Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Elektronisch wrote:
HcDoom wrote:Mostly interested in A6 emu...cant wait to hear how it sounds. If it can do those wonderful moving pads A6 is famous for, than I am sold.
I think you will be dissapointed, its not really an emu. It appears that tweakability is quite limited.
There is a great 3rd party library out there with excellent sampled A6 content for Camel Audio Alchemy, Cakewalk Rapture & Dimension (full and LE versions).

http://elementalarts-studios.com/memories
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Is there something wrong with SAM demo 1? I think it got screwed up in the processing somewhere. Demo 2 is better but still a bit artifacty and clipped/crushed.

EDIT: never mind, the majority of those samples have been crushed and clipped to death.
Last edited by SJ_Digriz on Thu May 25, 2017 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Elektronisch wrote:Peter, will there be a demo version?
Not during the preorder period but there will probably be one after release.

Syntronik includes 17 amazing instruments, available as a collection or separately, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 of the most iconic to ultra-rare and painstakingly multi-sampled vintage synthesizers
From that, some of the 17 instruments (GUIs) must have presets for more than one synth. For example, if I look at Polymorph it is 'Based on Moog Polymoog, Opus 3, Rogue, Realistic Concertmate MG-1'.

Does that mean that some of its presets are for the Polymoog, others for Opus-3, others for Rogue etc? But they all use the same GUI?

What does the Synth Engine page look like (where we can select those circuit-level filter models)? Is that the equivalent of an Edit page for the presets?

Also, what are the buttons in the top-left corner of the GUI (I see a Shopping cart there)?

The "see all FX at once" idea is something I suggested for ST3 years ago. :)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I have only one, that I think is a legitimate, concern with the preorder period with no demo.

VSTi's, traditionally, have a no refund policy. If after preordering and then downloading the product, for whatever reason, doesn't work on your system, you're kind of out of luck. It was the main reason I held my breath when purchasing Falcon and Omnisphere. I vowed, for my own sanity, that I'd never purchase a synth, or anything for that matter, again without being able to demo it first. Now I realize I can do this after the preorder period ends and the demo is available. But then I'll be purchasing at the full price.

Just wanted to point this out as I'm sure if this is a concern for me, it's probably going to be a concern for others as well.

How a customer know that he is eligible for the crossgrade (any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more)?

I have many products i bought via reseller and can't check anymore which price i paid back then. Leads me to the question: Are the 99.99€ meant as what was really paid or is it just the price of a product when it isn't on sale that counts?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

or like if you got Amplitube 4 Deluxe free with my Irig HD 2 - according to the "offer" was worth more than 250 dollars - so does that count for crossgrade ?

Do people still buy these big romplers of analog synths? I thought we had moved on with the circuit modelled VSTs like Legend and Diva etc - is the point just less cpu hit? To me the Romplers never sound as good as the circuit modelled stuff, but I will keep an open mind and see what the demo is like....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Do people still buy these big romplers of analog synths?
Nope - 0 interest in samples of synths - synths should be synths

murnau wrote:How a customer know that he is eligible for the crossgrade (any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more)?
have you tried adding it to your card while logged in on the ik site? I think that theis system should know if you qualifies or not.

What concerns me is how IK intends to pull off Pulse Width and PWM with sampled oscillators? Something along the lines of how Sylenth simulates PW & PWM?
On a number of Macs

aMUSEd wrote:
SLiC wrote:Do people still buy these big romplers of analog synths?
Nope - 0 interest in samples of synths - synths should be synths
Although I %64.31 agree with you...

Hybrid is actually interesting. Using sampled Oscillators can be very similar to using a wavetable or DCO. There are lots of "real" synths that do oscillators in this manner. Of course, how the filters and such are implemented will have a lot to do with the net outcome. I'm not totally against this approach. Things like The Beast from UVI are actually really usable, even though they are largely sample based.

Weasel-Boy wrote:What concerns me is how IK intends to pull off Pulse Width and PWM with sampled oscillators? Something along the lines of how Sylenth simulates PW & PWM?
bingo, same for FM

DarkStar wrote:
Syntronik includes 17 amazing instruments, available as a collection or separately, with over 2,000 preset sounds covering a wide selection from 38 of the most iconic to ultra-rare and painstakingly multi-sampled vintage synthesizers
From that, some of the 17 instruments (GUIs) must have presets for more than one synth. For example, if I look at Polymorph it is 'Based on Moog Polymoog, Opus 3, Rogue, Realistic Concertmate MG-1'.

Does that mean that some of its presets are for the Polymoog, others for Opus-3, others for Rogue etc? But they all use the same GUI?
We haven't created the suite of presets completely yet, of course, but there should be a good representation of the synths that make up each instrument
What does the Synth Engine page look like (where we can select those circuit-level filter models)? Is that the equivalent of an Edit page for the presets?
We will have more detailed materials coming.
Also, what are the buttons in the top-left corner of the GUI (I see a Shopping cart there)?
Did you mean top right? Since you mention the cart, which will likely be used for any future potential expansion of Syntronik, I assume so. There's what appears to a mixer, an effect, a piano-roll representation of an arpeggio, a gear, and the aforementioned cart. That should help :)
The "see all FX at once" idea is something I suggested for ST3 years ago. :)
Thanks for your input, as always.

murnau wrote:How a customer know that he is eligible for the crossgrade (any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more)?

I have many products i bought via reseller and can't check anymore which price i paid back then. Leads me to the question: Are the 99.99€ meant as what was really paid or is it just the price of a product when it isn't on sale that counts?
You should have a record of all registered products in your IK User Area. It is based on the value of what you purchased and registered, so if you purchased using JamPoints or at a discount dealer it would still count as the actual price of the product toward the crossgrade.

Return to “Instruments”