Surreal Machines Diffuse, hybrid delay/reverb (Free until June 8)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Surreal Machines. I'm having great fun with Diffuse.

An adjustable release time for the Hold button would be extra nice.
Last edited by 1wob2many on Mon May 22, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We are so thrilled by the response so far! We really love using Diffuse too. Modnetic is really what took us so long to get right. It's the most tweaked out of the two with far more possibilities.

About the virus scanners...
Sorry, but it is on our radar and we will look into it. It feels like Kaspersky is just being over zealous here, but we cannot advise one way or the other. We had problem with ‘Avast’ in Beta Testing but resolved it.

About Sonar hanging...
We are also looking into this too. So far we only had one report (from teh user here). Is this an issue for anyone else using Sonar? Please PM or write to support at surrealmachines.com

soma wrote:We are so thrilled by the response so far! We really love using Diffuse too. Modnetic is really what took us so long to get right. It's the most tweaked out of the two with far more possibilities.

About the virus scanners...
Sorry, but it is on our radar and we will look into it. It feels like Kaspersky is just being over zealous here, but we cannot advise one way or the other. We had problem with ‘Avast’ in Beta Testing but resolved it.

About Sonar hanging...
We are also looking into this too. So far we only had one report (from teh user here). Is this an issue for anyone else using Sonar? Please PM or write to support at surrealmachines.com
I am Dub Machines user and TM user. Yes this is great release. Your plugins deserve more attention. I can't stress enough of my opinion which is - you guys at Surreal Machines have something rare - ear!

Your plugins genuinely sound musical.

I wish i could duplicate every Magnetic sound though.

Hope to see Transient Machines with same amazing sound. In VST.

nmd
Last edited by 1wob2many on Mon May 22, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

soma wrote:We are so thrilled by the response so far! We really love using Diffuse too.
Hi, Soma
Thank you for the great plugin !

As a long time user of the original version of these plugins via Max 4 Live 'dub machines', and now having the new VST versions -- I can give a huge thumbs up to both, but the real beauty for me is Magnetic (now 'Modnetic'), their emulation of the Roland 201 Space Echo.

I also have the OuterSpace plugin from AudioThing, and personally much prefer Magnetic / Modnetic, both in terms of sound quality and functionality. I've been using Magnetic regularly for the past few years, it quickly became a favorite of mine. With the VST they've added new reverb IRs, and a modulation section with chorus and more...throw in the flexible routing options between modulation + verb + delay, this thing is really quite a flexible unit. But it's the sound I keep going back for. It sounds like a Space Echo, and it can sound like a lot more. I'm thrilled I can get that sound & vibe going now outside of just Ableton.

mholloway wrote:As a long time user of the original version of these plugins via Max 4 Live 'dub machines', and now having the new VST versions -- I can give a huge thumbs up to both, but the real beauty for me is Magnetic (now 'Modnetic'), their emulation of the Roland 201 Space Echo.

I've been using Magnetic regularly for the past few years, it quickly became a favorite of mine.
Same here my friend!
mholloway wrote: With the VST they've added new reverb IRs, and a modulation section with chorus and more...throw in the flexible routing options between modulation + verb + delay, this thing is really quite a flexible unit. But it's the sound I keep going back for. It sounds like a Space Echo, and it can sound like a lot more. I'm thrilled I can get that sound & vibe going now outside of just Ableton.
Again same here. I just miss some of the M4L color. Saturation effect is kinda little bit better on M4L Magnetic plugin.

These plugins are truly amazing.

I love delays but I couldn't get this plugin to install. I tried it a half dozen times with full install and custom install but it never takes. Everything seems to go fine and the installer thinks it installs but the dll never shows up in the folder. It could be that Comodo is automatically blocking the install because of the aforementioned malware warning issue, but it's not popping up and complaining about it.

Update: I checked the logs and Comodo is indeed blocking the install. It's never done that before and I've installed a lot of plugins, probably like 100!

kmonkey wrote:Surreal Machines tell me please tell me you will release Transient Machines as VST version? With same sound and same algos because they sound nothing short of amazing..
If there is enough demand, otherwise we'll focus on new ideas.

Thank you! This gift is very generous.

Is it just me or does automation not work for regeneration in Cubase? The number in the text box moves, but the knob doesn't and the regeneration amount does not audible change.

It doesn't work in quick control or an automation lane.

Im on Cubase 9.0.20 Pro on macOS Sierra.

EDIT: Can't get any automation to work with Diffuse. Hope this is a bug, its an otherwise awesome product :tu:
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

Hi there, love both diffuse and modnetic, seriously versatile and incredible sounding delays as well as excellent saturation/fx from modnetic.

They are both quite hard to see on my laptop screen. I know it's been asked - but are the resizable GUI's something that will happen in the near future? It's been a while since they were mentioned and both could really benefit from them.

Return to “Effects”