Softube Modular

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Multiphonics CV-2 Reaktor Softube Modular

Shiosan wrote:I thought Reaktor and Modular are both modular synth vst?
Yes, Reaktor is Modular and ST is Modular but do not let the names fool you.
Moog had a Modular but so did Buchla. The 2 still have nothing in common.
Reaktor and ST are as different as Earth and Jupiter. One is a Modular Synth
with few Modules while the other is a Modular Platform with NOTHING in
common with ST, it is 2 different worlds. They are not comparable.
The only similar thing is us calling them Modular, nothing else.
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Is there any way to make the beat sequencer play more than one pattern. It looks so out of place and basic compared to the rest of it. A tacked on afterthought especially considering that you can use heartbeat within modular. Lets the whole thing down. I thought this would have been addressed by now.

boombaxx wrote:Is there any way to make the beat sequencer play more than one pattern. It looks so out of place and basic compared to the rest of it. A tacked on afterthought especially considering that you can use heartbeat within modular. Lets the whole thing down. I thought this would have been addressed by now.
If you want multiple patterns, you simply use more than one sequencer module and then setup triggering so that they alternate between the two patterns. There are a number of ways to do this.

wagtunes wrote:
boombaxx wrote:Is there any way to make the beat sequencer play more than one pattern. It looks so out of place and basic compared to the rest of it. A tacked on afterthought especially considering that you can use heartbeat within modular. Lets the whole thing down. I thought this would have been addressed by now.
If you want multiple patterns, you simply use more than one sequencer module and then setup triggering so that they alternate between the two patterns. There are a number of ways to do this.
Yes, but you have to admit that the existing sequencers are pretty limited. Where's the A154/155?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

risome wrote:Perhaps thats something to do with Doepfer inventing the Eurorack format.Now many years later there are lots of boutique modules.Maybe these smaller companies aren't interested in licencing their products over yet.Basic is often good and the basic Doepfer OSC is ample at that.I cant compare Softube or Reaktor to my modular as i do not own either software products.
I think it has to do with the hardware manufacturers being somewhat skeptical of Softube and what this might do to hurt their hardware sales. If the entire Doepfer line was available in software, that might actually start to eat into their regular business. Likewise with the other big names in Euro, probably taking a wait and see attitude.

deastman wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Yes, but you have to admit that the existing sequencers are pretty limited. Where's the A154/155?
No argument from me there. I'm disappointed with the progress on new modules since initial release and I'm not holding my breath expecting anything to change.

An absolute enigma for me this synth. Most disappointing purchase as far as potential but 2nd best selling library only behind Serum.

Talk about a love/hate relationship.

wagtunes wrote:
deastman wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
No argument from me there. I'm disappointed with the progress on new modules since initial release and I'm not holding my breath expecting anything to change.

An absolute enigma for me this synth. Most disappointing purchase as far as potential but 2nd best selling library only behind Serum.

As the old saying goes, "when life gives you lemons, sell VST patches."

deastman wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
deastman wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

As the old saying goes, "when life gives you lemons, sell VST patches."
Yeah, but I was hoping for a true Eurorack experience without the $30,000 price tag.

Apparently, it's not going to happen.

S0lo wrote: SoloRack standard oscillators are not steered towards a particular feel. They are mainly unbiased. Because some one might like "thin" and some one else might like "fat". They are made to be as flexible as possible for sound designers. In the right hands, they can achieve immense power and massive sounds. Thats the essence of modular.
Could you tell me more about SoloRack? I also noticed your name is also Solo.

I've been looking into SoloRack, seems interesting to me. At least it's still developing. If it has about the same or more than Modular would with fraction of cost, I may buy it.

Shiosan wrote:I've been looking into SoloRack, seems interesting to me. At least it's still developing. If it has about the same or more than Modular would with fraction of cost, I may buy it.
The SoloRack GUI is too cramped for me and it's not resizeable so I'm waiting until that feature is added, if ever.

wagtunes wrote: The SoloRack GUI is too cramped for me and it's not resizeable so I'm waiting until that feature is added, if ever.
Thanks for headsup. Although, I doubt I would make anything complicated as your's... what is your opinion in terms of sound?

As far as I see SoloRack seems to be developing until today and with price point of $85 it looks good value to me.

Shiosan wrote:
wagtunes wrote: The SoloRack GUI is too cramped for me and it's not resizeable so I'm waiting until that feature is added, if ever.
Thanks for headsup. Although, I doubt I would make anything complicated as your's... what is your opinion in terms of sound?

As far as I see SoloRack seems to be developing until today and with price point of $85 it looks good value to me.
After I downloaded it and installed it and saw that GUI, I really didn't bother listening to it so I have no idea what it even sounds like. I think I hit 2 notes and that was it. Certainly can't tell from that.

wagtunes wrote:I think I hit 2 notes and that was it. Certainly can't tell from that.
Oh. Well then.

If I want fully fledged modulay synth, maybe only way to do so is to buy expensive hardware. Or stick to semi-modular like Zebra (I never got used to its interface unfortunately)

*sigh* I wish theres something out there that fits my need…

Shiosan wrote:
S0lo wrote: SoloRack standard oscillators are not steered towards a particular feel. They are mainly unbiased. Because some one might like "thin" and some one else might like "fat". They are made to be as flexible as possible for sound designers. In the right hands, they can achieve immense power and massive sounds. Thats the essence of modular.
Could you tell me more about SoloRack? I also noticed your name is also Solo.
During the last few years I've been hooked (nearly obsessed) with gear, modulars and eurorack. My studio rack bloated like hell with all types of digital and analog modules. It got to the point where I had to do something. And since I had programming skills, I just had to do a modular soft synth. 2 Years latter, SoloRack is here. It's the results of countless hours of research while testing and comparing with real eurorack.

The main design aspect was to make it work just like eurorack. While sound can be any thing from analog to digital (if that makes sense). The modules are similar to what you see in hardware, yet also different. I always added my own input there, new ideas, things that you may not find in hardware.

I happen to have most of the Doepfer range in my studio, and literally hundreds of modules from other manufacturers, I do even have some DIY modules. So when in doubt I can always compare to the real thing. And some times the real thing is not good enough!! so I add my own ideas and improvements.

Ofcourse it's expandable. I intend to add more and more modules. Some of the modules will come with the System B, so all existing users will get them. And some will be sold separately.
wagtunes wrote:The SoloRack GUI is too cramped for me and it's not resizeable so I'm waiting until that feature is added, if ever.
For the time being. I hear good news from user(s) using the windows magnifier with it (at %125). It's seams to work well.

BTW, A new update is coming soon including 2 utility nodules.
www.solostuff.net
Advice is heavy. So don’t send it like a mountain.

Return to “Instruments”