80s Inspired Synthwavish Track Attempt

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Friends,

An 80s inspired music attempt from me.

Thanks for listening and I hope you guys like it :)

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/memories-single

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:The 6th and 8th notes of that first riff are out of tune with the rest of the music, but the rest of track does a good job at sounding very 80s. I will always love those toms 8)
Thanks for the valuable feedback, sir. I will try to incorporate your suggestion for correction :tu:

Friends,

Revised version of my track (changed Arp and Melody Arrangement, removed chords altogether) is here.

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/memories-revisited

Thanks for listening :)

Sounding very 80s poptastic. I was waiting for the girls to come in on vocals. Mix is ok but it needs a "hook" imho.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Sounding very 80s poptastic. I was waiting for the girls to come in on vocals. Mix is ok but it needs a "hook" imho.
Thank you so much for listening and giving your precious inputs. I will sure look into the suggestion you've made :tu:

The 2nd version I liked better.
I would have suggested to side-chain the arp bass but that would have brought the track into the `90s. :)
The toms were from the Fairlight, am I correct? If so,what are you using, are there more Fairlight samples?
Nicely done. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:The 2nd version I liked better.
I would have suggested to side-chain the arp bass but that would have brought the track into the `90s. :)
The toms were from the Fairlight, am I correct? If so,what are you using, are there more Fairlight samples?
Nicely done. :)
Hi,

Sorry for the late response. thanks for the kind words, the toms were from 200 drum machine samples pack, which I have used directly on FL Studio (only a mild Fruity Reverb 2 was applied on them) :)

cool Miami vice vibe and toms :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:cool Miami vice vibe and toms :hihi:
Thanks Sir :tu:

Yes! :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus wrote:
Yes! :)

i really like it, the intro threw me a bit offguard because of the offkeyness, but then later it gets really cool poppy.

Jesse Gorter wrote:i really like it, the intro threw me a bit offguard because of the offkeyness, but then later it gets really cool poppy.
Thank you very much for being so kind. I am happy that it made you feel that way :)

Great 80s summer vibe - love it!

Overall I think it works very well - opening of the new version is definitely better.

OPINION ALERT:
If there is one area I would work on further if it was my piece it would be the melodic content...it works quite well, but some of the phrases don't quite cut it for me in terms of melodic hooks...probably just needs one or two notes adjusted / removed here or there.

Return to “Music Cafe”