Novation Remote SL MkII support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Moss,

thanks for the awesome script. I tried it today for the first time and I'm having some issues with track select. Specifically, track select buttons 5-8 are also sometimes triggering bank changes, always shifting 1-3 banks down in the session.

It only seems to happen with my existing projects or with the template I created for starting new tracks. I tried creating new projects from scratch specifically to test it, with all kinds of different grouping, multi-out VSTis etc. but couldn't reproduce it. I can't think what it might be in my template or tracks that is causing this. You seen anything like this?

Here's my template if you want to have a look yourself -

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/189 ... bwtemplate

Am using only a 25 SL MkII with OS 1.3.12, Bitwig 1.3.15 on OSX 10.9.5, v3.03 of your script. Happy to provide any other info.

WARNING:
I just pushed the latest code to GitHub which now supports the new v2 API.
https://github.com/git-moss/SLMkII4Bitwig

This version is NOT compatible with 1.3.x! If you are on the Beta list feel free to give it a try.

There are still some regressions in the API, which are documented here: https://github.com/teotigraphix/Framewo ... regression

So please look there first before reporting bugs.

Now it's the time for an official release after we celebrated the Bitwig Studio 2.0 this week:

#4.00
Requires Bitwig 2.0.
  • Fixed: "None" is now display as device name when no device is selected.
  • Fixed: Display was empty when a track name contained non-ASCII characters (e.g. ä, ö, ü, ß).

Thanks!

I tried with BWS 2 demo, it seems to work fine. But it is my impression or there is fewer modes of control the Polysynth (I am guessing due to the new modulators)?

pc999 wrote:Thanks!

I tried with BWS 2 demo, it seems to work fine. But it is my impression or there is fewer modes of control the Polysynth (I am guessing due to the new modulators)?
Yes, it is much simpler now. Bitwig 2 consolidated everything into the so called "remote controls".

moss wrote: Yes, it is much simpler now. Bitwig 2 consolidated everything into the so called "remote controls".

Yah, it may be simpler, but it requires more mouse and keyboard it seems, or it is just me not used to it...

pc999 wrote:
moss wrote: Yes, it is much simpler now. Bitwig 2 consolidated everything into the so called "remote controls".

Yah, it may be simpler, but it requires more mouse and keyboard it seems, or it is just me not used to it...

I have to say that I agree... being able to press a macro assign button (for a lack of a better word) on a controller was also part of my workflow (and this applies to a number of controllers, not just to SLMK2)... I wonder if it would be a reasonably easy to put this feature back to a controller script?.. I understand that it may not be as simple, due to all the recent changes in Bitwig (which by the way are a massive step forward, overall).

cheers

adam

Just wanted to let you know that I am currently rewriting the framework for all my scripts. Therefore, there will be no updates or bigfixes. However, I noted all of your comments.
Cheers!

Cool :tu:

Many thanks!

To celebrate the Bitwig 2.1 release, here is the matching SLmkII4Bitwig version!

Get it from: http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

# 5.00
Requires Bitwig 2.1.
  • New: Written now in Java.

:hug:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Seems to be working well from my initial try!

Many Thanks for this!

Hello,
Moss, thanks for your great work!!!
Tried with Novation SL MK I, unfortunately I cannot toggle between play and Control mode, the button next to the drip pads does nothing... :(
Have you got any solution?

a thousand thanks!!!!

trails wrote:Hello,
Moss, thanks for your great work!!!
Tried with Novation SL MK I, unfortunately I cannot toggle between play and Control mode, the button next to the drip pads does nothing... :(
Have you got any solution?

a thousand thanks!!!!
Hi, I am sorry but I do not have a MkI so I cannot test.

Hi,

Can I make a feature sugestion :) ?

I am trying to control the devices in the master track but it does not seems to be any way of gaining control of them from the Sl mk2, and no way of navigating between them. I can control them if I select them with the mouse, but it would be very cool if we could access the master track and its devices without touching the keyboard. I suggest the same way we access the effect tracks, using the button near the faders.

And a bug report, IRC when we moved the fader the Sl mk2 screen would update the values, but that is not happening anymore, only happens after you touch the button near the faders.

Return to “Controller Scripting”