Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Buckster wrote:or like if you got Amplitube 4 Deluxe free with my Irig HD 2 - according to the "offer" was worth more than 250 dollars - so does that count for crossgrade ?
Free software will not qualify you for the crossgrade. However, your iRig HD 2 is €99.99 so that would be the qualifying product.

wagtunes wrote:I have only one, that I think is a legitimate, concern with the preorder period with no demo.

VSTi's, traditionally, have a no refund policy. If after preordering and then downloading the product, for whatever reason, doesn't work on your system, you're kind of out of luck. It was the main reason I held my breath when purchasing Falcon and Omnisphere. I vowed, for my own sanity, that I'd never purchase a synth, or anything for that matter, again without being able to demo it first. Now I realize I can do this after the preorder period ends and the demo is available. But then I'll be purchasing at the full price.

Just wanted to point this out as I'm sure if this is a concern for me, it's probably going to be a concern for others as well.
I understand where you are coming from, but that would be the reason the discount is so deep for many preorders. You have to make the decision that is best for you, of course.

Well, I pre-ordered MODO with some trepidation...but as it turns out, I have rarely used anything else for bass guitar lines since.
I'm already counting my Jam Points and I just got my cross grade email too.

SLiC wrote:Do people still buy these big romplers of analog synths? I thought we had moved on with the circuit modelled VSTs like Legend and Diva etc - is the point just less cpu hit? To me the Romplers never sound as good as the circuit modelled stuff, but I will keep an open mind and see what the demo is like....
I'm not interested, but, I see this as something between using Kontakt and using modeled synths. It claims to have modeled filters, of course the jury is still out on that, but, assuming that they are up to snuff, that's at least a little bit unique. Kontakt does not give you that ability today. The filters in Kontact are usable, but not stellar.

Off topic, but I'd love it if Kontakt could open Reaktor macros as filters/effects.

I can see this IK thing having some value for a lot of people as a compromise on several grounds. Good samples of complex vintage synth patches with the ability to modulate it at some level with a reasonably accurate filter for not too much hit on the CPU.

$69.99 after the crossgrade + jam points. No brainier for me :tu:

My question would be for Peter...
Are there original RAW waveforms round-robin sampled for each synth?
I am asking since sometimes I'd rather go from scratch with basic waveforms than using 'designed' presets or sampled presets.
Thanks.

This looks like fun, but I have logic pro x and everything that comes with it. Sampletank 3 and most of the songs sets. I mostly do rock with some simple synth, strings, or keys added. I think I've got it covered.
Surfing, skateboarding, Music Making Man and tech fool.
New Album! KnowledgeBass

Krubbadoo wrote:My question would be for Peter...
Are there original RAW waveforms round-robin sampled for each synth?
I am asking since sometimes I'd rather go from scratch with basic waveforms than using 'designed' presets or sampled presets.
Thanks.
This is a really great question! Yes, we make extensive use of round robin sampling throughout Syntronik, from the raw single oscillator samples to the samples of complete presets. In addition to that, we also pay a LOT of attention to phase and phase relationships to capture the living, breathing, organic quality of analog synthesizers.

KeithAdv wrote:Just curious...We're any of the samples from SampleMoog or Sonik Synth 2 recycled for this product?
From press release: "...IK has sourced only the best instruments from private collections and sampled them over the course of several years..."

I'm going to infer from that the answer is yes? Those two old fellas are taking up about 13gb on my samples drive. If Syntronik makes them redundant, can I delete them?

Just a quick question for Peter:

I was listening to the Audio demos and have to admit they are quite impressive. Could you tell me if these have been mixed/mastered in any way or are they rough mixes (no FX, just panning and level)? If not, and since there is not a demo I was wondering if it would be possible to have some high quality audio demos (for d/l) of a few of the synths solo and raw?

It would certainly help for direct comparison to our existing gear to see if it is a good fit.

Thanks!

TB-303 without the sequencer? :dog:

Hopefully it will behave like one with the right midi notes, but probably not. :borg:

This certainly has my interest and I am excited for it. I have a few questions if anyone can answer them. I do generally like IK Multimedia products and own quite a few of them.

1.) Is this going to be basically a preset ROMpler close to Nexus where straying from the base sample is sort of disappointing?
2.) Do I need to install Quicktime for it? :((
3.) Is there latency like T-Rracks?
4.) Is this a complete package? Or a basic package and the Syntronik XXXL Producer's Platinum Diamond edition with everythign listed costs $699?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Edit - information, video and audio demo materials, etc available on the Syntronik page

Announcement coming soon on the IK web site

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqfcvQqXObk
Holy crap, do these demos sound great! Congratulations! It's is a must buy. Makes V Collection sound like a POS. Hell, I've been listening to Peak demos, and it makes Peak sound like a POS. You nailed the Minimoog getting it's filter f'd by the third osc sound, and that's a tough one.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Demo do sounds great! But i have very mixed feelings about calling this a synth because its clearly not a synth :)

Also im confused, clear me out:
walkthrough part 1 shows synths are being discussed and there has been mention of feature like voice stacking (unison). Naturaly you would expect this feature to be in this "synth" because why else you would mention that but how can that be if the content is sampled ? :)

Is there some oscillator edit page like where you would be able to select sampled waveshapes? mix volumes of oscillator?

apologies if this was mentioned earlier - if someone were to now buy another product from IK above the cutoff value, would they qualify for the crossgrade? I would assume so, as it would be commercial self-sabotage to not use a hot new product to generate back cat sales, however you never know....

Also, regarding the "sample based synths are not synths" people, I am (genuinely) curious where you see the delineation between "synth" and "not synth". Note I am not trying to be provocative - just interested in how each component of a synth is defined and whether there is a commonly agreed point of division between the two. I would assume that analog oscillators are beyond question in terms of their general "synthiness". What about examples such as (off the top of my head) - JP8000, Largo/Blofeld, Serum, Falcon? Also, I would be interested to hear why you don't like sample-based/romplers. In practical terms, aside from the obvious, what impediments do sample based synths suffer from that are not an issue with standard oscillator based synths? Anyway, just interested...

Return to “Instruments”