Boz Digital Labs Big Beautiful Door

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Boz Digital Labs Big Beautiful Door
$99.00 (intro price of $56.00, transgressor owners get an even better discount)

Big Beautiful Door is like no other dynamics processor. It takes a completely fresh approach to EQ and dynamics, and packages it in a way that just makes sense.

Separate EQ for loud and quiet sounds
Advanced Sidechaining
Intuitive Interface

Big Beautiful door is what you get when an EQ and a Gate make a baby together. Then, right when the baby comes out, you inject it with a few doses of steroids. Seriously, this thing is so powerful and is really easy to use. This is not a one trick pony. This does everything from ducking your bass when your kick hits, to acting as the world's most powerful vocal EQ. Big Beautiful Door opens up a whole new world of creativity and streamlines your workflow like no other dynamics plugin.
Dual EQ

Big Beautiful Door gives you separate eq over your loud and your quiet parts of your track. This lets you EQ your quiet sounds separately from your loud sounds. A paragraph of text won't come close to describing how powerful this option is, so watch some of the demo videos to see what opportunities this opens up.
Advanced Sidechaining

Advanced sidechaining gives you complete control over how Big Beautiful Door reacts to your input. Do you need to eq out the low end of your bass when your kick drum hits? This is how you do it. Or maybe you need to eq out the midrange of your back track whenever your vocals come it. Big Beautiful Door makes this easy to do without automation.

Dial in your sidechain with accuracy with dual mode sidechain filters.
Choose between internal and external sidechain.

Envelope Control

Familiar envelope controls let you determine how quickly Big Beautiful Door will morph from one EQ setting to the other. Whether you need quick gating or smooth transitions, you can set it up easily.

Well, I didn't expected such a serious name for a BOZ plugin.
Maybe: Spanky-Wanky :D

Very nice tool. I am glad to see BOZ innovating in musical ways. I tried this on electronic drums and sequences and its very helpful for dynamic tone-shaping to help bring out the punch and spice of sounds. It's a very nice compliment to Transgressor.

Very nice!
shut_up_and_take_my_money-t2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It's worth noting that modular host users have been doing this "trick" for a while already. So if you are using FL Studio, Reaper, Energy XT or have Melda MXXX you can already do this (and substitute EQing with any other process at your leisure).

However, it's still nice to see this so intuitively done within a single interface.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

First door plugin for DAWS

bmanic wrote:However, it's still nice to see this so intuitively done within a single interface.
And that's the point. I created my FX chains in REAPER to do what this one does and what Transgressor does, but having all this in just a single instance speeds up tweaking tremendously.

Very true. It's the reason I bought Transgressor and definitely going to get this one as well. It's such a chore to keep everything organized otherwise, especially in large projects. :)
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Got it, love it. Nice time-saver.
Hate the names of these things. I mean gatey watey? Way to make me sound like even more of a damn giant baby in the studio. And a big beautiful door is not something you show to clients you want to keep either haha.

Armagibbon wrote:Got it, love it. Nice time-saver.
Hate the names of these things. I mean gatey watey? Way to make me sound like even more of a damn giant baby in the studio. And a big beautiful door is not something you show to clients you want to keep either haha.
I am sure your clients will learn to cope. lol

plexuss wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:Got it, love it. Nice time-saver.
I am sure your clients will learn to cope. lol
Sure they will. Me? Bruised for life.

Sorry to be dense, but are they saying this can eq the one track, but with different eq when the level drops below a set threshold? If that is the case then won't it sound a bit strange changing eq, or is the crossover controlled somehow?
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:Sorry to be dense, but are they saying this can eq the one track, but with different eq when the level drops below a set threshold? If that is the case then won't it sound a bit strange changing eq, or is the crossover controlled somehow?
The change does not happen abruptly, and it can sound weird if one so desires. But in reality it can sound really nice.

morelia wrote: ... won't it sound a bit strange changing eq, or is the crossover controlled somehow?
I'm under the impression that this is what the envelope controls are for -- to shape the transition between "loud" eq and "soft" eq. Haven't tried this yet, but fully intend to.

Return to “Effects”