoyed that ...

I like the sounddesign, but didn't feel it really was a 'song' perse ;)

good atmo!

Jesse Gorter wrote:I like the sounddesign, but didn't feel it really was a 'song' perse ;)
Why are you winking? That is such a clueless remark.

It’s a composition w strong melody and form. per se btw means through itself, in and of itself.
Last edited by jancivil on Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

experimental.crow wrote:quite enjoyed that ...
Good deal! Thanks for saying so.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it sounds quite as bleak or cold as Terra Incognita. It sounds more a like a slo-mo reconnaissance of an unfamiliar landscape, so I guess Tundra is a good fit here. Right down to the parish of St. Alphonso. I loved the sound at 5:34. Just like the transporter beam on USS Enterprise.

Good work :)

It's very slow to unfold. {The melody.} So it doesn't seem very populated.
It's pretty much Debussyian to me.

It ends with a disturbance of some sort. terra incognita follows it for the time being. I started to make something less, well, consonant. I tamed this Absynth patch which was really running amok and the resultant combo of sonorities - the lead sound more in the center, Massive has a lot to do with it - led us to this.

I liked this too. I found it relaxed me.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Another great track for a Sunday Evening. Ambient with a sinister edge...
Some of the sounds took me back to King Crimson Improvs.
Tundra is a good choice for the name of this track.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

thanks!

I didn't see the comment earlier, by that date I had another one up I think.

there was a botch edit in one o' these, which I don't even quite get, but which I cut today and re-upped

buy all the things

That was pretty cool. I got a similar feeling to the one that I got when I was watching that part of 2001: A Space Odyssey with the kind of psychedelic split-screen projection stuff. The sounds have a different timbre, of course, but the emotional sense was similar. Anyhow, well done!

thanks!

Interesting to see such different responses to it.

jancivil wrote: Sun May 21, 2017 5:08 pm
Jesse Gorter wrote:I like the sounddesign, but didn't feel it really was a 'song' perse ;)
Why are you winking? That is such a clueless remark.

It’s a composition w strong melody and form. per se btw means through itself, in and of itself.
Not quite sure why KVR decided to send a notification Today that I was quoted, nice timing.

Yes, it’s Festivus!

thanks for the free bump anyway

Return to “Music Cafe”