New Roland One [Electro|Kick|Percussion|Wav] drum pads

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by sqigls on Fri May 26, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"THE FUTURE - DEFINED- Roland Has Nothing left''
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

sad :(

I like the concept, price is silly. I'd really like to have a small and fast to setup USB pad that I can just drop on the table in front of me and use with sticks. I won't pay $200-$250 for the privilege, maybe Alesis will steal this idea and make something without sound for about $40.

ghettosynth wrote:I like the concept, price is silly. I'd really like to have a small and fast to setup USB pad that I can just drop on the table in front of me and use with sticks. I won't pay $200-$250 for the privilege, maybe Alesis will steal this idea and make something without sound for about $40.
This. they really only needed to make one, let it connect to a pc and load samples of your choice. I would pay 250 for a real analog TR kick though...

It just seems so poorly thought out... the WAV holds 6 hours of stereo audio, at 16/44.1... Why!?
Having "The Future - Redefined" emblazoned across their header is just so puzzling.
Re-released digital versions of old analog synths and drum machines... some single pad SPD-6 cross Boss pedal looking drum pads... somebody at Roland is smoking something. The brown acid maybe? Fair enough, maybe smart for them to re-hash, but "The Future Redefined"... that's just weird.

If they were analog, or if they were under a hundred bucks maybe?... wow, just weird.
I'm sure the kids will want them though, surely somebody did their homework!?

sqigls wrote:It just seems so poorly thought out... the WAV holds 6 hours of stereo audio, at 16/44.1... Why!?
Because it's just a gnat's hair smaller than 64MB which was probably the price sweet spot for the memory. It also happens to be just a bit longer than the typical bar night/cover band set so if you're a cheesy duo playing backing tracks it can do your entire set. That's assuming, of course, that you have some control over playback of multiple files, I don't know yet.
Having "The Future - Redefined" emblazoned across their header is just so puzzling.
Re-released digital versions of old analog synths and drum machines... some single pad SPD-6 cross Boss pedal looking drum pads... somebody at Roland is smoking something. The brown acid maybe? Fair enough, maybe smart for them to re-hash, but "The Future Redefined"... that's just weird.

If they were analog, or if they were under a hundred bucks maybe?... wow, just weird.
I'm sure the kids will want them though, surely somebody did their homework!?
Roland has always been cheesy and weird. They talk about the 303 like they invented dance music. When they came out with the 303 they had absolutely no idea that it would be used the way that it was. It was really just luck and weird out of step thinking that led to that being the success that it was.

Have you ever read their old magazine? It's about as hilarious as their current copy. They've always been high on their own stink. Sometimes they create winners, but they seem to create a lot of dud products along the way.

The only thing more cliche than the marketing slogan "The Future - Redefined" used by countless brands now, is.....well, nothing. It wins the title.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”